TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kingpk

History made

Guest Kingpk

Wow, the Yankees REALLY are in a slump if they can't get a single hit on 6 DIFFERENT PITCHERS. I'll bet George is tearing out his weave right now.

It was the Astros, BTW, winning 8-0.

EDIT: And while watching Baseball Tonight, the Yankees had a TON of chances, nonetheless. The Red Sox are kicking the shit out of the Cards, so this s a good night

Yankees :lol:

Guest Bruiser Chong

I got pretty into the game after the Cards/Red Sox became a squash and for a while, I was hoping the Yankees would win, since the Astros are competing with the Cubs, but by the end, my hatred for NY had resurfaced as I realized how close they were to being no-hit. The fact that they had so many chances to not only get hits, but to score several runs, makes this even better. Think about this--they had the bases loaded and several occassions where more than one guy was on, yet they didn't get a single hit. They just weren't playing good ball tonight, which is bad since the Astros have been on fire as of late and only the Yanks A game would have been good enough. Georgie boy must be shitting his pants right about now, as he was getting mad at the Yanks for winning just because they were hitting HR's. Bet he feels sorta dumb for getting mad over that now.

Guest MaxPower27

Props to the over-worked Astros bullpen on this. I don't get to see many Astros games, and I was impressed by them, especially Dotel and Wagner.

Guest the pinjockey

So by the time tomorrow's papers come out Cashman will be fired and a trade will be made. Especially from getting no-hit and losing the division lead in the same night.

Guest Bruiser Chong

Dotel was just amazing, striking out the side (four actually, as there was a strikeout that was a wild pitch), which just happened to be the heart of the Yankees' batting lineup. It's even more impressive considering the Astros' starter went down early on with a groin injury.

So by the time tomorrow's papers come out Cashman will be fired and a trade will be made.  Especially from getting no-hit and losing the division lead in the same night.

I doubt Cashman will get fired. But I do agree about their being a trade. Though it will be a "steal a star player from a poor house team in exchange for some scraps from the Minor Leagues" type trades. Which means expect Mike Sweeney or Billy Koch to be in pinstripes before the trading deadline expires.....

Astros lose tomorrow 10-2 because all of their pitchers are "tired".

I'm a Cards fan, but yeah come the 8th inning I was rooting for the no-hitter.

Guest the pinjockey
Though it will be a "steal a star player from a poor house team in exchange for some scraps from the Minor Leagues" type trades.

Steinbrenner: Hello, Omar Minaya, I hear that you aren't going to be able to resign Vladamir Guerrero. Tough break. So how would you like to get the five tool prospect that is Juan Rivera along with a AAA pitcher for him?

Guest Ghettoman

Did someone say six pitchers as if facing six pitchers in one game is an easy task? The guy they prepared for was gone after 1, there bats were off, there pitchers were fresh and throwing good.

Bad game, nothing more nothing less. Of course a record was broken so now "the yankees will never win again and the astros will win the series".

Guest CanadianChris

Just found out something amazing...last night was the first time the Yankees had been no-hit in FORTY-FIVE YEARS...in other words, it's never happened on Steinbrenner's watch. Until now, that is.

Methinks Torre and Cashman better get started on updating their resumes.

Guest Kingpk

It's just fun to see the Yankees start so hot and then, not just run, sprint at full speed SMACK DAB into the wall.

And come on, you KNOW George is tearing his hair out already.

Guest MaxPower27

Oh well. I hate the Yankees, so watching them be unable to even get ONE HIT against 6 pitchers was certainly enjoyable.

Guest CanadianChris

Hey, I know I've always hated the Yankees. Comes from cheering for the Blue Jays and Red Sox.

Guest Ghettoman

Alright, someone explain to me right now how it's easier to get a hit off of six pitchers than it is off of one. Either find away around logic, or just shut the fuck up.

And to think we're actually humble at times, hell we should be fucking marching through Boston with our trophies just so we can get off on listening to you guys cry like little bitches.

