Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The creepy "super fans"
TSM Forums > Wrestling & MMA > General Wrestling
RollingSambos
Now, I'm sure that you've all seen these "super fans" sitting in the front row at various WWF, WCW and ECW pay-per-view and TV events. Here's a few examples:

"Vladimir" - The most famous super fan. Dark skin, tan, short hair, glasses, slender, always wearing a neon tank top, always flashing the #1 sign.

"Charlie" - Used to be spotted right next to Vladimir...short, fat guy with black hair and a ponytail. Used to wear bandanas and give the camera the finger or the #1 sign.

"Faith No More Guy/Lenny" - Always in the front row at the old ECW shows, began showing up in the front row of WWF pay-per-views around 1995. Goatee, shades, leather vest, long hippy hair...

There are also two short, fat, balding brothers that have been showing up in the first few rows since like 1994. They are lesser-known than the super fans above, but they are easy to spot if you've watched enough WWE and WCW tapes.

My question is...how the fuck did these guys land front row seats for over a decade? Why are they now stuck at WWE New York for the pay-per-views instead of going live and in person? And what the hell do they do for a living that allows them to fly all over the country (and sometimes out of it; i.e. SummerSlam '92) like this? Who the hell are these people?
Nevermortal
Those guys were awesome.

Don't forget to add Hat Guy to the list too.
Jay Z. Hollywood
Hat Guy, yeah...

I've met him, one of the biggest misogynistic jerks I've ever come across. Yells horrible stuff at the women wrestlers.

One of those guys who tries to get themselves over all the time- whoopee dude, you sat in the front row for ten years in a bingo hall, some accomplishment.

Anyway, some indy superfans.

CZW has a ton of them:

Little Mondo- kid who dresses like Nick Mondo, and gives the finger to everyone who's not Nick Mondo.

Chad Shaft- fat guy in the front row, who works for CZW in some capacity, cool guy.

Red Beanie Man - guy who wears a Red Beanie.

Redhead hot chick -self explanatory

There's a couple others you always see in the front row, but they don't have names. (I think one of them is called The Missing Link, I'm not sure.)

ROH has:

A bearded bald guy who dresses like Chris Daniels.

The Lucha section -guys who wear masks.

The Artist- guy who makes and has signs for all the wrestlers.

Green Lantern Fan- he actually has an account on TSM but never posts- wears a GL sweatshirt. I've seen him at CZW events too.

I guess you could count the bus trip guys (particularly the NYC ones), as Superfans, but there's nothing really distinctive about them visually.

My personal fave:
IWA Mid-South's Crazy Pipe Guy- a really old guy who smokes a pipe, Nate Webb's biggest fan. He dances with him at all the shows. Old guys dancing=hilarity.
Nevermortal
In CZW...what about the ref section who hold up those signs about Dewey fucking pigs?

Little Mondo is hillarious.

The ROH artist is so fucking annoying. His signs suck and he's obnoxious as hell.
Jay Z. Hollywood
Oh yeah, I forgot about the ref section, love those guys.

Didn't Ric Blade disguise himself as one of them to do a run-in one time?
Nevermortal
Another CZW guy:

Crazy Retarded Dancing guy. He recently defected to Ring of Honor.
eiker_ir
is ''Vladimir" a skinny guy that was at WM 10 and Summerslam 98 i think?
RollingSambos
He's been at pretty much every WrestleMania, SummerSlam, Survivor Series, In Your House, King of the Ring, Royal Rumble, and MSG/Philadelphia show from 1991-2001 or 2002. He was always in the front row...around 2001 he started getting bumped back a few rows (i.e. WrestleMania X-7) and now for some reason he and his fellow super fans don't attend the pay-per-views at all. They were always at WWF NY/The World for the pay-per-views while it was open.
dubq
There used to be a couple who'd always be seen on WWF shows too.. they'd wear neon [yellow and pink] wind breakers and both had buzzcuts with glasses [yes, the woman did too.. either that or very short].

Or, does anyone remember the dude who was always dressed as Hogan? From WWF shows to WCW.. I never saw him at any WWE shows when Hogan re-emerged though. I had heard rumors that he was Hogan's PR guy, but I'm sure that was bullshit.
bob_barron
"The Artist" is more commonly referred to as Belt Guy. His real name is Sean. He may come across as annoying but he's actually a really cool guy and very nice.

"American flag bandanna guy" is always to the right of the entranceway- he sits with the bus crew.

Marcus is this black guy who the CSC always kiss when they come out to the ring.

Those are some ROH superfans
BAR
Can't forget my favourite, lesser known superfan:

The No-Shirt, Dread Locks, Tassels Around The Arms, Super Emotional Guy.

