TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
UZI Suicide

HBK is a little unhappy

Written by Patrick Kelly

Thursday, 08 September 2005

Source: PWTorch Newsletter

Shawn Michaels has been becoming a regular at WWE production meetings as of late. HBK recently spoke his mind on the creative team's apparent failure, in his opinion, to have anything better for him than Chris Masters after his loss to Hogan at SummerSlam. However, despite his opinion on the matter, Michaels has handled the situation professionaly in a manner comparable to that of his handling of the Hogan SummerSlam fued.

Other wrestlers such as Triple H and The Undertaker also attend regularly at WWE production meetings.

Guest *KNK*

You have to agree with Shawn here that WWE dropped the ball on Shawn's momentum of last month by sticking him with Masters.

Guest Zarock

^ Good point. I'd be much happier with a face Benjamin/heel HBK feud for a billion reasons more than a Masters/HBK feud.

I don't think he should really sweat this too much. He'll at least get a win over Masters at the PPV and then maybe when RVD gets back they can start some sort of program, either tagging for a while (before the dissention and hopeful WM match) or maybe just into a feud.

For the time being we can put the Shelton rumors aside...the guy hasn't won a match in forever.

Guest Desperate Housewife

WHAT RVD/HBK match at WM? If that goes ahead - I'm boycotting the show. End of story.

Guest JMA

Shawn would've had better options if he didn't turn face again--he could've feuded with Cena if he was still a heel. Having him shake Hogan's hand and then run him down the next night made him look like a flip-flopping crybaby. He should've low-blowed Hogan after the match and started a high-profile feud the next night. Frankly, his face character depresses me, even though he continues to have good matches.

Shawn feels turning heel would make baby Jesus cry. Or conflict with his ‘religious beliefs’. It was one of those.

Yet someone like AJ Styles didn't complain about being a heel twice in TNA, even though he was never well-suited for the role. Weird.

Guest JMA
Or that not being cheered would conflict with his ego.

Bingo. This has nothing to do with his religion. Eddie is very religious and he has no problem playing a twisted heel.

I have a feeling Masters will be winning at the ppv, I guess Im the only one? For some reason WWE is high on Masters and a ppv win over Michaels can make his career. Of course theres the little problem of Masters having little heat when not facing a big star like Shawn.

I wonder if Shawn would refuse to play Satan in his church Christmas play.

I got to play the heel at a church Christmas play. Thrill of a lifetime to be 10 years old, in church wearing an old t-shirt, ripped up jeans, and a baseball cap. I got to interrupt church as the ignorant "Spike". Of course, I turned face by the end after having the Christmas Story played out in front of me. But I digress.

I also think Masters will pull out an ULTRA cheap victory. Similiar to the lame Master Lock Challenge. However, I think HBK will go over Masters the night after and once again the next week so all will be right w/ the world.

I also think Masters will pull out an ULTRA cheap victory.  Similiar to the lame Master Lock Challenge.  However, I think HBK will go over Masters the night after and once again the next week so all will be right w/ the world.

I think the finish to the match will be very interesting. WWE are clearly very high on Masters, despite the guy being about as over as Kanye West at a Republican convention. They've given him a Superpush for almost nine months, and it's shown little if any effect and they can't deny it any longer. The finish to the Shawn v Masters will show whether they are still determined to push Masters down our throats, or if they realize he isn't cutting it and are going to scale back on the push. If they are still determined to shove Masters down our throats, then expect a fairly clean, if not totally clean, win for Masters.

cheap shot/foreign object shot leading to a knocked out HBK being out into the Masterlock...there's the lame finish they'll go with...

HBK/Eddy would certainly be interesting...

HBK/RVD would be the pits...when are people going to get off RVD's nuts?

HBK/Eddy is the obvious way to go.

In all seriousness, I'd like to see that match, too.

Although unless WWE suddenly decides to draft HBK to Smackdown before next year's "Draft Lottery" (if Smackdown's even AROUND by then), an HBK/Eddie feud probably won't happen for a while.

Guest *KNK*
cheap shot/foreign object shot leading to a knocked out HBK being out into the Masterlock...there's the lame finish they'll go with...

RIGHT NOW.

No sense is turning this into another RVD thread. We've hammered this issue across more then enough and no new ground can be made.

RIGHT NOW.

No sense is turning this into another RVD thread. We've hammered this issue across more then enough and no new ground can be made.

truer words have never been typed, my friend...

Well, I'm just thinking RVD/Shawn for WM is a natural for WM....having read that RVD interview on WWE.com Van Dam said he wanted to face Michaels at some point. Either way, HBK/RVD or HBK/Eddie is fine by me as long as Shawn is looking at the lights, haha.

I am dumbfounded that anyone thinks Chris Masters is going to win at this PPV. I repeat: Michaels jobbed to Hogan and wasn't happy about it particularly. There is zero chance of him jobbing to a heatless rookie.

I am dumbfounded that anyone thinks Chris Masters is going to win at this PPV.  I repeat:  Michaels jobbed to Hogan and wasn't happy about it particularly.  There is zero chance of him jobbing to a heatless rookie.

If Vince is determined to push Masters to the moon, he'll win. Plus, Masters is absolutely no threat to Michaels spot, and if there is one type of wrestler than Shawn, Hunter, etc, don't mind jobbing for it's people who aren't a threat. It gets them out of the jobs to people who are.

I repeat: Chris Masters has ZERO chance here. Nothing. Nada. If you guys think Shawn is going to job to Hogan and then go out and job to a heatless rookie, you haven't watched this man for the past decade.

This PPV is a lame duck crap show anyway. Masters is getting a whatever push just to kill time until the real stars return for the USA launch. That's all this is. I've detested Shawn since roughly Oct. 1992 and not even I could justify him losing to Chris Masters.