TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest CED Ordonez

Wrestlemania 19's Shirt

Guest Sakura

God I am so sick of this Hogan vs. McMahon "20 years in the making" and "dream match" hype. Seriously, besides Hogan and Vince, who gives a shit about this? I have NEVER seen a mark wonder about a potential match between the two and I've NEVER seen a smart desire to see them fight.

Guest Brian

Jeez. Man, I wanted to get that shirt too. Now they go and fuck it up. I hope they have something plain or market stuff for other matches.

You know I've never really thought that Vince would be insane enough to have his match with Hogan be the main event and that it would be Angle/Lesnar (before Angle's injury) or Austin/Rock even though that's been done twice but maybe I was wrong.

But Vince is a still genius right? Right?

Guest iamsherm

I personally like the shirt.

It looks like I'm the only one that feels this way, but I'm actually looking forward to Hogan-McMahon. Sure, it won't be the most technically sound match you will ever see, but it's still regarded by me as one of those "dream" matches. It's showcasing the age old debate of who made wrestling what it is today.

All I'm saying is, with the proper booking, it could turn out to be a fun little match. Give it a chance. How many people thought Vince-Shane at X-7 was going to be anything special going into it? If Hogan-Vince doesn't match up, I'll be the first one to say so, but until then...

And why do they only make one shirt anyways? Why not have Hogan-Vince on one, Brock-Angle on another, HHH-Booker T on another, and so on? At least it gives the fans a choice.

Guest iamsherm
You know I've never really thought that Vince would be insane enough to have his match with Hogan be the main event

I highly doubt this match will end the show.

Guest Brian

What does the debate have to do with Hogan fifteen years past his day and Vince, a non-wrestler, getting priveledge over the others?

Anyways, they're selling a normal shirt which is the one I'm getting at Axxess.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

I think On RAW they were wearing black shirts with the logo on the front only..makes sense I suppose..

Guest Rob Edwards

if he is pushing it as the marketable match then he's finally cracked, hopefully he'll see sense and go with Austin/Rock 3 though

Guest Polish_Rifle

I can'r remember one PPV shirt that was worth getting. Besides, unless you were at the event, what's the use of buying a shirt with the name of a PPV on it?

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

I think it would have been cooler if the subtitle of the PPV was Battle in Seattle (like X-7's Houston we have a Problem)..it kinda sounds old school and all..

Guest RavishingRickRudo

The *only* dream match involving Hogan is vs. Austin - and they missed the boat on that one.

Guest iamsherm
What does the debate have to do with Hogan fifteen years past his day and Vince, a non-wrestler, getting priveledge over the others?

It doesn't seem right, I'll give you that. However, Hogan is a proven commodity and McMahon, even as a non-wrestler, seemingly can get anybody he feuds/sides with over and draw big bucks. It seems only logical, to me, that they'd try and cash in on this.

A lot of people were all for giving Hogan "one last run" in the WWE. That one last run is here, and hopefully after this match he'll ride off into the sunset. Hopefully.

Vince, like it or not, is a different story.

Guest Zero_Cool

Hell, if they gave it better build up, I would give a t-shirt to Jericho/Michaels, because that is a dream match. At least we know that the match will be watchable.

Hogan/McMahon..bah. No one cares. Until 1997, I always thought Vince was just was an announcer...where's this twenty years garbage coming from? I mean, they had no ON AIR animosity for most of those twenty years, yet they're selling it on that?

Guest DerangedHermit
I personally like the shirt.

It looks like I'm the only one that feels this way, but I'm actually looking forward to Hogan-McMahon. Sure, it won't be the most technically sound match you will ever see, but it's still regarded by me as one of those "dream" matches. It's showcasing the age old debate of who made wrestling what it is today.

All I'm saying is, with the proper booking, it could turn out to be a fun little match. Give it a chance. How many people thought Vince-Shane at X-7 was going to be anything special going into it? If Hogan-Vince doesn't match up, I'll be the first one to say so, but until then...

And why do they only make one shirt anyways? Why not have Hogan-Vince on one, Brock-Angle on another, HHH-Booker T on another, and so on? At least it gives the fans a choice.

Is that you, Mr. McMahon?

:huh:

Guest creativename
but it's still regarded by me as one of those "dream" matches

I do not think anyone on this planet other than Vince was dreaming of this match. This is a "WTF" match, not a dream match.

Guest Sakura
Hogan/McMahon..bah.  No one cares.  Until 1997, I always thought Vince was just was an announcer...where's this twenty years garbage coming from?  I mean, they had no ON AIR animosity for most of those twenty years, yet they're selling it on that?

EXACTLY!

The only people that are going to follow this "20 years in the making" stuff are smarts. What mark cares what Hogan did in the steroid trial?

Kayfabe wise, there is some decent build. It goes back to the feud with Angle last year and what not. But it's certainly not a "dream match" or a WM main match. Only in Vince and Hogan's delusional minds is this a "dream match" that everyone has been wondering about for years.

Guest Mulatto Heat
I'm actually looking forward to Hogan-McMahon. Sure, it won't be the most technically sound match you will ever see

If anyone expected technical expertise from Hogan or McMahon they ought to be committed. Why do people keep saying this? Technical expertise isn't the issue at all here.

it's still regarded by me as one of those "dream" matches.

I can safely say that you're the first person... EVER... that I've encountered that considers this as such. Until a few months ago I doubt anyone would have thought of McMahon facing Hogan, let alone considering it a dream match.

If Hogan-Vince doesn't match up, I'll be the first one to say so

I hope so. It's funny going back on old threads and people so sure of something turning out to be completely wrong. For instance, the other day on a whim I decided to look up the Unforgiven thread, and people were reassuring the RVD fans that he'd definitely win the title at Survivor Series. HA!

Guest iamsherm
I'm actually looking forward to Hogan-McMahon. Sure, it won't be the most technically sound match you will ever see

If anyone expected technical expertise from Hogan or McMahon they ought to be committed. Why do people keep saying this? Technical expertise isn't the issue at all here.

What is the issue then? Age? There wasn't nearly as much backlash against Ric Flair when he was still wrestling at Hogan's age. Why does Hogan get so much flack then?

Guest Mulatto Heat

Flair wasn't exactly pushed to the title right away, in spite of other programs going on.

Anyways, my point is that it's not the dream match it is being promoted as. Never has been, really.

Guest Jobber of the Week

FUCK. And I wanted a shirt too. :(

I guess I'm going to have to wait until Axcess or the show and see if they have any shirts with just the plain logo on them.

Guest Brian

They do. Their selling a package on shopzone with the plain looking shirts.

Anyways, Flair has always been a smart worker and he continued to be one long past his physical deterioration. Hogan could be a smart worker but chooses not to and continues to wrestle with limited mobility. Flair had good matches (with the WWE), Hogan didn't.