TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JMA

Republicans for choice

Guest JMA

Some people seem to think all Republicans are pro-life. This is simply wrong. Heck, there used to be a lot more liberal and moderate Republicans. So, in the interest of breaking stereotypes I present this site: Republicans for choice

I'm not a Republican but they shouldn't be stereotyped as something they aren't. And yes, I fully realize I will get some flames for posting this. Doesn't matter. So, check out the site. Comment on it if you want. Or don't. Whatever.

Guest Silence

Mao, Stalin, Adolf, and a few others as well liked to butcher people like common farm animals. If we do the same through abortion, are we any different?

Guest NoCalMike
Mao, Stalin, Adolf, and a few others as well liked to butcher people like common farm animals.  If we do the same through abortion, are we any different?

Was there anyone left that honestly believed every democrat or republican followed party lines on the abortion issue? All the same though, good job keeping the awareness of the minorities in the majorities..(if that makes sense)

Guest Some Guy
All the same though, good job keeping the awareness of the minorities in the majorities..(if that makes sense)

I think I get you. If you mean dissenters in a person's own party.

Guest Olympic Slam

Here's another ideology that qualifies as conservative that is also, pro-life. Capitalism.org Their stance is very interesting and it's the one I most closely follow.

Guest Spicy McHaggis

No offense (as I respect your views) but Capitalism.org's explanation is spin at it's worst.

Guest Olympic Slam
No offense (as I respect your views) but Capitalism.org's explanation is spin at it's worst.

Most definitely, but the whole idea of favoring the unborn over the living women is thought provoking if nothing else. It and other publications really made me change my views on what "pro-life" really means.

Guest JMA
Mao, Stalin, Adolf, and a few others as well liked to butcher people like common farm animals. If we do the same through abortion, are we any different?

I would normally insult you. But I won't. I will simply tell you how things are. Pro-choice people (like myself) don't consider a fetus of three months or under to be alive. Therefore, no one is slaughtered. To Bush's credit he does approve of abortion in the case of the Big Three (rape, incest, or danger to the mother). So, even some pro-lifers are for abortion in these cases. Right now abortion is something that is needed, IMO. I don't like excessive abortions either, but I do think more harm would be done if it was made illegal. I believe that one day it won't be needed, but for now it is.

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

"I would normally insult you. But I won't. I will simply tell you how things are. Pro-choice people (like myself) don't consider a fetus of three months or under to be alive. Therefore, no one is slaughtered."

So you insult people that have different opinions of this topic than you? Speaking as a moderate, I find that deplorable. You may think life isn't viable at three months in the womb, but other people, myself included, do.

Many pro-life people also believe that abortion should be legal in cases of the "big 3," although "health of the mother has so much gray, mushy area in it that one could mistake this reason for an unborn fetus itself.

And, *coughcough* sometimes when I read your posts, I actually do question my pro-life position and wonder if abortion isn't OK in some instances outside the “big 3”...

Guest JMA
So you insult people that have different opinions of this topic than you? Speaking as a moderate, I find that deplorable. You may think life isn't viable at three months in the womb, but other people, myself included, do.

Many pro-life people also believe that abortion should be legal in cases of the "big 3," although "health of the mother has so much gray, mushy area in it that one could mistake this reason for an unborn fetus itself.

I didn't insult him. I just didn't like him compairing abortion to butchering animals. That's all.

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

"I didn't insult him."

I didn't say HIM -- I said, "So you insult people that have different opinions of this topic..."

In your post you said, "I would normally insult you. But I won't."

Unless I took that quote as saying you would normally insult Silence, which I have noticed in previous posts that you don't. I then concluded that line as meaning you would insult someone who said what he did.

If I'm wrong, my bad.

I never said you insulted him...

Guest DrTom

Sigh.

The difference is, they slaughtered living people by the truckload because they were depraved, twisted men. Abortion destroys unborn fetuses, which have yet to be conclusively proven as alive or not. Personally, I think life begins when a fetus is viable outside the womb, which is generally around the six-month mark.

So no, there's no comparison to be drawn there at all.

Guest Samurai_Goat

I would like to say in Dreamers defense that directly comparing people who are pro-choice to Mao, Hitler and Big Joe Easy could be construed, perhaps, as at least mildly insulting. Well, hey, I'm pro-choice, and I found that statement a bit insulting. So back off Dreamer. He could have been responding to what he considered an insult.

Guest JMA
I would like to say in Dreamers defense that directly comparing people who are pro-choice to Mao, Hitler and Big Joe Easy could be construed, perhaps, as at least mildly insulting. Well, hey, I'm pro-choice, and I found that statement a bit insulting. So back off Dreamer. He could have been responding to what he considered an insult.

Thanks man. :)