Who hung around ECW in the mid '90s. Rey actually leaned down from the top turnbuckle and shook his hand once. He's very prominent on Path Of Destruction.
RollingSambos
There used to be a couple who'd always be seen on WWF shows too.. they'd wear neon [yellow and pink] wind breakers and both had buzzcuts with glasses [yes, the woman did too.. either that or very short].

Yeah, they were in a backstage skit on RAW once, too. I forget who was in it but some wrestler was in the parking garage and asked them directions or something. So obviously they are somehow connected to somebody in WWE.

I think that they may be friends of HBK, because they always had signs for him and he gave them a hug after his match with Sid in San Antonio at the '97 Rumble.

Or, does anyone remember the dude who was always dressed as Hogan? From WWF shows to WCW.. I never saw him at any WWE shows when Hogan re-emerged though. I had heard rumors that he was Hogan's PR guy, but I'm sure that was bullshit.

Roddy Hogan. Supposedly has no real ties to the business, other than Detroit area indies. I heard he's a real scumbag. Some of the stories that I've heard are that he drives an ice cream truck in Detroit and still lives with his parents, smokes crack, and tries to get teenage boys to come into his van and smoke crack with him...among other things.
Doyo
from yesterday on wrestlingobserver.com
"--Many of you will recall the wrestling fan that used the name "Roddy Hogan," a Hulk Hogan lookalike (okay, Randy Hogan lookalike) that was in the front row at Hogan matches in the Midwest throughout the 90s, particularly in his home town of Detroit. He is suffering from cancer and is in bad shape."

Another classic fan that is at least partly responsible for changing wrestling history was
sign guy in ECW. He used to sit front row in ECW and hold up signs that sometimes had
funny things written on them. This was back when you would see very few signs on any
wrestling program. ECW then introduced their own Sign Guy Dudley character. Many
insider internet fans then started bringing signs to get on WWF television. Then more
and more regular fans were bringing them and after a while it seemed like everybody
in the audience had a sign. Dave Scherer's old ECW reports often had funny details about
the ECW fans, or "mutants" as he called them.
Doyo
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=ecw+muta...line.com&rnum=2

Subject: [CON] Additional Tips while in Philly
Newsgroups: rec.sport.pro-wrestling
Date: 1995/06/19

This may be a regular post from now until the Convention. With close to or
more than 100 people coming in for Con #2, it is the responsibility of the
regulars to help explain certain things to those new to
ECW/Philly/Mutantisms.

The Top Ten Freaks you may encounter while inside the ECW Arena <in no
particular order>:

1. Stinky Stanley: He is fat and dirty with a nasty cigar stench wafting
from his clothes. But beware: dont encourage Stanley to drop his pants.
Crack does kill ya know.

2. Stanley's mom Bertha. Ok, Bertha is not her real name and frankly I dont
wanna know. But Bertha looks just like Stanley. Eyeglasses thickers than
steel. She usually wears 2 or 4 sweaters. And of course, she smells. How to
detect Stanley's mom? Listen for "WOOP WOOP WOOP" and then she will appear.

3. Slo-mo-guy. One of our favorites.  Slo-mo is just that, Slow. With
glasses and a crooked mustache, you can never miss this freakoid. How to
detect Slo-Mo-Guy? Watch for the "Slow Moving Vehicle" sign on his butt.

4. Deliverance Boy. If you have ever been to a wrestling event in
Pennsylvania, Baltimore, New Jersey or New York, then you might have seen
this bucket of joy. Usual woredorbe: traditional Florida Marlins hat barely
worn on his head, the thick as steel eyeglasses, and of course, the
customary camera around the neck. Deliverance Boy has become a ladies man
lately. First, he had the girls lined up for kisses/dates at the Holiday
Inn 3 months ago. And ever since then, DB has been seen kissing and hugging
women all over town. Why is that scary? You dont want this freak of nature
reproducing.

5. Sign Guy. Another favorite. He drives a early 80's Chevy Citation loaded
with cases of Arizona Ice Tea and Kelloggs Corn Flakes. Sign Guy loves the
attention. So always say hello to him whenever you see him. He loves it.
Really he does.

6. Lurch & Manson. These guys are a tag-team, no doubt about it. Lurch has
become a freak lately. First, his gutsy attempt to embarrass the Bums by
leading counter chants against us. Then last night at the Arena, we were
chanting something derogatory at him and he loved it <I guess> and screamed
YEAH with his arms raised high. DUH! Now, Manson. Bald headed, Sabu lovin,
beer drinking slob who will scare anyone with one look. I dont care who you
are, even 212. God forbid Sabu returns to ECW, Manson will be a pig in
shit.

