TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shanghai Kid

Favorite Rock Moment

My favorite Rock moment is him throwing Austin off a bridge.

He's standing there and suddenly he says "Hold on a second, the Rock smells trailor trash", and suddenly you see Austin's truck come out of nowhere. They fight for a second before Rock hits him with a fishing pole and than gives him one final punch off the bridge. This was of course followed by his hilarious eulogy the next week.

I don't know, something about those early Austin/Rock feuds just seemed liked it was the apex of wrestling.

The other thing that stands out is when Kane was forced to join the Cooperation and the Rock was just abusing him every week with insults. I remember him standing in the ring dissing other cooperate members and he looks at Kane and says "and look over here, we have a 7-foot idiot, you put his brain in a Perikey and ZING, flies backwards'.

Man I can't wait for a true Rock DVD.

the one Rock promo that always sticks out in my mind is at WM 18 prior to facing Hogan when he tells Coach to get on his knees and pray, Coach does so and says "What up G"...the Rock goes bugeyed and shouts "WHAT IN THE BLUE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!?!?! WHAT UP G?!?!?!?!"

EDIT: oh yeah and the one where he mocks UT, Kane and Show: "DIE DIE DIE"

Anything Rock from about February 98 up to the end of the Nation in about September 98.

His interview from Royal Rumble 2000. Something like this...

Coach: Are there any particular superstars that you're worried about?

Rock: Yes, there ARE two that might give The Rock problems, and they are... Crash Holly and... Headbanger Mosh. And The Rock says if he can get by those two, he MIGHT have a shot at winning the Rumble.

Just the fact that he added 'Headbanger' in instead of just saying Mosh makes it hilarious.

My favourite moment was from the Raw on the night after Breakdown: In Your House back in '98. Rock is backstage drinking some water and Michael Cole is introducing him before an interview when Rock pushes him out of the way and launches into a promo. Great stuff.

His interview with Jennifer Flowers at Wrestlemania XIV and his segment with Booker T and Goldust at King of the Ring 2002 are good too.

The "nothing" promo with the hurricane was funny shit. I don't remember exactly how it went.

The Rock: You're nothing! What are you gonna do to The Rock? Come out and open up a big can of Nothing! Hold on, the Rock's cell phone is ringin.

Bladow! *opens cell phone*

The Rock: Ya, Hello. Oh ya he's right here...hey it's Nothing, he says he knows you.

Stronger then a bear!

Faster then a buck!

The biggest thing to hit Canada...

cause the Maple Leafs SUCK!

Oh man, I thought he was going to get shot after that one.

this thread makes me miss rocky, but then again i don't miss the constant catchphrase machine that he was. It got to the point he was wearing a t-shirt with the phrase on it before he even said it.

Guest Fishyswa

#1 Contenders Battle Royal on Raw. He leaves early under the bottom rope, goes and does commentary until it's down to the last 2.

That was the epitome of asshole Rock.

Oh man, there's simply too many so I'll list a few of my favorites.

The "interview" with Kurt Angle before No Mercy 2000.

Rock's interview on RAW before Armageddon 2000

Rock's Face-To-Face with Hogan the SD before NWO.

Rock's entrance at NWO 2003

Rock's interview at Backlash 2003

My personal favorite was at a house show in 1998 or early 1999, don't remember exactly when, but it was in Milwaukee...before a match involving himself, Austin, Kane, and Foley (either a tag or fatal four way, not sure of which), he was doing his promo and the crowd was repeating everything he said, and Rock says "Hey! This isn't sing along with the Rock time!" and the crowd just died laughing. I'm pretty sure he used the same line on TV the following week.

As an aside...does anyone else think it was really stupid for WWE to push Rock into movies? Now the guy is gone from WWE...he could still be around as a draw, feuding with guys like Batista and Cena, and WWE could still be hot.

#1 Contenders Battle Royal on Raw. He leaves early under the bottom rope, goes and does commentary until it's down to the last 2.

JR: Hey Rock, do you think it's a good strategy to leave the ring for this match?

Rock: Do you think it's a good strategy to wear that cowboy hat?

As an aside...does anyone else think it was really stupid for WWE to push Rock into movies? Now the guy is gone from WWE...he could still be around as a draw, feuding with guys like Batista and Cena, and WWE could still be hot.

Nah, he was already a 9 time world champion, I don't see what else they could have done with him especially with all these crap angles going around. I say just keep him coming back for only Mania so we can see the dream matches of Rock Vs. Michaels or Rock Vs. Orton take place.

JR: Hey Rock, do you think it's a good strategy to leave the ring for this match?

Rock: Do you think it's a good strategy to wear that cowboy hat?

I remember I died laughing at this segment. Nice to see good ol' Rock put JR in his place when JR tried to be a smart ass.

The Rock promo from WM 18 w/Coach is one of my favorites and the Royal Rumble 2000 promo was great too.

What did he say to the Ninth Crap of the World?

