TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wwF1587

Mondays Kane Segmet

Guest wwF1587

OK, i just watched the JR fire segment again for like the third time and to tell you the truth despite all the particular funny jokes around here.. the segment was well not that funny... maybe the first time because of the stupidity of the whole thing but if we can all be serious for a moment, it was a pretty wrong segment....yeah its all made up and poorly done (to an extent) but its still pretty disturbing in a way that we have to sink THAT low for ratings and to get a guy over... yes it does add character i guess to get kane over as a monster but why should anyone believe kane wont go back to funny non serious kane in a few weeks.... Yes it works for the storyline i guess but fuck man....

Guest Just call me Dan

Kane and the WWE would have been well served to have him drop the match, JR act humanly and roll it off with minimal damage and just make Kane seem like a monster without the horrible attempt to oversell the character. the segment and the burning could have toned down just a bit and done the trick because, if you ask me, the interview was very well done up until that point.

Sorry...pet peeve really.

That was the longest run on sentence ever with poor punctuation and two spelling errors in the title.

Carry on.

Dames

Guest Just call me Dan

Damnit Dames! I thought you were actually going to partake in conversation about the WWE. Silly me, I guess.

Guest Downhome

That shit tonight as the main event was one of the worst promos/interviews I've ever seen.

Guest HartFan86

I'll give them credit about the whole insecure/face burning thing and how Kane never was really burned. I'm glad they mentioned it.

They still have mentioned the fact about the hair, though.

Oh, and the whole thing with JR? It's not even worth typing about....that was easily the fakest thing I've ever seen in my life.

Guest Youth N Asia

I love how Kane from 97-03 is this freak with a burnt face and scars. Then he loses his mask and reveals some black gunk and an obviously shaved head. Now today he's still rocking the shaved head, but with no eyebrows and no black gunk.

Quite a recovery in such a short time. That should be the real story

Guest jester

I can't wait for the inevitable face turn and JR's return, where he praises Kane even though this is the guy who lit him on fire.

Guest Just call me Dan

If you looked closely, you could see that the part of Kane's head without hair when he first pulled off the mask was cleanly shaving, and a clear line where the back was being allowed to grow back and NOT the front. I don't even think they know what the deal is going to be here.

I reallyliked the first 2/3 of the interview, and think it should have just been a 1st hour main.

Guest Youth N Asia
I can't wait for the inevitable face turn and JR's return, where he praises Kane even though this is the guy who lit him on fire.

Yeah. His memory isn't that good from one week to the next.

*Benoit beats up Angle, steals his medals, and shoves them down his pants*

JR: "BAH GAWD! That's the greatest thing I've ever seen!"

*Austin steals Kurts medals*

JR: "GAWDDAMN HIM! I HOPE HE DIES OF CANCER OF THE BALLS! I'D KILL EM MYSELF IF I HAD MY GUN!"

real short attention span when it comes to these kinds of things.

Guest Mulatto Heat

Don't forget JR's mouthfucking of youknowwho (who broke his arm back in 1999).

Guest RavishingRickRudo

I think we all know the natural progression of this angle....

That's right, multiple personalities.

The only person who will be able to stop Kane is Kane himself. It will be a battle from within, "Good Kane" vs. "Evil Kane", and in a Gollum-esque sequence the fight shall unfold...

Guest Choken One

^ The Marks will eat it up with a spoon...

If it leads to Brian Lee as THE FAKE KANE...It's all good like chicken.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

I kinda figured Nash would be the fake Kane...

*breaks down laughing at the thought of Nash having to cut his hair*

Guest Youth N Asia

And you'd think Taker would take a day off Smackdown to try and help out his "brother" and whatnot

Guest Choken One

Yeah...I mean you can ignore the fact his face was so hideous when HHH, Pac, Stooges all saw it...because we only remember it..

But you can't just ignore the fact His Brother had to be in on it at some point...

Guest Dangerous A
I just don't see where the money is here.

Bingo, RRR.

Instead of booking to make more money at the box office, WWE has decided to book to either...

A) stroke egos

B) turn off the fanbase by booking stupid shit like tonight's main event/segment

C) swerve us so much we stop caring about any of the characters.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Why can you ignore it? It happened. They devoted an entire show to it. This is the equivalent to "it was just a dream" - a total cop-out.

Guest Choken One

Because It went anywhere and it's pretty much forgotten by 93% of the Auidence....

Kane/Taker was the main angle for WWE for like 4 years...

Guest Mindless_Aggression

I was hoping JR would call his own burning.

"AWWWW! YOU SUNUVABITCH! YOU PET COON CRAZY BASTARD! WHATS WRONG WITH YA? YOUR BURNIN ME! FROM THE BOWELS OF HELL, YOU STAB AT MAH SAUCE, YOU STUPID SON OF A BITCH WHY DID YOU JUST POUR IT ON MY ASS?! WHY?! WHY DAMN YOU WHYYYY?!"

Now that I think of it, thats a good question, why DID Kane just pour it on his ass and call it good?

Guest Choken One

Why couldn't Jim Ross just wear a flame retardent suit under the Jeans and Shirt and sell it legit?

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Oh I don't deny that Taker should't be involved in this, it's just there have been *several* times where Kanes face has been 'compromised' just so they could 'forget about it'. How many angles have centred around Kane being unmasked over the past few years? All that meant NOTHING since he wasn't "really" burned.

They are putting SO MUCH time into this Kane thing and I am seeing no pay off. We will get the Goldberg vs. Kane match, and that won't be on house shows and the PPV match will last about, oh, 8 minutes and it won't be a main event angle.

Guest Askewniverse
Because It went anywhere and it's pretty much forgotten by 93% of the Auidence....

Kane/Taker was the main angle for WWE for like 4 years...

Well, if you're going to talk about the Kane-Taker angle, you can't forget Paul Bearer. You would figure that the WWE would at least mention him in some way. After all, Paul was the one who brought Kane into the WWF.

Now here's a question that I'd like to see get answered: If Kane was so horribly burnt and spent his time locked in the basement, how the hell did he train to become a professional wrestler?

Guest Choken One

I think the ultimate blowoff would be for Kane to admit he was never Undertaker's Brother and that the real Kane died in the fire and after the Katie Vick incident he assumed the identiy of Kane and made up the Scarred Face/Mask ordeal so he wouldn't be reconizged...

and He contacted Paul Bearer and they hatched the scheme to screw Undertaker and "Glenn" became KANE.

Then you can reveal in some off the cuff matter that it was Bearer who tipped HHH about Katie Vick...

THAT WOULD WRAP UP 5 YEARS OF THIS ANGLE and Kill the the Necro angle...

Guest RavishingRickRudo

And have "Glenn" leave and THEN have the REAL Kane show up?!? (who is really Glenn anyways) and do the angle ALL OVER AGAIN!

Guest Choken One

No...The Police arrest "Glenn Jacobs" and send him to a Mental Institution and we never hear or speak of him again...

WWE gives Glen Jacobs an nice Ballon payment for his services and is never to perform in Wrestling again...

Guest RavishingRickRudo

That doesn't screw with the audience _at all_. So it won't fly over at Titan.

I say have Kane be just a figment of the imagination of a little boy...