7. Geeks from Hartford or somewhere in Conneticut. There are two or maybe
three of them. One wears a Harford Whalers jacket, Seattle Seahawks hat and
a really chessey mustache. Geek #2 wears a Redskins hat and a rip-off Mikey
Whipwreck shirt. Geek #3 is the original Lurch. Tall and balding, whenever
a match is going on, he never watches. His head is always turned on an
angle. Which way is he looking? Geek #3 is Big Vin's whipping boy. If you
ever are confused as too who these guys are, ask Arizona John an original
Bum.

8. Uni-freak. This guy is balding and has one patch of hair on the front of
his head. Last month, I think, he was eating a sandwich when Septic Tank
asked him for a bite. When Unifreak turned his face toward Septic, a piece
of bread was hanging from the side of his mouth and totally cracked
everyone up.

9. John Lithgow/Hawaiian Guy/Hat Guy. Yes its three names in one, three
names in one. He is one person with three names. And his hats stinks.
Whether its a cow hat, or a straw hat or a cowboy hat, some how someone
always gets it and rips the shit out of it. Shit, he has another name:
Ticket Taker.  Four names in one. What a guy. He deserves it.

10. Dreads. Possibly the scariest dude in the state of Pennsylvania and
possibly the World as we know it. Some facts: He is a hare-krishna. He
paints mud on his nose and forehead. He smokes ganja <weed, folks>. He lets
his toy Godzilla smoke ganja. When Raven comes out from the dressing room,
watch Dreads get down to "Keep em Separated". But never ever get into a
crowd with this freak. He will push your ass all over and if you try
hitting him back, he will cast a religious spell on ya and turn you into a
turd. Ive seen it before and its 100% true.

Thats it for the Top Ten Freaks. Watch this column for more interesting and
informative crap about ECW/Philly/Mutantisms.

I know I missed Rey Misterio<Brown Nose>, Horse Teeth Girl, Bowling Ball
Guy, The Dancing Freak, Gabe Kapolsky and others, but space was limited.

^Gabe Kapolsky - isn't he the Ring Of Honor booker??
Doyo
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=ecw+drea....aol.com&rnum=1

Subject: [ECW] Dreads--The Story
Date: 1995/04/13

I have been noticing a lot of talk going on about Dreads the Loopjob going
on in the ECW threads lately, so I thought it would be a good time to post
a little about this amazing character. Dreads, for the unititated is a guy
in his twenties who sits in the front row at every ECW card (even spot
shows). He usually wears tie-dyes or a purple vest without a shirt and has
dreadlocks with colored yarn in them. The best part is this stuff he puts
on his face going from between the eyes all the way down the nose. Last
Saturday, my curiosity got the better of me, and I asked him what the
story with the stuff was. He explained to me that it was the "mud of the
Ganges river" and that he was a Hare Krishna! Dreads explained that he got
into Krishna while he was a crack addict homeless person on the Haight
Ashbury in San Francisco. His goal now is to become a professional
wrestler so he can espouse the virtues of being a vegitarian to the
"kids." He said that he is going to enroll in the ECW training school
soon. I guess we will soon have a new name to add to the 911 chokeslam
victims list. IMHO, Dreads the Loopjob is the new king of the mutants at
the Arena, taking the title away from Manson.

Sam
BifEverchad
All in all, nobody answered RollingSambos' original question about the creepy "super fans", How do these guys land these seats?

Also, what kind of lives do these guys have to travel and go to WWF/E events? Do they have jobs? If so, what kind?

Jeez...
Damaramu
I remember Vladimir. Didn't he always wear some goofy colored hat or tank top and have glasses. He was always going crazy in the front row? I used to wonder how that guy was always able to be there....
thrall585
I've spotted Vladimir from every Wrestlemania from Wrestlemania VI - Wrestlemania XV. The earliest I've seen him on a WWF tape was in 1988. And the last show I saw him at was Royal Rumble 2001. Someone said they know he was at Wrestlemania XVII. How do you know that if he wasn't in one of the front rows? Were you there in attendance and saw him?
RollingSambos
Yeah...

Thanks for all of the ROH and CZW info, but I'm asking about the old-school WWF super fans.
RollingSambos
Actually, I remember the super fan named Charlie talking to one of the Japanese photographers at KOTR 2000 (I was ringside), and they were talking about meeting up after the show...so maybe they are hooked up through wrestling magazines?
bob_barron
QUOTE(thrall585 @ Sep 26 2003, 12:33 AM)
I've spotted Vladimir from every Wrestlemania from Wrestlemania VI - Wrestlemania XV. The earliest I've seen him on a WWF tape was in 1988. And the last show I saw him at was Royal Rumble 2001. Someone said they know he was at Wrestlemania XVII. How do you know that if he wasn't in one of the front rows? Were you there in attendance and saw him?

