TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

Ultimate Fight Night 12

Let's get some dee-skushon going on up in hyah.........

Televised Card

Mike Swick vs Josh Burkman (WW)

Drew McFedries vs Patrick Cote (MW)

Nate Diaz vs Alvin Robinson (LW)

Undercard

Jeremy Stephens vs Cole Miller (LW)

Michihiro Omigawa vs Thiago Tavares (LW)

Gray Maynard vs Dennis Siver (LW)

Corey Hill vs Joe Veres (LW)

Kurt Pellegrino vs Alberto Crane (LW

Justin Buccholz vs Matt Wiman (LW)

Fuck yes UFC. Build the little guys the fuck up. This card looks really, really good and I look forward to DL'ing the entire undercard the next day because there literally is not a fight on this card that doesn't appeal to me in some way or another.

Swick/Burkman is a go as Mr. Swickotine has confirmed it. I'm not sure what to think about that fight. If Burkman wants to bring it he can be an entertaining fighter but when he chooses not to (ie. against Petz and Neer) he can suck the life out of a fight and with Swick being a total X factor @ WW this is a gamble to put in the main event. I personally think they should go with Cote/McFedries for the main.

No kidding. I was just thinking the other day that I'd love to see the Rory Singer vs Josh Haynes fight the other day. I would buy UFNs if they made them available on DVD

I'm interested to see if Corey Hill has improved. With his body-type he could pose a real threat in his weight division if he pays the price during training.

No kidding. I was just thinking the other day that I'd love to see the Rory Singer vs Josh Haynes fight the other day. I would buy UFNs if they made them available on DVD

I generally d/l the .avis of the unaired fights. The site I use is generally pretty reliable for torrents.

A site I'm sure you'll be sharing with us after the event airs.................right? :)

I'll shoot you an invite if I get enough d/l creds. Torrent Bully, btw.

Crane vs. Pellegrino is such an awesome fight. I really hate that we might be able to see it.

I don't get how Pellegrino went from a contender fight for the LW title on a main card of one of the biggest PPV's of the year, to fighting on the prelims on a free TV card. I think he's going to get the Fitch treatment.

Which leads to this question: How the hell did Stevenson get the #2 contender slot beating Pelligrino and Melvin?

He also beat Yves Edwards(who was borderline top 10 when Stevenson beat him) and tapped out Mishima in the 1st round.

Which leads to this question: How the hell did Stevenson get the #2 contender slot beating Pelligrino and Melvin?

He also beat Yves Edwards(who was borderline top 10 when Stevenson beat him) and tapped out Mishima in the 1st round.

Which is true, but then he goes to Melvin and Pellegrino, and it's a downgrade in competition. You can't tell me that they couldn't have done Florian/Stevenson or Huerta/Stevenson instead (he says, conveniently ignoring the fact that Florian/Mishima was on the same card as Stevenson/Melvin).

Regardless, it's a moot point now. Joe got the shot, and no matter what road he takes to get there, I think he still would've lost to Penn, who seemed pretty motivated out there. And it's hard to deny a motivated BJ. ;)

Which is true, but then he goes to Melvin and Pellegrino, and it's a downgrade in competition. You can't tell me that they couldn't have done Florian/Stevenson or Huerta/Stevenson instead (he says, conveniently ignoring the fact that Florian/Mishima was on the same card as Stevenson/Melvin).

Regardless, it's a moot point now. Joe got the shot, and no matter what road he takes to get there, I think he still would've lost to Penn, who seemed pretty motivated out there. And it's hard to deny a motivated BJ. ;)

Melvin had a lot of hype going into that fight, a lot of people including myself thought he had a great shot against Stevenson and could KO him. But what he didn't know he was going to party and snort coke instead of training.

Pellegrino is very underrated, he's going to be a contender in the divison for a long time.

Swicks takedown defense was really good, though he should have taken Burkman down as he was attempting to at the end of the round, since it looked like he could successfully do so. The fight was very similar to both the Loiseau and Okami fight, with Swick fighting not to lose, especially standing. These three fights were very high pressured, and while he didn't sink, he certainly didn't swim. As it was, he treaded water and in doing so nearly lost the fight, as he did against Okami. Ironically, fighting without taking risks, is taking a huge one when it comes to judges decisions. Burkman was tired after the first round, had his hands low, lacked a lot of the explosiveness he showed in the beginning, and gave Swick a stationary target throughout; Swick not capitalizing is a bad sign. By not varying his offense, taking advantage of opportunities, and general timidness, I can't see him doing well against the sharks of the division.