TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Masked Heel

Anderson Silva vs. Forrest Griffen

Anderson Silva will meet Forrest Griffin in a light heavyweight co-main event at UFC 101 on Aug. 8 at the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia. Dana White confirmed the bout with Yahoo Sports eariler today.

wow super fight at ufc 101, its going to be a tough fight for both guys. Hell of a comeback fight for Forrest. What does everyone think about this?

Will Anderson come back to the knock out machine that we all knew and loved?

Will Forrest come back strong?

Will it be 15 mins of leg kicks and dancing?

Perfect fight for Silva, he's gotta move up in weight but he get's to do it against the biggest, name punching bag in the UFC. Griffin is gonna be looking to KO Silva to make himself a star and Silva is gonna be looking to take advantage of that by picking him apart like he did with Franklin. If Silva has no issue with weight, which I doubt considering he somehow hid twenty pounds in his hands against Irvin, he's gotta be the favorite.

Silva has no excuse at this point, he needs to run a clinic on Forrest and remind everyone he's still the guy we know he is. No behind the back leg kicks this time, I want a tape you can use as 'the' example of how to beat the shit out of someone when it's all said and done.

If Griffin does somehow KO Silva, I'd have to imagine he'd have a life time ticket in the world of MMA. The legend of being the one who stopped Silva is one that people are gonna be making a career off of, and Griffin is far from a nobody. He'd be getting good fights for years with promoters banking on the chance of him pulling off another upset.

I don't know dude I think this one should be a war. Forrest is a tough dude, sure he has gotten finished twice by Gregg Jackson fighters but he can take a shot. He also can gameplan pretty well coming out of Xtreme Couture. Now I'm not saying Forrest will win because I think Anderson is one of the best, if not the best, in the world but there is no way Forrest is going to Leben it and look foolish or like a big name punching bag

Not saying he's as bad as Leben, but when Silva's on his game it doesn't matter. Griffin's gonna be looking for a big bomb to get the win in dramatic, memorable fashion, and if Silva can dodge everything he uses to set that up, he's gonna be Silva's to slowly pick apart. Griffin's a little slower striker than Franklin and not that much better. I don't see any reason this fight doesn't favor Silva.

Forrest is huge too 6'4 and I hear walks around at 230 not sure about the reach but I can't see him just throwing bombs looking for a huge knockout. He didn't against Rampage, he did do a lot of damage with leg kicks tho which is why I asked the question before about it being a leg kick show for 15 mins.

If Forrest gets caugh in the Thai clinch tho he is done just like Franklin