Vladmir went to X-7.

He's on camera when Taker enters
thrall585
Vladmir went to X-7.

He's on camera when Taker enters

Has he appeared on camera on any PPVs after X-7?
bob_barron
He was at the World for Survivor Series 2002 I believe
Ced
It is plausible that they simply saved the cash they needed for the big events, especially back in the day when front row seats weren't as ungodly expensive as they are today. As for actually getting front row seats, that either takes commitment towards reserving those seats or having good connections, maybe even both.
RollingSambos
There's gotta be more to it than that. You're not counting airfare and hotel (these guys were spotted all over the country and apparently were residents of NYC), and no one that I know that works gets that many days off per month.
Lil' Bitch
Hell, they might as well have robbed a bank and spent all the money on front row seats, travel expenses, etc.
JumpinJackFlash
What about that guy who looked like Rob Zombie a bit? He would always have long black hair and sunglasses. I've seen him at RR 2000, WM 14, and some ECW events. He's the guy at WM 14, near the front row, with the sign that says, "The Icon Rob Van Dam."
Corey_Lazarus
That would be "Faith No More Guy."
thrall585
Vladimir has been on camera for Wrestlemania VI-XV and XVII, was he on camera for Wrestlemania XVI (2000)?
converge241
if you get in on a company when they start (or start hitting an area) its not hard to be one of these guys ..ring of honor would hook me up with the exact same fron row seats the first few times they started hitting Massachusetts , i just asked if i could get same section and they gave me the same exact two seats..i was like "uh-oh i need a gimmick" but then i ran out of disposable income before i could get an official name/gimmick smile.gif
MillenniumMan831
At a 1986-87 MSG show, Roddy Piper summoned Vladimir to the ring and asked if he could have one partner to fight Race/Orndorff, who would it be? Vladimir quickly replied, "HULK HOGAN!" --- It's on Best of WWF Volume 11

As for Roddy Hogan, things rarely went right for the Hulkster when he would show. He was at SurSer 1991, KOTR 1993, and Havok 1994 (Hogan got attacked after his match). Boy, that's ashame.
Karnage
What about those two fans who were created by the WWF in the mid 90s? I remember them getting locked out of an In Your House and stuff.
Choken One
They were just Hired Actors...I remember seeing the red head on some tv show and preceded to mark the fuck out.
Mr. Adam
Who were the three guys in the front row at WWF Events circa 93/94? They would dress up in white jumpers with W, W and F written on them respectively. They were like middle aged *really* ordinary looking dudes too. I remember Lawler saying something about them along the lines of "Oh, theres the guys you let in for free McMahon." and Vince just totally no sold it. It might have been At WMX but I ain't sure.

Any info?
thrall585
Who were the three guys in the front row at WWF Events circa 93/94? They would dress up in white jumpers with W, W and F written on them respectively. They were like middle aged *really* ordinary looking dudes too. I remember Lawler saying something about them along the lines of "Oh, theres the guys you let in for free McMahon." and Vince just totally no sold it. It might have been At WMX but I ain't sure.

Any info?

At WMX, one of those 3 guys was Vladimir, don't know who the rest were.
The Czech Republic
QUOTE(Karnage @ Sep 26 2003, 10:24 PM)
What about those two fans who were created by the WWF in the mid 90s? I remember them getting locked out of an In Your House and stuff.

Adam and George!!!!

Didn't George The Germ show up recently?
BUTT
I remember George in some skits with Raven on Heat around late 2000/early 2001.
RollingSambos
Adam and George worked for Coliseum Video. After hearing the Lawler story and the story about how Piper called Vlad into the ring, my theory is this: somehow, Vladimir managed to get "hired" by the WWF as a planted super fan...they would let him into all of the pay-per-views and northeast/MSG shows for free. Then, he brought his New York City buddies (Charlie and Faith No More Guy) into the mix. Around 2001, the WWF decided that they no longer needed their long-time "super fans" and cut Vlad and his friends off. I have noticed Charlie sitting with Blackjack Brown (Blackjack runs an NYC wrestling hotline) at certain pay-per-views, but they are no longer front-row ringside and are usually sitting several rows back.

