TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vern Gagne

Fans Storming the Court

Guest Vern Gagne

Why do students have to run out on the court, if their team pulls an upset. It happened after Minnesota beat Indiana. I'm sorry but beating Indiana isn't good enough to storm the court. It was a big win and be happy they won,but the Gophers should win their home games.

Guest El Hijo Del Lunatic

Wanna know why they storm the court?

BECAUSE IT'S FUN.

We used to do it during high school playoff games.

Guest Blackston

As an Ohio State fan, I've seen all sorts of rival fans (namely IU) constantly make fun of the Buckeye fans that race the court after big wins (Illinois, Indiana).  I really don't see anything wrong with it at all.  It is not destructive, and there is fairly low chance of injury, unlike tearing down goalposts.  Plus, it is a fun way to celebrate big wins with the team that the fans have come out to support.  Also, in the Big Ten right now, there is no bigger win right now then one over Indiana.  I don't think it is wrong for the U Minn students to celebrate that (plus it puts the Gophers right in the midst of the Big Ten Championship race).

Guest Vern Gagne

Playoffs are entirely different. Lots of times that means your school made the tournament. Unless it's a major upset, some schools do it to often. Minnesota had beaten Indiana 4 strait games at Williams Arena. No doubt it was a big win against a first place team, but it was at home and Indiana is barely a Top 25 team.