Georges St. Pierre vs Matt Serra

Rich Franklin vs Travis Lutter

Sam Stout vs Rich Clementi

Nate Quarry vs Kalib Starnes

Jonathan Goulet vs Kuniyoshi Hironaka

Marc Bocek vs Mac Danzig

Joe Doerkson vs Jason MacDonald

Ed Herman vs Demian Maia

No Shogun announced yet but with the "show that never was a show" in the UK getting axed this makes the UFC's Canadian debut a go.

From someone on the UG.

Here is what I was quoted.

Floors and lower part of first section. $600

Middle part of first section (yellow in the seating map) $500.

Top part of first section (green) $300.

Balcony $200. Upper balcony ranging from $50 to $100.

From several friends I have who have been to UFCs, the consensus is the best seats are the $300 ones if you can get them in the sections closest to the octagon (Sections 101, 102, 112-114 and 124 on this seat map).

If you get floors and the fight is on the other side of the octagon, you can't see anything and that close it is hard to see the big screen

329_CentreBell_Hockey_tn.jpg

This event will be now be called UFC 83: Middleweight Love-Fest as Bisping vs Charles McCarthy is a go for this show which makes the card completed.

GSP/Serra

Franklin/Lutter

Stout/Clementi

Bocek/Danzig

Hironaka/Goulet

MacDonald/Doerkson

Starnes/Quarry

Bisping/McCarthy

Ed Herman vs Demian Maia

For some reason, I was expecting the seats would be a lot cheaper. I mean, 100 bucks for the rafters? Yikes. No Montreal trip for me.

You're not thinking long term here. It's probably worth it. I mean, I paid $250 to practically sit in the upper deck at a Wrestlemania once and that was when I was a poor college student (aka $250 = months worth of beer) but it was worth every penny. How often are you going to get the chance to see UFC live? Half the PPVs are in Vegas and they are increasingly moving to more and more locations meaning that if they come to your neck of the woods it's what? Once a year or less?

I don't know what your financial situation is but even though it might seem like a lot at first, it's worth thinking about.

For some reason, I was expecting the seats would be a lot cheaper. I mean, 100 bucks for the rafters? Yikes. No Montreal trip for me.

You're not thinking long term here. It's probably worth it. I mean, I paid $250 to practically sit in the upper deck at a Wrestlemania once and that was when I was a poor college student (aka $250 = months worth of beer) but it was worth every penny. How often are you going to get the chance to see UFC live? Half the PPVs are in Vegas and they are increasingly moving to more and more locations meaning that if they come to your neck of the woods it's what? Once a year or less?

I don't know what your financial situation is but even though it might seem like a lot at first, it's worth thinking about.

Like Mik, I don't know how you're set up financially but if you've got a rewards credit card you may want to see if you've got the points for a free room (I'm probably using my SPG points for a family trip to Vegas. Hmm, taking a 4 month old to Sin City... pretty sure that's never a good idea...). If you don't have one, I highly recommend getting one (the cards compared are all no fee Canadian credit cards)

Like Mik, I don't know how you're set up financially but if you've got a rewards credit card you may want to see if you've got the points for a free room (I'm probably using my SPG points for a family trip to Vegas. Hmm, taking a 4 month old to Sin City... pretty sure that's never a good idea...). If you don't have one, I highly recommend getting one (the cards compared are all no fee Canadian credit cards)

Thing is, Vegas is a much cheaper trip for me than Montreal. The flight alone to Montreal is a good $800, probably more with tax. I'm paying half of that (probably less) for Vegas. Then dropping the 200-300 bucks for a ticket isn't so bad. Of course, Montreal + GSP sounds like it will be an amazing atmosphere...but it doesn't look like I'll be going. Vegas is much easier and cheaper.

Holy crap this is insane. 6000 people were online @ noon, Ticketmaster was fucking swamped - no one expected that turn out for the pre-pre sale. Tickets for the general public are going to be astronomical. Prolly 14000 by the end of today sold. This is insane.

Montreal. For real.