The question is, how did Vlad land his spot as a comped super fan? I've heard that he used to hang out at the hotels and carry the wrestler's bags, but I think it's more likely that he had a connection at Madison Square Garden. He showed up at all of the MSG shows in the front row, and eventually Vince hooked him up with tickets for shows nationwide. I've also heard stories that Vlad was a pro bodybuilder, but he looked pretty skinny to me...
RollingSambos
The other guy will be
familiar to any wrestling fan who has watched a WWF or WCW PPV from
the last 15 years because he is in the crowd for all of them. He's the
skinny, tanned guy with glasses (resembling the nerdy Eugene from the
film "Grease") and I believe his name is Vladimir. His notoriety is
such that the WWF actually did an article on him in their magazine
about 10 years ago. Anyway, back to the match and Flair has been
busted open...
RollingSambos
Search Result 1
Subject: VLADIMIR
View: Complete Thread (2 articles) 
Original Format
Date: 2000-10-11 09:08:46 PST

Who knows more about this guy? Here's what I know...

Vladimir used to go to almost EVERY single WWF PPV and many house shows
especially in the New York area. You will also see him on video at every
single WWF PPV at Madison Square Garden. He would always sit in the first
few rows at ringside and at Survivor Series 96, he sat in the first row
directly in front of the camera. He is smallish, but muscular, he has a huge
mouth and wears glasses, he usually wears a cap. He was featured in WWF
magazine in early 1997. He seems to always be with a woman (maybe his wife?)
and the big guy with the beard and long hair who now sits in the front row
at ECW shows. I think he stopped going to WWF shows in 1997 and just went to
MSG shows. He was at the 1997 Slammy awards and talked to a friend of mine.
It seems he's a professional bodybuilder and he must be LOADED with money
which is why he used to get to so many WWF events. Last siting was the 2000
Royal Rumble at MSG where he was sitting in the third row.

Anyone got any more info? Is Vladimir on the Internet? He must have some
great stories...

Subject: Long Haired man in WWF PPV crowd

View this article only
Date: 1997/05/24

I, along with many of my friends, have noticed "fans" that are in the
crowd at WWF PPV's have been at every PPV since at least Survivor Series
'95.He has long hair, looks like he's wearing a wig,and has on dark
sunglasses. There are many others, but he is the most noticable.Anyone
else seen him?
Message 2 in thread
Subject: Re: Long Haired man in WWF PPV crowd

View this article only
Date: 1997/05/24

Stone Cold Steve Austin wrote:
>
> I, along with many of my friends, have noticed "fans" that are in the
> crowd at WWF PPV's have been at every PPV since at least Survivor Series
> '95.He has long hair, looks like he's wearing a wig,and has on dark
> sunglasses. There are many others, but he is the most noticable.Anyone
> else seen him?

Money says Sabu424 sees this, and says it's Al Perez.  (=

Anyhow, I think that these guys are part of a "hired crowd" at
WWF events. I went to a road show here in Oklahoma City, and there was a
heavy-set man in a Gold's Gym t-shirt and a man in a wheel chair who were
in the front row. The man in the Gold's Gym shirt antagonized about every
heel out there, especially HHH and SCSA. It got the crowd worked up, and
gave SCSA a chance at the mic... which was absolutely hilarious, BTW.
But, as we were leaving, I overheard the two gentlemen saying they had to
catch a plane to the next event. When they were asked if they followed
the WWF everywhere, they answered, "Yeah, that's what they pay us for."
I think these guys might also be trying to gage crowd reaction to
certain angles. On several RAW telecasts, I've seen a guy with a sign
that says "Crush Rules". The same guy and sign were at the OKC show. I
think that might be what's setting up Crush's probable face turn-The fact
that the fans are reacting well to it.
Message 3 in thread

View this article only
Date: 1997/05/25

> Anyhow, I think that these guys are part of a "hired crowd" at
>WWF events. I went to a road show here in Oklahoma City, and there was a
>heavy-set man in a Gold's Gym t-shirt and a man in a wheel chair who were
>in the front row. The man in the Gold's Gym shirt antagonized about every
>heel out there, especially HHH and SCSA. It got the crowd worked up, and
>gave SCSA a chance at the mic... which was absolutely hilarious, BTW.
>But, as we were leaving, I overheard the two gentlemen saying they had to
>catch a plane to the next event. When they were asked if they followed
>the WWF everywhere, they answered, "Yeah, that's what they pay us for."

Sort of like the "sick" people to be cured in faith-healers' acts? :-)
Message 4 in thread

View this article only

>I, along with many of my friends, have noticed "fans" that are in the
crowd at WWF PPV's have been at every PPV since at least Survivor Series
'95.He has long hair, looks like he's wearing a wig,and has on dark
sunglasses. There are many others, but he is the most noticable.Anyone
else seen him?>

The guy in question is my best friend, Lenny.  He is JUST a fan, and he
likes to travel to the PPVs.  He is NOT wearing a wig.  He's been sitting
ringside at WWF PPvs since Mania 10 and also goes to a ton of ECW shows(He
was in the front row at Barely Legal PPV).  Like I said, he's just a fan
and he is generally shocked that people care enough to ask about him
online.
Message 5 in thread

View this article only

I too have seen him, who is he?

