TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Arnold_OldSchool

WON Notes - HOF inductee - Eddy....

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

Jeff Jarrett’s goal for TNA is a 90 min slot on Monday night

Jeff Jarrett’s wife is fighting cancer

They may get a 2 hour special on April 13th, but that is not confirmed.

TNA’s Thursday slot will go head to head with SD! In Canada

TNA has a new CEO and he’s prepped to make changes and remove dead weight where he finds necessary.

Last week a TNA wrestler was drugged up and passed out at a restarant, which Dixie Carter was at. The other wrestlers there were able to sneak him out.

Nash wants to do more TNA dates soon, TNA lacks interest

A major tabloid was preparing a story about Vince McMahon’s marriage coming undone, due to reading about his storyline marriage issues on WWE.com

WWE drew 4,000 fans for a recent Tokyo SD! Show – the smallest gate drawn in WWE history in the Tokyo area.

Antonio Inoki promised the Bangledesh government he would have Muhammed Ali appear on New Japan shows in their country. Ali never agreed.

Terry Funk is turning down all booking offers. Dave thinks that a few final bouts with Dusty and the ECW PPV will be it for him.

The Legends PPV will tape on 3/5 and air 4/29 for $19.95

Fidel Sierra, The Cuban Assassain is undergoing surgery for colon tumors

Bret Hart has changed his tune and is now considering going in the HOF this year. Vince and Jim Ross have both talked recently with him.

Dusty Rhodes is about to sign a long term WWE deal. He is moving up in power back stage. He refuses to sign the contract unless he can still work indies though. He is still thought to be the odds on favorite for RAW GM.

Dusty was offered a program that would lead to him and Flair teaming @ WMania but he turned it down Dusty will have a 2 Disc DVD released in March. WWE is trying to get right to re-release his book with new chapters added (and revisionist history added no doubt)

Vince McMahon makes the final call on HOFers. Hart, Guerrero and Dusty the Big 3 on the Want list. The rest being considered are Steamboat, Dibiase, The Freebirds, and Arn Anderson.

Bruce “brother Love” Pritchard pushed for Burchill’s face turn. They want to turn him into a new age British Superhero ala the Bulldog, to help draw in the UK.

The writing team was against using the “Eddie in Hell” storyline, but Vince really wanted to go this direction. Dave says those in the know say the Eddie /Rey/Orton angle is only going to get worse in the next few weeks as they have “deplorable” plans ahead.

Rey got a bunch of heat for winning the Rumble due to his stature and his Eddy Storyline

Ivory was asked to do a Lesbian angle with Nicole Bass back in 99

Mama was injured by Big Show this week cause the actress who plays her needed surgery in real life. Needs a few weeks off. This caused a lot of heat as the writing team hired her without finding out that she had surgery lined up prior to the hiring.

Goldust will work part time. He is signed to a 100 dates a year contract. This was due to being 36 years old and having a bad back.

Lawler was cleared this week of any fraud charges stemming from him selling the USWA for 2 million dollars after telling those who were buying it a pack of lies of how much value the company had. (Lawler didn’t tell Jerry Jarrett about the deal and bought Jerry’s 50% of the company for 250,000, then sold it all for the 2 million.) Lawler was told by the judge to settle cause he would lose, but Lawler wowed the Jury when talking to them.

Tazz/Cole’s Radio show on Sundays goes head to head with Y2J’s radio show, the Dave’s own show, and PPV’s.

Stacy Kiebler will be on 20/20 on 2/24

Boogeyman’s new deal in OVW is he no sells 1 move per letter in his name as the crowd chants “B-O-O-G-E-Y-M-A-N” then Boogey hits his finisher and wins

Fans in Thailand chanted racist names at mark Henry at a recent house show

Boogeyman’s new deal in OVW is he no sells 1 move per letter in his name as the crowd chants “B-O-O-G-E-Y-M-A-N” then Boogey hits his finisher and wins

*groan*

Jeff Jarrett’s wife is fighting cancer

Mommy!?!!? :(

This caused a lot of heat as the writing team hired [Mama] without finding out that she had surgery lined up prior to the hiring.

Is that really their fault though? I'd think the blame for that one would lie more with Thea for not letting them know ahead of time.

*groan*

I have to disagree with you. That is brilliant! I just wish he had a better move than "Standard Hoss Wrestler Finisher #42-B: Pumphandle Slam." Give him back that reverse powerslam that he used on Simon Dean. So how do you "beat" the guy? Hit him with 9 moves then reverse the Slam and nail your big move? Maybe the Boogeyman "loses all his powers" if his big move doesnt pay off?

When is Owen going to be inducted?