I have the "Know Your Role" vhs video that came out in 1999 (it's great you should check it out if possible, only thing is matches are clipped) and that segment is on there so I remember it more. He had the NOD hold her down and told her to get down on her knees (and JR cried "Shes not an intern!"), then told it it looked like a natural position, then proceeded to say that Chyna was so angry cuz she just needed to "get some" and (parapahrasing) "play your cards right and The Rock may be just the one to give it to you" then goes to kiss heer and stops "theres no way that The Rock would EVER kiss a piece of trash like you"

Or when he was giving a promo and said "The Rock has a very big hand, and you know what that means....it means he'll lay the smackdown on ya whenever he damn well pleases"

I loved when in early 98 Rock called out the Nation and gave them all gold rolexes, but when he came to Farrooq (who had been kinda mad at him) he tried to suck up to him calling him the true leader of the NOD then giving him a present, which was a wrapped up picture, which JR decreed must be some sort of "raer art" and when he opened it it was a Huge poster of the Rock with the IC belt and he said "Yea its for you"

Any of his promos where he mocked HHH were great (like when he made fun of his promos "I am-ahhh the game-ahhh and for the next 20 minutes-ahhh, I'll be talking-ahhh and saying absolutely nothing-ahhhh!!!"

The Hurricane segments were great (Hamburgler, anyone?,) and the one where Rock pulled back a curtains to reveal Helms hiding in there, his face was priceless , as were his "Rock Concerts" before his matches with Austin and Goldberg.

At WM 20 when he just started going off trying to fire up Mick Foley and said "and hey its The Hamburgler and Grimace (Hurricane And Rosey, who when the camera panned to them Rosey was eating a hamburger and tried to hide it)

There's too many to list, but I loved him tearing into the nWo at No Way Out 03. Man, I would've loved to have seen some dueling promos with Rock and HBK.

Everything heel Rock did was absolute gold. Commentating DURING his own matches, taking breaks to drink water, The Rock Concert. All of it.

The First Rock Concert was by far my favorite Rock moment.

"Don't get mad at The Rock, just because The Rock's good friend Shaquille O'Neal called y'all the Sacramento Queens now!"

"The Rock is going to ask one time for each and every one of you to show some respect and KEEP IT DOWN BABAY, KEEP IT DOWN!!! *starts strumming the guitar* Hey hey hey hey hey KEEP IT DOWN!!!"

I need to get at least an audio file of that.

My favorite part of Rocky and Hurricane...

HE SOLD IT WHEN HELMS "FLEW" AWAY!

I LOVE when people do that. Ric Flair did it too.

Anyway, my favorite Rock moment was this promo on Sunday Night Heat that he cut on Billy Gunn sometime around KOTR '99 when they were feuding for whatever reason. I can't remember how it went (I would LOVE to find a transcript of it) but it had something to do with Gunn praying to god for... erm, some reason. Yeah. Like I said, I can't remember much about it, but I remember it being really, really excellent.

My favorite part of Rocky and Hurricane...

HE SOLD IT WHEN HELMS "FLEW" AWAY!

Anyway, my favorite Rock moment was this promo on Sunday Night Heat that he cut on Billy Gunn sometime around KOTR '99 when they were feuding for whatever reason. I can't remember how it went (I would LOVE to find a transcript of it) but it had something to do with Gunn praying to god for... erm, some reason. Yeah. Like I said, I can't remember much about it, but I remember it being really, really excellent.

This was great, someone must have a transcript of it right?

I just remmebered one he did on RAW before Armegeddon 2000 mocking all 5 of his HIAC opponents (Angle, the WWf champ, Austin, HHH, Rikish and Undertaker)

when he got to Kishi he said "I did it for The Rock, I did it for the peop...oooo shut your mouth you thong wearing fatty"

Guest Chea!

*going from memory*

Rock as Billy: Oh dear God, my name is Billy and even though I won King Of The Ring, everyone still thinks I absolutely suck.

Rock: At that point the clouds opened up and God himself spoke to you and said this.

Rock as God: Bob?

Rock as Billy: My name's Billy.

Rock as God: IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS! Everyone is right, you do absolutely suck.

Here you go for the Billy Gunn promo :

Now, on to Bad Ass Bily Gunn.  The Rock understands what took place the night you won King of the Ring, you got down on your knees, put your little hands togheter, you said a prayer and it sounded like this :

*whiny voice* "Oh dear God...You see, my name's Billy and I just won King of The Ring, but there one problem : everybody still thinks that I ABSOLUTELY SUCK !".  And then at that point Billy,  the ground started to shake, the Heavens opened up and God Himself spoke to you and said this : "Bob..."  "But my name's Billy- "  "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS !  You are absolutely right, you do suck, but there is one thing and one thing only that you can do : you must go find the man who is simply electrifying. You must go find...The Rock."    "Oh, but God, anybody but the Ro-"  "KNOW YOUR ROLE AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH!".

And then Billy, as fear went through your body, tears rolled down your cheeks and piss rolled down your leg, your house started to shake again, the clouds parted, the Heavens opened and what seemed like millions and millions of voices all said to you in unisson "Jabroni, if you smell-la-la-la what the Rock is cooking !"

Other Rock promos that were great and weren't mentionned :

- The one where he talks in his sleep saying things like "Roody poo candy ass"

- The one where he and Jericho stole each other's stuff

- When he mocked Kane when he found out he could spoke with his voice device ( "My-name-is-Kane...and-I-am-a-roo-dy-poo-can-dy-ass !" )

- When he mocked the radicalz ("Saturn, the Rock is gonna slap you so hard that he's going to set your crooked eye straight" )

- Those about Big Show when the fans go take a leak when they hear his music or his chokeslam signal ("UNNNNNGH !") is the single most impressive thing he had ever seen.

- The one where he mocks Kurt Angle that after being faced with the likes of Taker, Kane and benoit, he has to face a guy that says "Milk has calcium and is good for your bones"

-I think it was in the "This is your life" skit, but the one time where Foley asks how does it feel about being the champion and he cut him with the "it doesn't matter" line. Rock broke character on this one.

Hell, you could do a DVD alone on Rock's promos.