TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Dawn Marie files complaint against WWE

Former WWE performer Dawn Marie Psaltis, 35, has filed a complaint against World Wrestling Entertainment with the EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission), claiming wrongful termination. Dawn Marie claims she was released from her contract because she became pregnant. All Dawn Marie wants is to be paid for the remainder of her WWE contract, which had less than one year remaining on it at the time she was released by World Wrestling Entertainment in July of 2005. The reason given for her release from WWE management was, "Creative had no ideas for her." Dawn Marie had been in good standing with the company with a track record of always being on time and fulfilling whatever duties they asked her to do.

Dawn Marie gave birth to her first child, a boy, which she named Matthew, on December 20, 2005. Since being terminated from WWE, Dawn Marie has made two public appearances for wrestling-related events. She made an appearance at the Retroslam Convention in New Jersey in October. She also made an appearance at Hardcore Homecoming, holding the key for the main-event steel cage match. Dawn Marie also accepted a booking in which she would actually wrestle in a match. She and Jackie Gayda were supposed to be teaming up to take on Traci Brooks and Lollipop in tag action, for an indy event on April 26th. However, Dawn Marie later changed her mind and had to back out of the match. Dawn believed four months would not be enough time to get back into shape for the match due to the incredible amount of weight she gained from her pregnancy. Dawn Marie vowed that she will work for the promotion sometime down the road. Dawn Marie also has an open invitation from TNA president Dixie Carter to join TNA should she ever choose to.

Pro Wrestling Torch

I seem to remember a bunch of Vince apologists on this board claiming she probably asked for her release last summer.

Sorry, folks. Vince IS an asshole. There's no getting around it.

Did you not read what I wrote? That rumour has long since been discredited.

Yes I did. You said...

It's her boyfriend/husband. No one in wrestling I believe.

You believe?

Guest jumpingbombangel

I'm proud of Dawn for standing up for herself and her baby. Sure, she knew the business was crooked when she signed on, but there's no excuse for cutting her off completely like they did.

Guest wildpegasus

I just love it when the WWE thinks they can change the rules of the world and get away with it only for it to backfire on them.

Good for Dawn Marie.

I always thought she was paid her contract in full at the time of her release, since there was no stink about it at the time.

Guest J0bber

Hopefully this suit doesn't pan on forever like most pro wrestling related trials do. Just give Dawn the money she deserves and get it over with.

Guest JMA
PWInsider has mentioned who the father was a few times. It ain't Angle.

It's not Simon either? What's the lucky guy's name?

Guest Princess Leena
I always thought she was paid her contract in full at the time of her release, since there was no stink about it at the time.

I believe WWE wouldn't have to pay her for the entire time of her leave... I think the law is employers only have to pay for 12 weeks, or something like that. It may be different for WWE, however... since it's a dangerous job, with lots of travel, and such... I don't know.

WWE certainly could not fire her, though. And Dawn will definitely win that part of the case.

Guest Coffey

From what I recall, Dawn Marie got into ECW because Bubba called her and talked her into it. When she came into WWE, Bubba was there too but that, I'm sure, was just a coincidence. Bubba might have had an influence in it though. Now Bubba is in TNA so if she does come back, I wouldn't put it past her to go there. Bubba seems like a good guy and someone you'd want as a friend in the business...especially if he's the one that really broke you in.

Dawn losing the babyweight is really the only thing keeping her from coming back I think. Maybe her age will be a factor shortly though. I mean as far as TNA is concerned. Their schedule makes it so that it'd be a possibility.

More power to her for doing this.

On a similar note, I'm surprised Test doesn't do something similar to this (He was let go while recovering from a broken fricken' neck!)

From what I recall, Dawn Marie got into ECW because Bubba called her and talked her into it. When she came into WWE, Bubba was there too but that, I'm sure, was just a coincidence. Bubba might have had an influence in it though. Now Bubba is in TNA so if she does come back, I wouldn't put it past her to go there. Bubba seems like a good guy and someone you'd want as a friend in the business...especially if he's the one that really broke you in.

Dawn losing the babyweight is really the only thing keeping her from coming back I think. Maybe her age will be a factor shortly though. I mean as far as TNA is concerned. Their schedule makes it so that it'd be a possibility.

Isn't the general consensus amongst most fans and workers that Bubba is a giant prick?

Isn't the general consensus amongst most fans and workers that Bubba is a giant prick?

When the Dudley's were let go, it was said that Devon was "universally praised as a nice guy". Bubba got no such praise. Bubba is a prick, and has been for years.

When the Dudley's were let go, it was said that Devon was "universally praised as a nice guy". Bubba got no such praise. Bubba is a prick, and has been for years.

Considering the fact that Bubba worships the ground Paul E. Heyman walks on, this isn't surprising news.

Guest Princess Leena
More power to her for doing this.

On a similar note, I'm surprised Test doesn't do something similar to this (He was let go while recovering from a broken fricken' neck!)

Test milked his injury, knowing he'd likely be fired soon after he returned.

Guest slmon

I believe the dad is a NY or NJ cop. (He may have encouraged her to file for her rights). Anyway, Dawn must have given up on ever returning to WWE. I doubt if Test has totally given up on this, given his friendship with Shane. (It seems that a wrestler has to be shot and pissed on by the WWE to totally give up on them).

Did you not read what I wrote? That rumour has long since been discredited.

It's not that we didn't read it, Bob. It's that we just don't care.

Well that was a worthless post.

I think Test was fired in the middle of his injury. He was last seen in March 04 and was released in October 04, so assuming he had the 1 year out neck injury, then he would probably still be rehabbing it.

Good for Dawn though.

Dawn Marie doesn't deserve a dime. She is limited to whatever the terms of her contract was at the time. She got herself knocked up and could not fulfill her end of the contract. Therefore, she was released. It's that simple. She was hired for her T and A, not to be a knocked up whore.

Yeah, I dunno about this one...it sucks WWE fired her, but her getting pregnant basically nullified her ability to do her job (which was to look hot and perform on camera). At least that's the argument WWE will probably use if this thing ends up going to court, I'd imagine.