Guest MaxPower27

well, lets see, to be fair they had never seen the Astros pitchers, but a majority of Astros pitchers were getting ahead on fastballs. A few looked pretty hittable to me.

Why the fuck was Posada swinging on 3-0? Sure, it was a good pitch, but it would have made more sense to take it and get the fastball with the next pitch to drive it.

Guest Kingpk

They didn't all pitch the "game of their lives" to do it. Some of those swings were PATHETIC (Giambi's waving at one in the dirt especially) and it seemed the Yankees just gave up by the 7th.

You'd think a team with a $180M payroll can get a damn HIT.

Guest Ghettoman

Ahem, I said:

Why is it easier to get a hit against 6 different pitchers than it is against one?

I didn't say anything about Posada swinging on 3-0, I already said they were off yesterday, I want to know why it's easier to get a hit when facing 6 different pitchers through 9, than it is facing the same one.

Good Luck.

Kingpin whatever, who said they did pitch the game of there lives? I said they were on, the Yankees were off, when that happens you get a blow out. Thats what we got, the only difference is it's the Yankees, and because it's the Yankees, we must jump on every little detail as if it's a sign of the apocolypse.

Sad, sad little haters.

Guest Kingpk

I dunno, it's just that you would think at least one would throw one bad pitch and just have a hit drop in there. They loaded the bases for the Yankees and they did nothing with it. Dotel had a passed ball, but STILL struck out the side with no problem.

The Yankees weren't "off", they simply didn't show up AT ALL.

Guest Ghettoman

No see now your over-blowing it for the sake of over-blowing it.

You'd think they would, but it didn't happen. And? Do you honestly expect them to not get a hit for the rest of the season? They didn't help themselves, and they didn't get lucky, it's called a bad game. And when one team has a bad game, and the other team has a good game, guess what we get? Thats right, a lop-sided game!(its called logic, its in the dictionary under L)

What about the game two days ago they won? What happens if they win today?

You know what though, go ahead, take one game and fufill your hate filled fantasy with it. It's more amusing then it is frustrating.

Guest CanadianChris

It's much easier to get a hit off a pitcher the second or third time around the batting order, just due to familiarity (on the hitter's part) and tiredness (on the pitcher's part). If you're facing a new, fresh pitcher every time you go to the plate, it's going to be a lot harder on the hitter.

Guest Kingpk

Ok, I'm done with the "Yankee-hate", the embarassment Torre, Steinbrenner, and the players feel is enough. Besides, the bubbly they gave the pitchers afterwards was classy.

Anyway, when's Roger going for 300 again. $50 says he gathers the relievers beforehand and says "Just want to let you guys know, if I have to come out and you blow this for me, there are gonna be some beatings."

Guest CanadianChris
Ok, I'm done with the "Yankee-hate", the embarassment Torre, Steinbrenner, and the players feel is enough. Besides, the bubbly they gave the pitchers afterwards was classy.

Anyway, when's Roger going for 300 again. $50 says he gathers the relievers beforehand and says "Just want to let you guys know, if I have to come out and you blow this for me, there are gonna be some beatings."

Friday night, against St. Louis. Jason Simontacchi (4-3, 6.56) on the hill for the Cardinals.

Guest nl5xsk1
Alright, someone explain to me right now how it's easier to get a hit off of six pitchers than it is off of one. Either find away around logic, or just shut the fuck up.

And to think we're actually humble at times, hell we should be fucking marching through Boston with our trophies just so we can get off on listening to you guys cry like little bitches.

CanadianChris already did a perfect job in answering the first part, so I don't think that I'll need to touch upon that. Logic used, so no need for anyone to shut the fuck up.

And for the second part: OUR trophies? Which Series winner did you play for? Which position? Or are the trophies kept in one central location for everyone to access, and you all are allowed to check them out for the day, for marches through other cities and whatnot? (and feel free to blast the Sox as your retribution. I couldn't care less about them, and agree that the Sox fans tend to bitch and moan a lot ... Having said that, though, I still hate the Yankees and their fans more.)

