TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

Regional Differences In Fast Food Joints

I see this thread really took off.

I was in Florida last week for Spring Break, and McDonald's doesn't sell biscuits & gravy down there. No Chili Cheese Burritos at Taco Bell, either. The latter may have been Georgia, I can't quite remember.

If you ever go to St. Pete, eat at Mulligan's. The Grouper sandwich is excellent.

I was in Florida last week for Spring Break, and McDonald's doesn't sell biscuits & gravy down there. No Chili Cheese Burritos at Taco Bell, either. The latter may have been Georgia, I can't quite remember.

Probably a regional thing since I don't ever recall McDonald's serving biscuits and gravey down here in Texas. Chilli Cheese Burritos dissapeared from the Taco Bell menu awhile back, but I kept ordering them and recieving them until just the last two times I've been there.

Mcdonalds had this thing called the Mcdeal up in Canada where a different sandwhich was cheap every day. It's gone now cause they got this new value menu.

Mcdonalds had this thing called the Mcdeal up in Canada where a different sandwhich was cheap every day. It's gone now cause they got this new value menu.

Fact.

Value menu's not bad by any means, but a Big Mac for less than a twonie on Tuesdays will be missed.

The value menu kinda sucks. The Junior Chicken's nothing special, none of the burgers on there are really as good a deal as the McDeals were most days. And all that time spent memorizing which deal was on what day (which is pretty sad) gone to waste.

EDIT: Although, the Junior Chicken commercial is kinda funny.

The value menu kinda sucks. The Junior Chicken's nothing special, none of the burgers on there are really as good a deal as the McDeals were most days. And all that time spent memorizing which deal was on what day (which is pretty sad) gone to waste.

EDIT: Although, the Junior Chicken commercial is kinda funny.

The thing I noticed about the McDeals death was it happened like, 2 weeks or less after Wendy's started using smear campaign commercials against the daily deal concept (which seemed to go away quickly as well). It also seemed BK picked up the daily deal slack the week - if not the DAY - McD's dropped the McDeals.

It tends to amuse Canadians (at least me and others I know) that Taco Bell in the states version of a combo is to throw an extra taco on the side.

I thought the combos included Nachos and Cinnamon twists...I haven't eaten at a Taco Bell in like..2 years though.

Fair enough, I haven't been to an American one in years either. I just recall the ones I've been at would have things like a Gordita crunch combo, but the combo was the Gordita, a drink, and a taco.

Probably a regional thing since I don't ever recall McDonald's serving biscuits and gravey down here in Texas. Chilli Cheese Burritos dissapeared from the Taco Bell menu awhile back, but I kept ordering them and recieving them until just the last two times I've been there.

You can get biscuits-and-gravy at both Hardees and Whataburger, the two of which are plentiful in Florida.

You can get biscuits-and-gravy at both Hardees and Whataburger, the two of which are plentiful in Florida.

Northern Florida for Whataburger. I've yet to see one in my neck of the woods.

CC Burritos have never left the Taco Bell Menu.

Northern Florida for Whataburger. I've yet to see one in my neck of the woods.

Keep your eyes open! They got 'em in Orlando and Tampa, too. So. Fl. is only a matter of time.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah, but you guys have better mass produced domestic beer.

Our microbrews, though.. watch out. Only place that comes close is England.

EDIT: Oh, and those wacky Trappist monks in Belgium, too.

The KFCs near me seems to change their policy day to day. When I order meals, I usually ask them to sub the fries with a potato salad. Sometimes they refuse to do so and sometimes they do it.

Hardee's is an American fast-food restaurant chain, located primarily in the Eastern half of the United States in Southern, Southeast, and East Coast regions. There are several restaurants located in the Midwest.

Then there's Carl's Jr, which is basically the same restaurant, but located mostly in the western half of the country.

Guest My Pal, the Tortoise

Hardee's used to be much bigger than they are now, I think. All their Illinois and Wisconsin locations have closed.

Hardee's is an American fast-food restaurant chain, located primarily in the Eastern half of the United States in Southern, Southeast, and East Coast regions. There are several restaurants located in the Midwest.

Then there's Carl's Jr, which is basically the same restaurant, but located mostly in the western half of the country.

As someone who's eaten at both, I really don't consider Hardee's and Carl's Jr. the same. The same corporate umbrella, same trademarks, logos, and some menu items, but a totally different feel.

Hardee's used to be much bigger than they are now, I think. All their Illinois and Wisconsin locations have closed.

There's still some down here, but not as many as there once was. I shed not a tear, however; back when I ate fast food, I could only ever stomach their breakfast. Their biscuit-and-gravy platter was something else, lemme tell you.

As someone who's eaten at both, I really don't consider Hardee's and Carl's Jr. the same. The same corporate umbrella, same trademarks, logos, and some menu items, but a totally different feel.

Is one better than the other? As alluded to in the post before this one, I thought their burgers were disgusting.

Carl's is better by far, but I'm with you on Hardee's breakfast. Carl's breakfast is pretty good too, but the biscuits and gravy at Hardee's are insane.

Is one better than the other? As alluded to in the post before this one, I thought their burgers were disgusting.

Carl's Jr seems to be more Burger based, with Hardee's being more Chicken Sammich based although there is quite a bit of crossover (6 Dollar Burger I'm looking at you) from what I can tell anyways.

OK, I have to ask - did the Timmy's shops in Michigan JUST start doing the "new pot every 20 minutes" thing or is this something they've finally decided to start promoting this year? I keep seeing their commercials (StarChoice lets me get Detroit stations instead of the dreaded Buffalo ones) and I'm thinking, isn't this something they promoted in Canada 20 years ago?

And yes, I'm old.