TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Frank Grimes

Nash offered management position

Guest Frank Grimes
I have heard from a few sources that WWE has made an offer to Kevin Nash to join the company’s management team, though I am not sure in exactly what capacity. Sources I have spoken to believe that it the position would in the creative end of WWE because in order to take the job Nash would have to move to Connecticut and work at Titan Towers, in addition to also going on the road to shows.

As best as I can tell, Nash, whose wrestling contract with WWE expires soon, has not taken the job and is said to be leaning towards not doing so. Nash has done very well over the years financially, including his current WWE deal, which is said to be worth between $600 and 700,000 a year annually, and doesn’t need to work. Odds are also good that he doesn’t want to move to the cold northeast or work a lot of hours at the Tower.

All indications out of WWE are that the company has no interest in renewing Nash’s wrestling deal when it expires. Nash has been hurt during much of his current deal and is still in no shape to wrestle after recent problems with his neck. He is on record as saying that he may not wrestle full time again. Even if he was healthy, WWE has gotten much more cost conscious since Nash signed his deal in 2002 and at this point, he probably would be lucky to get half of the downside guarantee that he got then. But, Vince McMahon is very friendly with Nash so I would not completely close the door on his WWE career at this point.

How many people have torn muscles sitting in a board room?

Guest champchavez

('Unplugged in New Yor'k was a pretty good album, but I think the last 10 or so records I've listened to in the past week are far better--the new Strokes, Eno 'Another Green World', Spacemen 3 'Perfect Prescription', Pixies 'Doolittle', Ornette Coleman 'Science Fiction', etc.)

Great! Nash! Wrestling is so full of idiots. Case in point a guy like Nash is offered a creative deal. He's had his chance, and he was terrible. But then is it any more ridiculous that they'd be paying him $600000 a year to 'wrestle'? Think about this: how much of that $600000 has Nash possibly earned?

Guest Trivia247

well he can be useless in Stamford...or go out and be useless in Japan. his choice.

What the hell type of management position they could give him? The announce position? i know wrestlers whom are loyal to the WWF/E get almost life time contracts to work for them, but come on what can Nash do? Be vice president in charge of Health Risk Hosses?

('Unplugged in New Yor'k was a pretty good album, but I think the last 10 or so records I've listened to in the past week are far better--the new Strokes, Eno 'Another Green World', Spacemen 3 'Perfect Prescription', Pixies 'Doolittle', Ornette Coleman 'Science Fiction', etc.)

?????

Went over mine into the trees behind me.

If Nash got the announce position, I'm happy. But dear god help us if he gets a cramp.

Guest Frank Grimes

I guess he was responding to my signature. As far as how it became the main topic of discussion ... :unsure:

Guest Breetai
How many people have torn muscles sitting in a board room?

*Looks into future*

One.

Guest Trivia247
Trivia, who is that in your signature? Mortis?

Abyss

Least that is what it says in the sig under the picture.

yes it is abyss

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

I wouldn't mind it at all if Nash took up this post.

He had a bad time booking WCW but he would not be the only one booking WWE. I at least get the feeling he would be outspoken and not a 'yes' man.

Guest Markingout

How many people have fainted after signing paper? 1,thats why Nash wont work in an office.

Give him Lawler's job!

That might have been a joke, but I actually agree with that one.

They guy is pretty damn good on the mic.

No joke.

I wouldn't mind it at all if Nash took up this post.

He had a bad time booking WCW but he would not be the only one booking WWE. I at least get the feeling he would be outspoken and not a 'yes' man.

I agree with that, but past experiences have proven him to be very clique-ish (no pun intended).

I do agree with those who said that he should take over Lawler's spot. Hopefully, they should do it as some sort of an angle with him jackkniving Lawler to establish him as a heel commentater.

Guest Homeless Guy Spare Some Change

but goldberg has done more wrestling so it seems stupid to pay both of them, get rid of them, but then nash as a ring announcer, can't get hurt there...........Or can he

Guest Jimbo

You know though that if Nash was an announcer, he'd eventually be brought back into some major fued...

Guest Frank Grimes

How can you say they're overpaid? Nash is only going to have made nearly $100,000 a match and Goldberg ONLY $20,000-30,000/match. If anything, they're underpaid.

You know though that if Nash was an announcer, he'd eventually be brought back into some major fued...

True, but at least it wouldn't lead to him being in a crappy match.

Guest Salacious Crumb

His booking of WCW wasn't that bad. It was certainly an upgrade to some of the crap we've had recently and it can only be an improvement when he can't give himself the title.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Didn't Nash book himself to end Goldbergs streak?

And the Finger Poke of doom?

if yes, HOW THE FUCK IS HE ANY GOOD!?!?!

HHH was offered a management position. Under Steph. He took it... and got SQUASHED! Cause she's so fat! That's why he's fat! Cause she turned him into goo!

God, this is funny. You guys just don't know it yet. Give it time, you'll laugh.