TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
treble

H2ORLY?

They're going to start labeling Aquafina with a disclaimer that it's water from a public source.

I saw a news report on TV the other day that was talking about how bottled water is basically the exact same thing as tap water.

But they were saying it in such a way that it was like, they *just* found out. And they felt they HAD to put this on the fucking evening news, because your average person is apparantly too dumb to have figured that out years ago.

Penn and Teller had an entire episode about it... it's from Corpus... Christi... Texas!

Although drinking water from Christ Corpse sounds pretty appealing.

Guest Vitamin X
They're going to start labeling Aquafina with a disclaimer that it's water from a public source.

I saw a news report on TV the other day that was talking about how bottled water is basically the exact same thing as tap water.

But they were saying it in such a way that it was like, they *just* found out. And they felt they HAD to put this on the fucking evening news, because your average person is apparantly too dumb to have figured that out years ago.

Not to mention your average run of the mill bottled water is far less regulated than tap water, as well. Just get a Brita/Pur filter and a water bottle of your own, people. It's way cheaper and probably better for you.

I find it weird to somehow be appalled by the local water source, yet find old still water from halfway across the country (well, closer than that if you're in Texas, obv.) to be somehow more drinkable because it's been chilled in a cooler and has a fancy label.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Here's a thread to discuss bottled water, flavored water, water filters, tap water, and all other forms of the most essential substance on earth.

I'd still like to figure out where Dasani water comes from. That shit ain't water.

Remember Jordan Crumb? He swore up and down in Grade Ten history one time that it was runoff from Coke syrup, or something to that effect. He also argued about Quebec in that same class, and brought up Pierre and Jacques, the Quebecers, to prove his point.

Bottled water ain't good?

But I've been drinking this shit forever to avoid the fluoride public shits water.

My whole world has been going to shit the last 24 hours... now water ain't even good.

Guest Vitamin X

The best thing to do is a charcoal filter like Brita or PUR. In Cali, it probably is a better idea because y'all use hard water down there which is why the Culligan man needs to come every now and then and put water softener tablets in them. Not good for you.

But of course the thing with bottled water is that it's actually tap water marked up like crazy to profit on a paranoid public.