Chuck
Message 6 in thread

View this article only

I have noticed him quite a bit, but there is another guy that always
catches my mind.  He is a taller guy with glasses.  Skinny with a
slightly muscular built and short shaved hair.  He always has fantastic
seats.  I have seen him at minor shows as well.

He gave pycho sid a hug as ring side after he won the belt from
michaels.  He is on page 30 of the Vader bloody vader raw mgazine.  He
is standing behind Funk wearing a striped white and blue? shirt.  To the
far left of him is "Lenny"? we are speaking off.  He is wearing his dark
shades as always.
Message 7 in thread

View this article only

jeLLo-X@webtv.net wrote:
>
>    I have noticed him quite a bit, but there is another guy that always
> catches my mind.  He is a taller guy with glasses.  Skinny with a
> slightly muscular built and short shaved hair.  He always has fantastic
> seats.  I have seen him at minor shows as well.
>
>    He gave pycho sid a hug as ring side after he won the belt from
> michaels.  He is on page 30 of the Vader bloody vader raw mgazine.  He
> is standing behind Funk wearing a striped white and blue? shirt.  To the
> far left of him is "Lenny"? we are speaking off.  He is wearing his dark
> shades as always.

Does anyone know what these guys do for a living??  It seems like they
just chill all day then go watch wrestling at night.  What a life!!!
Message 8 in thread

View this article only
Date: 1997/05/26

I have noticed him quite a bit, but there is another guy that always
> catches my mind.  He is a taller guy with glasses.  Skinny with a
> slightly muscular built and short shaved hair.  He always has fantastic
> seats.  I have seen him at minor shows as well.

He isn't the one who always wears pink is he. The long hair guy is also at
all the ECW arena shows(if he's the one I think he is). Speaking of fans
what about the guys at tsome WCW Sat Nights who dress like Super Heroes.
Message 9 in thread

View this article only

I was meaning to talk about the guy who hugged Sid.He was also in Raw
mag. on Shotgun Saturday Night section (It shows Marlena with her top
off) so I figure he works for the WWF while Lenny is told to only be a
fan.

And that's the bottom line 'cause Stone Cold said so!
                            -Stone Cold Steve Austin
Message 10 in thread

View this article only
Date: 1997/05/26

That is some guy named Vladimir.  I personally don't know him, I just
noticed him in the crowd since at least WMVII and some magazine a little
back said his name was Vladimir.  Also in one of the Raw magazines or the
WWF magazine Vic Venom wrote about the crazy fans and mentioned Vladimir.
This was around the time of Survivor Series.
Steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next 7
Jump to [ End of thread ]

©2003 Google
RollingSambos
Message 1 in thread
Subject: The Guy with the glasses

View this article only
Date: 1997/01/20

Anyone who has followed wrestling from the old MSG days should have seen
the little shaved-head skinny guy at the end of the rumble last night
after Shawn won. He was in the crowd wearing glasses. Now, remember back
to after Piper returned in I think 1986. He did a live Piper's Pit,
where Heenan and Orndorff were his guests. They had a fight over who
they would tag up with (after they resented each other from WMI for a
while), and that same guy was the one Piper called from the crowd and
asked him who he would pick. And he chose Hogan. Just wondering if
anyone else caught it.

Z-Man
Message 2 in thread
Subject: Re: The Guy with the glasses

View this article only
Date: 1997/01/21

That guy is called Vladimir, I think.  WWF Magazine (I just look at the
pictures smile.gif ) did a little bit on the guy this month.
Message 3 in thread

View this article only

I know who your talking about. He's in almost every PPV in the WWF. You
can point him out in a second because he's always over-reacting when he's
on camera.  He is usually wearing a Hulkster shirt in them also. I wonder
what he thinks of NWO?
  Jigsaw48      _(  )_  "The truck have started to move"
                    (_    _)      -Solid Snake-
                  __)  (__
                  /_______\
Message 4 in thread

View this article only

Z-Man (zmann@webspan.net) wrote:
> Anyone who has followed wrestling from the old MSG days should have seen
> the little shaved-head skinny guy at the end of the rumble last night
> after Shawn won. He was in the crowd wearing glasses. Now, remember back
> to after Piper returned in I think 1986. He did a live Piper's Pit,
> where Heenan and Orndorff were his guests. They had a fight over who
> they would tag up with (after they resented each other from WMI for a
> while), and that same guy was the one Piper called from the crowd and
> asked him who he would pick. And he chose Hogan. Just wondering if
> anyone else caught it.
> Z-Man

