KingPK

WWF WrestleMania X-7 (4/1/01)

Intercontinental Title: William Regal vs. Chris Jericho ©

The APA and Tazz vs. The Right To Censor

Hardcore Title Three-Way: Kane vs. Big Show vs. Raven ©

European Title: Eddie Guerrero vs. Test ©

Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit

Women's Title: Chyna vs. Ivory ©

Shane McMahon vs. Vince McMahon (Special Referee: Mick Foley)

TLC II: The Hardyz vs. Edge and Christian vs. The Dudley Boyz ©

Gimmick Battle Royal

HHH vs. The Undertaker

WWF Championship: Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Rock ©

For the record, yes it is.

I underrated HHH/Taker when I reviewed that one on my (now deleted) blog. I was so sick of that finish, because I had watched a ton of matches recently which borrowed a similar finish. I had it at ***1/4, but I'd bump it up to ***3/4.

Great show.

I still love when Taker chokeslams Hunter off that scaffold area and the camera angle makes it seem like he tossed him like 10 feet to the concrete floor, but the replay clearly shows Hunter only going about 5 feet and landing on a foam pad about a foot thick.

Motorhead's appearance is one of my top WrestleMania mark out moments. I had no idea they were going to be there.

Seeing Repo Man was also swell.

European Title: Eddie Guerrero vs. Test ©

Another Wrestlemania match up between two guys that are dead. I remember in this match that Test really stiff kicks Guerrero in the face, to the point that even Paul E. grimaces.

Far and away not only my most anticipated Wrestlemania, but my favorite wrestling event of all time. I've never since felt as though I for my money's worth, as much as I did after watching this on PPV. So, finally this past Fall, I came across a used WWF copy at Moviestop for the unbelievably-low price of $7.99. I know I could have simply bought the Wrestlemania Anthology version, but with this being such an important event to me, I wanted it with the unblurred logos, and Limp Bizkit soundtrack (IMO, providing "My Way" to be the theme for this show is still their only positive contribution to society) intact. Beats paying the ungodly Ebay markup which has admittedly dropped a LOT in the past couple years. Motorhead's unadvertised (?) appearance was definitely memorable, as was Stone Cold Steve Austin having on of the most emotional matches in recent memory against The Rock. I could write paragraphs about this PPV, but I think I've said enough.

Motorhead's appearance is one of my top WrestleMania mark out moments. I had no idea they were going to be there.

I remember watching this with a bunch of people at my friends house. This one kid who didn't like wrestling much totally marked out when Motorhead played, smiling that this was probably the largest audience they've ever played to in America.

That Wrestlemania was the height of the Attitude Era. If there's such a thing as a perfect wrestling show, that would be it.

Everything you could ask for in wrestling is in there :

- Huge main-event witht the two biggest stars clashing against one another.

- The "workrate" match with the scientific wrestling.

- The "Holy shit" match with the crazy bumps.

- Your sports-entertainment match witht the soap opera angles and a million run-ins.

- Comedy/Nostalgia that works.

- The bad stuff is kept short.

- All of that in a huge dome with slick presentation.

If you can't like this show, why are you watching wrestling?

Linda McMahon rising from the wheelchair all the way through the end of the Vince/Shane match is just an ungodly sustained pop. It was enough that she kicks him in the nuts, but then Foley gets back in the ring after his chairshot and starts beating the crap out of Vince, and THEN Shane debuts the VanTerminator in the WWF. Just about everything on the card is at least pretty decent, even Chyna whoopin' up on Ivory was fun. I remember that the next week was Spring Break at school, but I was telling people "fuck this break crap, I just wish it was last Sunday night again." I still feel the same way, it was one of those completely fantastic shows that I watched over and over after taping it off of the original broadcast. Royal Rumble 2000 is still my #1 favorite PPV, but this is #1A.

COME ON MAN

I know it's been said before, but it's totally fitting that the show that represented the peak of the Attitude-era and the end of the Monday Night Wars was headlined by the two biggest stars it created.

X-7 was the first Wrestlemania for me since I started watching wrestling full-time. Easily my favorite Mania (probably my favorite PPV period), but it sucks that things kinda went downhill from there.

This was a show that looked like it would rule on paper and then it ruled when it really happened. A great PPV but if they edited out the Benoit/Angle match just skip this 24/7 version and find an older DVD from the original release. It will have the music and logos intact as well.

This show has it all: main event epic matches on top, a soap opera sideshow match, technical wrestling, a crazed tag team spotfest, hardcore wrestling, etc. About all it needed was a fun cruiser match on the card, but they didn't bring in Rey initially from WCW.

Yeah, either Crash or Dean (I don't recall when he lost the belt to Crash). X-Pac wasn't LHW champ until he beat Jeff Hardy in the summer.

A quick review of the title history shows Crash won it a few weeks prior to the show.

Oh, my mistake. Got my dates mixed up there.

Still though, can't really get a Cruiser-style match with Crash.

Best we could have hoped for was either Crash/X-Pac, Crash/Spike, or a combo of the three.

Yeah, either Crash or Dean (I don't recall when he lost the belt to Crash). X-Pac wasn't LHW champ until he beat Jeff Hardy in the summer.

A quick review of the title history shows Crash won it a few weeks prior to the show.

then Jerry Lynn beat Crash, before dropping it to Jeff. anyhow, this was probably the WM I had the most fun watching live . It was me and my high school best friend at my house. We were just going crazy the whole night. This was like the culmination of the Attitude era that we went through high school watching, so it was special to us. I still have the vhs that I recorded it live. Wish I could find the original dvd for 7.99 too. Don't have the anthology dvd set, but I won't record it off 24/7 since they cut off a match, plus I hate the logo blurring. I guess I should watch my live vhs and transfer it to dvd.

So...they bleep Bradshaw saying "ass" during his promo before the 6-man but they don't when he says it during the Fort Hood rally video.

:huh:

The beeping doesn't bother me but the black and white in the main event? Come on.

Did Shane not get his own theme music until the summer of 2001? When did "Here Comes the Money" debut?

So, Bradshaw can't say ass in his promo, you know, understandably for the kid's sakes. However, Mark Henry can have the 36 Mafia saying "Somebody gonna get they ass kicked" multiple times in his entrance music, and that's ok?

Did Shane not get his own theme music until the summer of 2001? When did "Here Comes the Money" debut?

If I had to guess, I'd say it was the night after Judgment Day 01 when he interrupted Kurt Angle's gold medal ceremony to set up their match at KOTR. If not, it was definitely shortly after as KOTR was the first PPV where Shane had it.

Linda McMahon rising from the wheelchair all the way through the end of the Vince/Shane match is just an ungodly sustained pop. It was enough that she kicks him in the nuts, but then Foley gets back in the ring after his chairshot and starts beating the crap out of Vince, and THEN Shane debuts the VanTerminator in the WWF. Just about everything on the card is at least pretty decent, even Chyna whoopin' up on Ivory was fun. I remember that the next week was Spring Break at school, but I was telling people "fuck this break crap, I just wish it was last Sunday night again." I still feel the same way, it was one of those completely fantastic shows that I watched over and over after taping it off of the original broadcast. Royal Rumble 2000 is still my #1 favorite PPV, but this is #1A.

COME ON MAN

That promo video is still one of the WWE's best ever.. so so awesome.

The beeping doesn't bother me but the black and white in the main event? Come on.

Wait a second...they're black-and-whiting the main event? Because of the blood? You have got to be kidding me.

I know they do that on the official website and that's fine with me but now the Wrestlemanias? Is this going to be a trend on the DVDs now?