Guest alkeiper
Why is it easier to get a hit against 6 different pitchers than it is against one?

Simple. The Astros' best pitchers are their five starters, along with Dotel and Wagner. So after those 7, you get to middle relief, their 8th through 10th best pitchers, who pitched six innings. Its simply easier to get hits off a team's worst pitchers than their best.

The rest of this argument isn't worth my dignity.

Guest Some Guy

Ghettoman, there have been signs of the Yanks going down for three years now. They got old, then got a bunch of new guys and they just haven't meshed and now they're old again. Except for Jeter, Soriano, and Johnson (who's hurt) I don't think there is one Yankees regular who is under 33 including the pitching staff. The team's weeknesses have been showing all year, bad bullpen, aging starters, poor attitude on the field, ego-manical owner, a manager beign handcuffed and shit on at every turn by said ego-manical owner. You can call it a bad game all you want, which it certainly was and make all teh excuses but you can't sit there and fool yourself into thinking that this is still the '98 team, cause it ain't.

Pardon us for having a little fun at the expense of our least favorite team. Lord knows that a Yanks fan would never, ever throw salt on the wounds of their's. No, of course you wouldn't.

I don't think for one second that the Yanks are out of it, or won't play better, or trade to get better, but the signs of a decline are there and excuse me for hoping they continue and get markedly worse.

Fuck the Yankees, Fuck Georgie, and Fuck the Yankees fans. You guys talk all day about whining Red Sox fans, shit, I sae all of you crying in your Corn Flakes when they got beat in 2001, and when they got knoced out in teh first round by the wild card team last year. I saw Georgie throw his temper tantrums when the new basic agrrement was approved and when the team lost. Talk about whiners and poor losers all you want but maybe it's time to look in the mirror and see one too.

Guest cartman

Amen SG!

If this was Towers No-Hitting the Sox all the Yankee fanboys would be on here claiming their glory and saying how the Sox blow, blah blah blah.

I try to stay out of threads like these because I don't want to come in here looking like the stereotypical Yankee fan. With that being said, being a Bronx native, I've seen my share of games and been around my share of Yankee's fans.

Now, I am not denying that some fans are very outspoken and try to throw their victories in the faces of other fans, but for the most part, its a bum rap.

All *I* ever heard when I was at school upstate was bitching and kvetching from Sox fans and Yankee fans retaliating. The same goes with Met fans. It seems EVERYONE hates the Yankees and it's the cool thing to do...and if you're a fan, you're the devil. That's not fair, especially to those who grew up as Yankee fans who didn't join the bandwagoner in the late 90's.

Dames

Guest Ghettoman
CanadianChris already did a perfect job in answering the first part, so I don't think that I'll need to touch upon that. Logic used, so no need for anyone to shut the fuck up.

Hahahaha, go read what he said again, and that need may just be filled.

And for the second part: OUR trophies? Which Series winner did you play for? Which position? Or are the trophies kept in one central location for everyone to access, and you all are allowed to check them out for the day, for marches through other cities and whatnot? (and feel free to blast the Sox as your retribution. I couldn't care less about them, and agree that the Sox fans tend to bitch and moan a lot ... Having said that, though, I still hate the Yankees and their fans more.)

Sorry bout that, I'll never show pride and loyalty to a ball club ever again. :lol:

Simple. The Astros' best pitchers are their five starters, along with Dotel and Wagner. So after those 7, you get to middle relief, their 8th through 10th best pitchers, who pitched six innings. Its simply easier to get hits off a team's worst pitchers than their best.

Do you understand what a relief pitcher is? Notice the word relief, it means when a starting pitcher gets tired, and starts getting hit a lot, they take him out of the game for some one who's good to go for 1 or 2 solid. Many relief pitchers are used to even challenge a batters position to specify certain contact if any. Which in essence means, more pitchers, bigger challenge.