Yeah I thought I was the only one who caught that. That guy gets around.
Also I seen him last year on another Pay per view event.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Michel Foucault
The Man With The Plan
" Victims aren't we all" "It gets lonely at the top" 
  The Crow  Bon Jovi

Email address: gadam@chat.carleton.ca
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 in thread

View this article only

Z-Man (zmann@webspan.net) wrote:
> Anyone who has followed wrestling from the old MSG days should have seen
> the little shaved-head skinny guy at the end of the rumble last night
> after Shawn won. He was in the crowd wearing glasses. Now, remember back
> to after Piper returned in I think 1986. He did a live Piper's Pit,
> where Heenan and Orndorff were his guests. They had a fight over who
> they would tag up with (after they resented each other from WMI for a
> while), and that same guy was the one Piper called from the crowd and
> asked him who he would pick. And he chose Hogan. Just wondering if
> anyone else caught it.

I remember noticing the same guy at the end of the match when Sid took
the title from Shawn at The Survivor Series.  I remember, because the guy
gave Sid a big hug to congratulate him, and really went nuts on the
camera.  I thought to myself then "He must be a huge Sid fan."  Then he
did almost the same with Micheals last night.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tom Collins
Ain't I delicious?

"...and when the doctor said I didn't have worms any more, that was the
happiest day of my life."          -Ralph Wiggum

"Oh no!  Beta!"        -Snake

E-mail: tcollins@chat.carleton.ca 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 in thread

View this article only

That guy's name is Vladimir.  He's at all the pay-per-views it seems like.
Message 7 in thread

View this article only

HiHeel Lover wrote:
>
> That guy's name is Vladimir.  He's at all the pay-per-views it seems like.

Total retard. He made it to TJ before Wrestlemania last March and didn't
have a clue about having a clue.
Message 8 in thread

View this article only
Date: 1997/01/23

Bob,

>Total retard. He made it to TJ before Wrestlemania last March and
didn't
have a clue about having a clue.<

I heard that on his way back to California he was stopped by the border
patrol.  They asked him what country he was from and he replied, "New
York."

Doug
Message 9 in thread

View this article only

: > Anyone who has followed wrestling from the old MSG days should have seen
: > the little shaved-head skinny guy at the end of the rumble last night
: > after Shawn won. He was in the crowd wearing glasses. Now, remember back
: > to after Piper returned in I think 1986. He did a live Piper's Pit,

actually, isn't this the same skinny guy who was always at the MSG cards
with the Macho Man shirt on?

i think a lot of people will remember this guy. what can i say? a true
fan.
Message 10 in thread

View this article only

>They had a fight over who
>they would tag up with (after they resented each other from WMI for a
>while), and that same guy was the one Piper called from the crowd and
>asked him who he would pick. And he chose Hogan. Just wondering if
>anyone else caught it.
>
>Z-Man

I dunno about the Piper/Hogan thing, but that guy has had good seats for
every WWF ppv I can remember.  Who's dick is he sucking at Titan?

--
"This is the duh dub yeff peoples belt!" Amed Johnson
"The only good thing that ever came out of Puerto Rico,
was an empty boat"  Owen Hart
CAWTHORNE--
RollingSambos
On Faith No More Guy:

Message 1 in thread
Subject: Re: Who is that guy w/long black hair & shades at ECW/WWF shows?

View this article only
Date: 1999/03/24

HES A BIG WRESTLING FAN WHO LIVES IN LONG ISLAND HIS NAME IS LENNY AND
HES A REGULAR AT THE ECW ARENA ALONG WITH HIS FRIEND NAME CHARLIE WHO IS
SHORT AND HAS A PONY TAIL THEY USUALLY GO TO MSG SHOWS WITH ANOTHER GUY
NAMED VLADIMIR
Message 2 in thread

View this article only

HES A BIG WRESTLING FAN WHO LIVES IN LONG ISLAND HIS NAME IS LENNY AND
HES A REGULAR AT THE ECW ARENA ALONG WITH HIS FRIEND NAME CHARLIE WHO IS
SHORT AND HAS A PONY TAIL THEY USUALLY GO TO MSG SHOWS WITH ANOTHER GUY
NAMED VLADIMIR
Message 3 in thread