I heard that WWE has repeatedly asked his widow to allow him to be inducted, and she has turned them down everytime because she wants nothing to do with the wrestling business anymore.

If the Freebirds get in before the Road Warriors, I'll be incredibly pissed off. Especially since it's in Chicago & all.

Color me excited for the upcoming "deplorable" plans for the Eddie/Rey/Orton angle.

Ivory doing a lesbian angle? Hawt. With Nicole Bass? Not hawt.

I heard that WWE has repeatedly asked his widow to allow him to be inducted, and she has turned them down everytime because she wants nothing to do with the wrestling business anymore.

Do they even need her permission for something like that?

Terry Funk is turning down all booking offers. Dave thinks that a few final bouts with Dusty and the ECW PPV will be it for him.

I have a hard time believing that...

I'm not sure how the legalities of this would work out. I'm guessing maybe you have to sign that Legend contract that WWE offers, in order to get inducted. I assume Owen's widow would be his "power of attourney", thus she refuses to sign the legends deal.

The HOF is going to end up being Eddy,Steamboat and Dusty. But thats not bad, and it saves a big name for next year. Im sure by next year, Hart will fully come around to being in the HOF, and they might even be able to get him to convince Owen's widow allow them to induct Owen, which would make for one very emotional ceremony.

Orton is becoming too smarkish. Although he should come out in an Owen Hart t-shirt to mock Rey for wearing a Guerrero t-shirt.

Orton is becoming too smarkish. Although he should come out in an Owen Hart t-shirt to mock Rey for wearing a Guerrero t-shirt.

HOLY SHIT, Vampiro, don't give the writers any ideas.

*groan*

I have to disagree with you. That is brilliant! I just wish he had a better move than "Standard Hoss Wrestler Finisher #42-B: Pumphandle Slam." Give him back that reverse powerslam that he used on Simon Dean. So how do you "beat" the guy? Hit him with 9 moves then reverse the Slam and nail your big move? Maybe the Boogeyman "loses all his powers" if his big move doesnt pay off?

I totally agree. I'm going to have to find some video of this new gimmick. :)

If, for some reason, they can't induct Owen Hart without permission (I highly doubt that though, they more than likely want to get her to OK it out of respect and to have everyone on board), they could just induct the Blue Blazer character. :P

I think it's the same deal as Bruno. They *could* induct him, but they don't want to do it without him actually there, and they don't want to induct Owen without his wife being on their side for it.

Im surprised they haven't had him take credit for killing Eddy given he's supposedly the "Legend Killer".

Thanks for posting the WON Notes, I appreciate it.

That Boogeyman OVW gimmick sounds pretty interesting to me. It may sound silly to some, but at least the WWE is recognizing that this guy is pretty limited.

I'd like to see Owen get into the HOF too, but they might as well wait for a year when they could possibly induct the entire Hart Foundation. Any chance Martha could get up there, though, and start "shootin'" @ WWE?

I don't know how it's changed in the last month, but Boogeyman's thing was previously stamping out each letter while the crowd chanted along.

Im surprised they haven't had him take credit for killing Eddy given he's supposedly the "Legend Killer".

Well, he WAS supposed to wrestle him that night.

"Eddie would've rather died than face me."

As soon as Vince thinks of that line, they'll go there.

Bret Hart has changed his tune and is now considering going in the HOF this year. Vince and Jim Ross have both talked recently with him.

Good. He deserves to be in the HOF.

Ok, Hart, Guerrero and Dusty, Steamboat, Dibiase, The Freebirds, and Arn Anderson?

That's a fantastic list. Almost all of them could be the "main guy" inducted in any given year.

Basically they are just going to put everyone that works with the company in the HOF first.

Maybe that's the only way they can get anyone to bother with HOF. Offer them jobs.

HOF looks awesome can't wait. It'll definitely make up for the so far lackluster WM card.

Guest Coffey
If the Freebirds get in before the Road Warriors, I'll be incredibly pissed off. Especially since it's in Chicago & all.

I hope you weren't suggesting that the Freebirds didn't deserve to get in though?

As long as the Freebirds are Hayes, Gordy, and Roberts I am all for it. As long as Garvin is NOWHERE near the building.

But they can easily add the Road Warriors seeing as Animal is on the payroll.

I'm not sure how the legalities of this would work out. I'm guessing maybe you have to sign that Legend contract that WWE offers, in order to get inducted. I assume Owen's widow would be his "power of attourney", thus she refuses to sign the legends deal.

Still though. I mean if they wanted to induct him for the sake of inducting him, I wouldn't see why it'd have to have anything to do with his widow (unless they were doing an extension of the olive branch type of thing and looking for future business/interviews with her for a dvd or something). *shrug*