TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest CronoT

Triple H's ego.

Guest CronoT

Something I've been meaning to point out, but just never got around to....

Has anyone else found it interesting that when Flair and Orton come out, they come out to the new Evolution music, (which kicks, BTW) and when Triple H comes out, he still pretty much comes out to his own music?

So, Triple H has to be in the intro video/music for the rest of the stable, but no one else can be featured in his intro?

What a fucking egomaniac.

Guest CanadianChick

Wow, way to pick the most pettiest and riduculous thing to complain about for Triple H.

Guest The ChriZa

Although, when HHH was in DX (circa 98 and 99), he was the only one who came out to the stable's theme, while X-Pac and the Outlaws had their very own themes. See? He's a team player!!! Ehh, what's the point...

Guest CronoT
Wow, way to pick the most pettiest and riduculous thing to complain about for Triple H.

It's usually the little things that give you the biggest clues to what's really going on backstage.

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins

I'm more interested in ChriZa's avatar pic then this thread.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

I think it's "evolutions" music. So if he came down with the group for a promo or for a tag match, he'd use the music, but if it were singles then it would be his music... just like Flair would use 2001 for singles music... and orton would use, whatever he uses...

Guest CronoT

Oh yeah, I forgot, HLA. It hasn't worked yet, but why give up now?

Originally posted by RavishingRickRudo

I think it's "evolutions" music. So if he came down with the group for a promo or for a tag match, he'd use the music, but if it were singles then it would be his music... just like Flair would use 2001 for singles music... and orton would use, whatever he uses...

So, why doesn't Flair just have his music, even when he's with Orton? Way to show stable cohesion, Levesque.

Guest Choken One

Well...

Motorhead or Generic WWE produced song

can ya BLAME the guy?

Guest The ChriZa

I did that to distract you from how uninteresting a poster I am.

Guest CanadianChick

It's usually the little things that give you the biggest clues to what's really going on backstage.

Oh, so it's NOT him not dropping the title for almost 10 monthes straight that gives you an idea of what's going on backstage? It's his entrance? Alright, I'll keep that in mind.

Guest Vitamin X

:huh:

That was dumb. I really am against all the HHHate, I mean I know he plays politics backstage supposedly or whatever, but I think this is just petty beyond all means. I don't even hate the man's matches, he's a decent brawler and sometimes has incorporated technical work in his matches.

Guest subliminal_animal

No, it's that you're a moron trying to fit in.

Guest The ChriZa

If its the little things that represent what's going on, you could argue that Kane is truly the one who rules the WWE with an iron fist, what with him being ALL OVER Raw for 3 weeks straight now, being the center of attention, and no-selling the Stunner like it was a slap.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

I do think HHH's entrance is a key indication of his power. You can tell he went over every little detail of it from the entrance to the ring apron spot - most guys don't get to coordinate that kind of thing. It shows that HHH has a lot of control over his own character.

Guest CronoT

Oh, so it's NOT him not dropping the title for almost 10 monthes straight that gives you an idea of what's going on backstage? It's his entrance? Alright, I'll keep that in mind.

As I said, the little things add up to make big things.

And yes, even though they are heels, the Evolution music is sweet.

Originally posted by RavishingRickRudo

I do think HHH's entrance is a key indication of his power. You can tell he went over every little detail of it from the entrance to the ring apron spot - most guys don't get to coordinate that kind of thing. It shows that HHH has a lot of control over his own character.

THANK you, Rudo. That's the point I was trying to get across; even though it's pretty much accepted dogma by now.

Guest CanadianChick
If its the little things that represent what's going on, you could argue that Kane is truly the one who rules the WWE with an iron fist, what with him being ALL OVER Raw for 3 weeks straight now, being the center of attention, and no-selling the Stunner like it was a slap.

*gasps*

Oh. My. God. You are right! Kane is the real backstage cancer on Raw. :P

Guest The ChriZa

But if you want to talk an impressive entrance with coordination with the music, AND pyros, look at Y2J. And he's supposedly being held down.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

He's had that entrance since he debut. He was held down AFTER he debuted.

Look at it this way: Power is Control - HHH controls everything about his character.

Guest CanadianChick
I do think HHH's entrance is a key indication of his power.  You can tell he went over every little detail of it from the entrance to the ring apron spot - most guys don't get to coordinate that kind of thing.  It shows that HHH has a lot of control over his own character.

But if you want to talk an impressive entrance with coordination with the music, AND pyros, look at Y2J. And he's supposedly being held down.

Oh yeah? How about Goldust? He has the best entrance ever. How do you explain him? Hm?

Guest RavishingRickRudo

.. and might I add, everything _around_ his character.

Guest The ChriZa
He's had that entrance since he debut. He was held down AFTER he debuted.

But yeah, he's had it since his debut. Some guys had to earn their badass entrances, and Y2J's is still probably the coolest there is. Not that he doesn't deserve it. I remember HHH coming down to that medieval dance music. Besides, people like RVD are given opportunities to laugh at and mock HHH's entrance, particularly the water-spitting, so its not like he insists that it is this sacred ritual that is an untouchable highlight of Raw. Its just what he does, and it works for him, as Y2J's works for him.

Guest Jobber of the Week

You know, when Road Dogg and X-Pac tag team'd they came out to the DX theme, but when either of them were on their own, they had their own music.

Did this make Road Dogg one of the biggest politicians in WWF? OMG TUNE INTO CONFIDENTIAL TO FIND OUT

Guest The ChriZa
Did this make Road Dogg one of the biggest politicians in WWF? OMG TUNE INTO CONFIDENTIAL TO FIND OUT

Now that you mention it...I really wish it had.

Imagine Road Dogg dating Steph.

Wait no...don't.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

HHH wrote the lyrics to his theme, he picked the band to play it, you can tell he carefully outlined all of the parts to his entrance including the water spitting. He got them to perform at WM. This is control. Control = Power. Do you think everyone else is allowed to do this? I believe his music started in early 2001, did it not? This was after he started dating Steph.

Is it as flashy as Golddusts? No. Does it have the pyro that the Dudleys have? No. But the fact that HHH had control over it and the others didn't and don't is the whole point.

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins

HHH = Evil power that is killing WWE and ruining careers.

We get it.

Guest The ChriZa

Ahhhhh BUT...he didn't SING his theme.

Like Ted DiBiase. Or The Mountie. Or HBK. Or the Honky Tonk Man. Or Eddie Guerrero. Or...

Actually you make a good point. I just like trying to defend HHH, even when his fault-of-the-day is something as silly as his entrance.

Guest Hayabusa Moleman

HHH is the leader and centerpiece of Evolution. If he gets his own music and no one else does, so what? Leaders get special privileges.

Guest whatitistoburn

Alright. We get it. HHH = too much power.

Next song.

Guest The ChriZa

It really just seems like no matter where you go on the net, people are nit-picking the shit out of HHH. Want to complain about his wife, the boss's daughter? Great. The fact that he books himself to never lose? Super. But looking at EVERY SINGLE THING he does and figuring how to turn it around on him is just ridiculous, and borderline obsessive.

Next Week: "HHH's boots are shinier than Jericho's. BASTARD!"