TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

Cobbler.....

Cobbler is usually the overlooked or forgotten concoction when people are talking about "Cake v. Pie"

Cobbler is a better version of pie to me.

You get all the ingredients of a pie in it, but since everything is mixed together, none of the crust is dried.

Nothing like a scoop of vanilla over a warm dish of cobbler.

Cherry & Peach are my personal favs.

Personally, I'm on the opposite spectrum. I dislike cobbler as a general rule. Although, I prefer my pies chilled or room temperature so that might be why.

Notable exception was my ex's Nana's Apple Cobbler. Man that shit was good.

Guest Vitamin X

Living in Oregon, Marionberry Cobbler with a scoop of sexy french vanilla bean ice cream is delectable with a cool dark beer.

I had some cobbler Sunday night that had strawberries and peaches in it. As a Kentucky boy, I know me some cobblers. But strawberries in a cobbler was new. It was pretty good.

Guest C*Z*E*C*H

I like cobbler, but I can't dig deep down and have strong feelings about it. Also, it's kind of ugly. It lacks pie's minimalism or the decorative touches of cake. But I did have some sort of caramel apple cobbler the other day that I really enjoyed.

That Oregon cobbler meal sounds great. Everything perfectly complemented.

Guest Vitamin X

For those unaware, marionberry is a type of blackberry that originated from Marion County, Oregon that has a bit more of a tart taste than blackberries do. It's kind of in between raspberry and blackberry with a bit of sweetness like a strawberry. Marionberry jam is amazing.