TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dips

Monday's ratings are in and....

"Both sides are very happy. Raw did a 4.4 and UFC did a 1.6. Ultimate Fighter did a 1.3."

That's from Meltzer. He didn't say what TNA on Monday got for some reason. That's a decent rating I guess. Maybe I was expecting a tad more for the stacked card as they had advertised the move well enough.

3.5-3.9 range.

And it should fall back down to that next week, as the RAW vs. SD angle looks to be going the way of the Invasion already with SD playing the role of The Alliance.

Guest Brian

I wonder what Vince was expecting, and whatt he internal estimates were for.

I'm very happy about the UFC rating.

3.5-3.9 range.

And it should fall back down to that next week, as the RAW vs. SD angle looks to be going the way of the Invasion already with SD playing the role of The Alliance.

Which is why Vince and Co. should never do interpromotional angles. Because they can't. In fact, last night was one of the worse SD burials in quite sometime. There is a difference between heating up and burying and last night, SD was buried.

Guest Brian

I'm surprised they haven't thought of doing Vince and Austin as natural-rival GMs. Or maybe they have and I've just mentally blocked it out.

I read somewhere that WWE expected a 5.0 rating, so it's a little below expectations but I think it's a pretty good number.

TNA Impact got a 0.8 on Saturday night. They expected a 1.0 but I believe they were quite pleased nonetheless. I expect a somewhat similar number for monday's showing, being a replay and all.

Any info on the ratings for the RAW Exposed special? Either for saturday or monday?

Guest *KNK*
I'm surprised they haven't thought of doing Vince and Austin as natural-rival GMs. Or maybe they have and I've just mentally blocked it out.

There was that period of time where Austin was CEO and Vince...had some title of power (I want to say he was COB) that lasted a month. That's the closest they ever had dual "power"...

The ratings are about what I expected but it's pointless to treat it like it's relevant. Next week is the true barometer and I'm confident that ratings will slip to the 3.7-4.0 range.

However a 4.4 isn't nearly justifiable cause for bringing out the big guns of Austin, Hogan, Foley, McMahons and Triple H's return along with two big gimmick matches.

They made no money off those ratings, so essentially they continue to the WCW decline of thinking ratings are more important.

I read somewhere that WWE expected a 5.0 rating, so it's a little below expectations but I think it's a pretty good number.

I dunno. I saw a LOT of advertisements for this show all over the place (on NBC, on USA, on web sites) and they essentially gave this show the air of a PPV....and the rating they get is barely a point above their average? I wouldn't be THAT excited about that number.

Guest I miss Test.

I'm surprised WWE is happy with a 4.4. I figured they'd be hoping for 5.0ish, and I figured they'd be just above 4.0. It should gradually drop back to the 3.0-3.5 range in the next month, or so.

1.6 is pretty good for UFC.

Good ratings for everyone.

Raw's about where I thought it should be but for this much hype it should have been a little higher (but they did switch networks and get a bigger rating than the last Raw so that's a big positive). They had ads all over the place on the net, in Rolling Stone, on NBC, cable inserts. It shows they have a ways to go to get back to where they were in their prime and nostaglia won't get them there alone.

The UFC number is great... I was expecting it to be killed by Raw but it seems like they've got a good number of non-WWE fans watching. TUF is about stable with what it was with the Raw lead-in.

Spike and TNA were expecting 0.5 for Impact (despite what bonehead Keller says... they may have been hoping for 1.0s but that's not what they expected), so 0.8 is a very strong rating for the first show.

Can't wait to see hourly breakdowns and the number the replay of Impact did... with that lead-in it might beat the Saturday night airing.

It's not a 5.0, but I think it was a good rating and definitely higher than I expected. At least we know it's not time to hit the panic button. The show nearly a full point higher than what they have been doing recently and on par with the highest rated shows over the past couple years.

More than anything, they shoud be worried about the lack of positive reviews for the show. If anything, they needed to hit a home run to bring fans back over the long run. I don't think there is any indication that this happened with last night's show.

I know it isn't here, but the general consensus on the 'net is that Homecoming was a good show. Not blowaway, but a 7 or 8 out of 10. See polls on the Torch, PWInsider, etc. And I've been surfing a hell of a lot of boards.

WWE's got people's attention - next few weeks is the key, whether they build on this momentum or just fritter it away as they have done for so many years.

WWE need to have their heads examined giving away so much on free TV being that they don't see any ad money because of the USA deal. They should have built their next PPV up the way they did the Homecoming so they can at least get the money from so many "legends" returns.

Tons of money down the drain.

Were No Mercy or Taboo Tuesday ever destined to do a huge number of buys though?

Not when you don't make them special they won't. That's part of what creative has to do, get back to properly promoting ppv's. No Mercy looks like shit because the 2 guys in the main event are frickin bossom buddies. What they are doing now with Batista and Eddie gives me zero incentive to buy this show. Taboo Tuesday could be good because they still have roughly a month to promote it right.

Vengeance probrably wasn't destined to do a huge number of buys this year, but WWE got a hair up their ass and wa-la, the show was a financial and critical success. It's just up to them to do it.

It's not a 5.0, but I think it was a good rating and definitely higher than I expected.  At least we know it's not time to hit the panic button.  The show nearly a full point higher than what they have been doing recently and on par with the highest rated shows over the past couple years.

More than anything, they shoud be worried about the lack of positive reviews for the show.  If anything, they needed to hit a home run to bring fans back over the long run.  I don't think there is any indication that this happened with last night's show.

Most reviews are positive. Look outside this board. And even here it's about half/half.

It's not a 5.0, but I think it was a good rating and definitely higher than I expected.  At least we know it's not time to hit the panic button.  The show nearly a full point higher than what they have been doing recently and on par with the highest rated shows over the past couple years.

More than anything, they shoud be worried about the lack of positive reviews for the show.  If anything, they needed to hit a home run to bring fans back over the long run.  I don't think there is any indication that this happened with last night's show.

Most reviews are positive. Look outside this board. And even here it's about half/half.

Okay, maybe I didn't do enough searching at other sites. But I haven't really heard people (and definitely correct me if I'm wrong) say that this show has restored their faith in the product. I know I gave it a shot last night, thought it was a whatever show and probably won't watch next week. I didn't mean to imply that it was a bad show, just not the homerun they were supposedly trying to hit by the stacking the line-up the way they did.

RAW screamed out "more of the same" to me during the 10 minutes of the show I watched.

I watched a couple of seconds of some show on ABC the other night. Shit sucked.

Kahran, you are more accepting than I because I don't think that card is worth $10.00, let alone $34.95

Likely. Batista/Eddy, the Four Way, JBL/Rey & Holly/Kennedy should be good, and the Casket Match should be entertaining. Certainly it appears better than the terrible Great American Bash, Summerslam & Unforgiven cards. I'm not saying it is Bash 89 or anything like that. But you're right in that the booking is horrible.

I wouldn't pay $35 either.

I would have pegged you as a fan of Desperate Housewives, Kotz.

That gets filed every week under "shows that the culture is watching in droves but I always forget to watch myself." I'd probably like it. Not enough to watch every week or anything, but enough for me to understand its popularity.

EDIT: What am I thinking. The popularity is obvious. America is rediscovering the 30-40 year old woman after watching girls go wild for what feels like forever.