View this article only

Group: rec.sport.pro-wrestling Date: Wed, Mar 24, 1999, 5:18am (PST+2)
From: amIevil@bigfoot.com (Arseface the Troll) Who is that guy
w/long black hair & shades at ECW/WWF shows? 
He's an ECW arena regular, but also shows up[usually in the first row]
at many ECW and some WWF PPVs.
He's scary.........is he Dave Scherer?
---------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah,  this guy pops up all over the place.  I was at an ECW arena
show one time that got out really late (past 1 AM) and then I saw the
guy on a WWF ppv which I believe was from Milwauke (sp.?),  WI the next
day.  I've seen the guy in the audience at every ECW arena show,  some
ECW house shows,  WWF Shotgun Saturday Night (the 1st one in New York
City and the one that was held in a bar in Amirillo),  Survivor Series
'97 which was held in San Antonio,  Wrestlemania XII which was held in
Los Angeles,  and,  many other events all over the place.  Either this
guy has a lot of extra money and no life or he somehow makes his living
covering wrestling events.
Message 4 in thread

View this article only
Date: 1999/03/25

Kind of like that guy who used to dress up like Hogan and show up on PPV's
in the early 90's. I remember first seeing him at the Survivor Series in
91, then King of the Ring 93. I think he was also at one of Hogan's first
WCW PPV's. There was also a picture of him and Hogan in the March 1992
"1991 Year in Review" issue of PWI.

Arseface the Troll <amIevil@bigfoot.com> wrote in article
<36fd06ff.12287562@news2.newscene.com>...
> On Wed, 24 Mar 1999 06:07:19 -0800 (PST), theshooter@webtv.net (Andrew
> Jacobs) wrote:
>
> >Group: rec.sport.pro-wrestling Date: Wed, Mar 24, 1999, 5:18am (PST+2)
> >From: amIevil@bigfoot.com (Arseface the Troll) Who is that guy
> >w/long black hair & shades at ECW/WWF shows? 
> >He's an ECW arena regular, but also shows up[usually in the first row]
> >at many ECW and some WWF PPVs.
> >He's scary.........is he Dave Scherer?
> >---------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> >    Yeah,  this guy pops up all over the place.  I was at an ECW arena
> >show one time that got out really late (past 1 AM) and then I saw the
> >guy on a WWF ppv which I believe was from Milwauke (sp.?),  WI the next
> >day.  I've seen the guy in the audience at every ECW arena show,  some
> >ECW house shows,  WWF Shotgun Saturday Night (the 1st one in New York
> >City and the one that was held in a bar in Amirillo),  Survivor Series
> >'97 which was held in San Antonio,  Wrestlemania XII which was held in
> >Los Angeles,  and,  many other events all over the place.  Either this
> >guy has a lot of extra money and no life or he somehow makes his living
> >covering wrestling events.
>
> Yea, that's what freaked me out about him, when I saw him show up at
> places halfway across the country. It's not that big a deal driving
> around the east/midwest area, ect., but he either REALLY likes
> driving[and has the time] or he has the bucks to spend on plane
> tickets.
>
Message 5 in thread

View this article only

i label him 'hippy dude' everytime i see him on raw or a ppv i go
'hey,look,hippy dude!
Message 6 in thread

View this article only

Arseface the Troll wrote:

> He's an ECW arena regular, but also shows up[usually in the first row]
> at many ECW and some WWF PPVs.
> He's scary.........is he Dave Scherer?

Don't know his real name (and it's not a matter of public record
anyway), but online, he's known as either "Faith No More Guy" (because
of his resembling that band's guitarist) & "Dreads".

--
"The Shooter" Chad Bryant
chadbryant@usa.net
http://www.chadbryant.somewhere.net

"If we settle for nothing now, we settle for nothing later"
-Rage Against The Machine, "Settle For Nothing"

Message 7 in thread

View this article only

>Who is that guy w/long black hair & shades at ECW/WWF shows?

That would be Joey Baggadonuts, and he's from the Detroit area.  Rumor has it
that, while he works with a couple of Indy feds in MI, IN, and Ontario, he's
also a talent scout for ECW & WWF, as well as a wrestling correspondent for
some newspaper.

The Hulk lookalike that was mentioned in an earlier post is "Roddy Hogan", and
he's just a goof whose parents have too much money.
thrall585
>>Who is that guy w/long black hair & shades at ECW/WWF shows?
>That would be Joey Baggadonuts, and he's from the Detroit area. Rumor has it
that, while he works with a couple of Indy feds in MI, IN, and Ontario, he's
also a talent scout for ECW & WWF, as well as a wrestling correspondent for
some newspaper.

Don't know if that is supposed to be a joke (Baggadonuts?) or if its not and it just contradicts the guy w/long black hair & shades at ECW/WWF shows being Lenny the Faith no More guy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.