You can keep your dignity, try and sell it so you can buy a better agruement....you might have to throw a TV in too. ;)

Ghettoman, there have been signs of the Yanks going down for three years now. They got old, then got a bunch of new guys and they just haven't meshed and now they're old again. Except for Jeter, Soriano, and Johnson (who's hurt) I don't think there is one Yankees regular who is under 33 including the pitching staff. The team's weeknesses have been showing all year, bad bullpen, aging starters, poor attitude on the field, ego-manical owner, a manager beign handcuffed and shit on at every turn by said ego-manical owner. You can call it a bad game all you want, which it certainly was and make all teh excuses but you can't sit there and fool yourself into thinking that this is still the '98 team, cause it ain't.

Three years now? See thats funny, how you relate complete and total failure with not winning. If thats the case, how far down are the Sox? I mean they been falling for almost a 100 years now! I think it's a little dumb to say they haven't meshed when the Yankees had the best regular season record in baseball last year, were beat by the team who ended up taking it all, a year back losing game seven of the world series at the last possible oppurtunity. I mean if thats not a damn good ball club that meshes tell me what is?

Who said it was the 98 team? Maybe it's the 96 team, or hell how about 99? 00 maybe? How about the 78 team? Shall I continue? Or do you understand the point that there the 03 team, and no ones said otherwise?

Ego maniacal owner? Hey whatever you gotta call somebody who wants to see his team win.

Those weaknesses by the way were pretty funny, about how pitchers like Mussina and Wells, two relatively old guys(oh unless of course you were on about that Clemens fella who makes up all about 15% of there pitching staff, still hung up on him?) are getting old, so old the only time they lose is when they don't have good run support, or have had one or two bad outings, LIKE NORMAL PITCHERS. The rest though was just dumb so why bother.

Pardon us for having a little fun at the expense of our least favorite team. Lord knows that a Yanks fan would never, ever throw salt on the wounds of their's. No, of course you wouldn't.

When you bash our club every chance you get why wouldn't we!? We never started bashing the losing team, it was the other way around, check your history. We go in defense mode when needed, and when you got 26 perty little statuettes backing you up it's not hard to gloat on those who wish ill.

I don't think for one second that the Yanks are out of it, or won't play better, or trade to get better, but the signs of a decline are there and excuse me for hoping they continue and get markedly worse.

Decline!? They still have a winning record, can win two games and take back there division, what are you on!? One bad spell during the season, and oh no, the yankees are going down!!! Let's forget about how right before this skid happened the Yankees were undoubtedly one of the best clubs in baseball, oh and the fact that they still are.

Oh and your said hater fantasies have been excused.

Fuck the Yankees, Fuck Georgie, and Fuck the Yankees fans. You guys talk all day about whining Red Sox fans, shit, I sae all of you crying in your Corn Flakes when they got beat in 2001, and when they got knoced out in teh first round by the wild card team last year. I saw Georgie throw his temper tantrums when the new basic agrrement was approved and when the team lost. Talk about whiners and poor losers all you want but maybe it's time to look in the mirror and see one too.

We talk about whining Red Sox fans is all you do is whine about us! Remember, we didn't just decide one day to start trashing lesser teams, rivalry was born from jealousy, and the Yankees damn sure don't have a thing to be jealous about. Crying in our corn flakes!? Hello, ninth inning, game seven, great team. Wild Card!? The World Series Champions wild card....oh and who had the best record in baseball that year? I've seem to forgotten.

George upset at his team losing! There he goes caring again, someone give that man some morphine, he can't be going around feeling emotions, it's too dangerous.

And ladies and gentleman, I give you your quote of the year, take note, it's from A REDSOX FAN ABOUT THE YANKEES:

Talk about whiners and poor losers all you want but maybe it's time to look in the mirror and see one too.

Only if it's a two way and your standing on the other side! :lol: