Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: the shittest album cover in recent memory
TSM Forums > Pop Culture > Music
Pages: 1, 2, 3
PLAGIARISM!

Dear God that is so stupid. If I thought Muse had a sense of humour, I'd think this was a pretty funny dig at Pink Floyd. Unfortunately I know that they take themselves seriously. Yikes.
Giuseppe Zangara
Muse have quite a devoted cult following in this country. I guess they're a substitute for people who wish Radiohead would stop fucking around with laptops. Whatever the reason, they suck.

As for this shittiest recent album cover thread:
luke-o

Rob zombie looking like an old man is not cool.

this is rob fuckin zombie

Henry Spencer
The Rob Zombie cover on the bottom looks infinitely stupider than the other one.
Giuseppe Zangara
There's nothing wrong with the Educated Horses cover. It's a cool picture. I like the title, too. (No, I have no interest in hearing the album itself.)
Giuseppe Zangara
Here's a mediocre cover that also serves as a sign of what to expect from the music itself:

Comically "moody," portentous, pseudo-spiritual hackwork. Just what you can expect from any Live album.
Slayer
To second Coat, I always thought the muddied Rob Zombie on Hellbilly Deluxe looked a horribly stupid

When I first saw it, I thought "This can't really be the same guy behind 'Thunder Kiss' and 'More Human than Human", can it?"
Special K

This cover is actually pretty awesome, but it's one that always causes anyone female to look at you funny.

"It's a really good album! Honestly!"

And I don't think Muse necesarily sucks. They're hilariously self-important and bombastic, and I can't see myself buying one of their albums, but they're better than 90% of the shit on the radio now.
Art Sandusky
QUOTE(Incandenza @ Jun 18 2006, 02:43 PM) *
Here's a mediocre cover that also serves as a sign of what to expect from the music itself:

Comically "moody," portentous, pseudo-spiritual hackwork. Just what you can expect from any Live album.

I don't think I've ever heard even a single song by Live, unless I heard it on the radio in like 1997 and didn't know it. Am I really missing much?
Gary Floyd
QUOTE(Art Sandusky @ Jun 18 2006, 08:04 PM) *
QUOTE(Incandenza @ Jun 18 2006, 02:43 PM) *

I don't think I've ever heard even a single song by Live, unless I heard it on the radio in like 1997 and didn't know it. Am I really missing much?

No, you're not missing much.
Slayer
QUOTE(Art Sandusky @ Jun 18 2006, 08:04 PM) *
I don't think I've ever heard even a single song by Live

I'm sure you've heard "Lightning Crashes" at some point
Special K
Lightning Crashes was their big hit. And I despise that song. It's maudlin and stupid. It feels like it's 8 minutes long.
Gary Floyd
"Lighning Crashes" is one of the worst songs ever recorded. I hated it when I was a kid, and I hate it today.
Art Sandusky
QUOTE(Special K @ Jun 18 2006, 08:10 PM) *
Lightning Crashes was their big hit. And I despise that song. It's maudlin and stupid. It feels like it's 8 minutes long.

OH GOD, IT'S THAT SONG. THAT'S WHO LIVE IS. And man, this DOES feel like it's 10 minutes long. Geez. It just draaaaaaaaaaags. Oh, and

*snort*
Lord of The Curry
I proudly rocked that album cover as a Live t-shirt back in grade six.
Slayer
"Lightning Crashes" was allright, I thought, but there was an awful version where they interspersed audio footage from the OKC bombing.
Special K
"Lightning Crashes" was allright,

I CAN FEEL IIIIYEEEET
I CAN FEEL IIIYEEEET (back up vocalist I CAN FEEL IIIYEEEET)
I CAN FEEL IYEEEEET (backup: I CAN FEEL IYEEEEYEYEYEIT)
*Lead singer has shit himself* I can feel it.

That's the song. It's one of the worst songs in the world. At least Jet blows their load after 3 minutes.

where they interspersed audio footage from the OKC bombing.

Hey, I CAN hate a band more! Hey guys check this out! And the album cover Inc posted was actually a great albnum cover it's God pissing on Live.

EDIT: and Throwing Copper makes me think of the infinitely better band Throwing Muses. Who got no radio play. And I sitll hear that shit song "Lightning Crashes" on the radio and you know someone has fucked to that terrible song and oh my god the room is spinning.
Special K
I proudly rocked that album cover as a Live t-shirt back in grade six.

This is the only band T-shirt I ever wore:

That and a shirt which had the cover of "wish you were here"

I so badly want the Sonic Youth 'Dirty' tee that the big guy was rocking in 40 yo Virgin. Even though I think that album isn't that great comparitively.

Now THAT I would wear every fucking day/
vivalaultra
I humbly submit the cover of the new Keane CD for consideration in the "shittest album covers in recent memory".

PLAGIARISM!
Pretty gay, but maybe a good band would pull it off. Even if it were good, it would look like an album people who don't like music would buy, however.
luke-o
To second Coat, I always thought the muddied Rob Zombie on Hellbilly Deluxe looked a horribly stupid

When I first saw it, I thought "This can't really be the same guy behind 'Thunder Kiss' and 'More Human than Human", can it?"

I thought he looked quite cool. But not as cool as Hillbilly Zombie he was with White Zombie. He just looks like he's had it on the new album. He sounds like it too, the album is VERY poor.

Im actually struggeling to think of some more bad covers.
Special K
Blonde Redhead-Melody of Certain Damaged Lemons
Pretty hard to see, but this cover is hideous. It's just the three members of the band with like lipstick and antennae and shit drawn on them. Plus it's a REALLY stupid title. Pretty good album.

They made it right on the latest one, tho.

BUTT
Gary Floyd

And to think, I kind of like the band (Hey, a man's allowed to have guilty pleasures, ok)
Art Sandusky
Let's see if we can refrain from Joyce, Ken By Request Only, and all the other tired Bad Covers.
vivalaultra
What about the horrible early Pantera covers?

If those are unavailable, I vote for this one:

Star Ocean 3

if it's more awesome than shitty i apologize.
Art Sandusky
QUOTE(vivalaultra @ Jun 19 2006, 05:11 PM) *
What about the horrible early Pantera covers?

If those are unavailable, I vote for this one:

Okay, I pretty much said let's not rely on the Pitchfork list and whatnot.
vivalaultra
There's a Pitchfork list of bad covers? I'm...out of the loop.

Edit: After looking at the Pitchfork list, I did not see Millie Jackson's "Back to the Shit" anywhere on it. In fact, I had never seen it before I saw it the first time and am not aware of who Millie Jackson is.
The Spike
QUOTE(Star Ocean 3 @ Jun 19 2006, 07:26 PM) *
if it's more awesome than shitty i apologize.

That gave me a good chuckle. It was worth it.
Giuseppe Zangara
Yeah, let's lay off the Bad Album Cover List staples. Try to keep it recent, too.
vivalaultra
I just liked it cuz it was an ugly black woman takin' a poop. Gah...

Sorry I'm not in the "Bad Album Cover" newsgroup.
Art Sandusky
news:alt.music.shit-covers

lol, usenet

This isn't your grandpa's lounge jazz crooner, this guy has respect for the classics AND he's not afraid to really let loose! Look! He's gonna jump on the piano so it goes URNK-BNK-DDURE-CRANK! Talk about having fun and being original.
Giuseppe Zangara
The Velvet Underground were on Verve.
Art Sandusky
Sure were. Why'd they sign that pseudo-jazz hack? He's like a male Norah Jones. And that's debatable.
Giuseppe Zangara
Norah Jones is on Blue Note, isn't she? I guess I can't blame them and Verve for signing such acts. It's not like jazz is tearing up the Billboard charts.
Slayer
QUOTE(Art Sandusky @ Jun 19 2006, 11:05 PM) *
Norah Jones

zzzzzzzzzzzzz....
Giuseppe Zangara

Unbearably cheesy photo framed by odds-and-ends that, together, have the color scheme of post-breakfast vomit.
Gary Floyd
Isn't Norah Jones on the new Mike Patton album?
Art Sandusky
They're Russian nesting dolls, I think. That is a bad cover, but I kinda like the album. Regina Spektor will always be second-rate to Nellie McKay, though.
Giuseppe Zangara
I forgot to add that the cover looks like it was cobbled together in less than ten minutes using mspaint.
Art Sandusky
Nah, that's a Photoshop slop job. Photoslop?

Anyway, here's a better picture of Soviet Kitsch.

I think my problem with it is that it looks like a bad female comedy album. You know, the ones where they talk about cleaning their vaginas.
Masked Man of Mystery
QUOTE(Incandenza @ Jun 20 2006, 12:07 AM) *
Norah Jones is on Blue Note, isn't she? I guess I can't blame them and Verve for signing such acts. It's not like jazz is tearing up the Billboard charts.

Last time I checked, yes, Norah Jones is on Blue Note. I recall when she debuted there was talk of her helping them get back on their feet.
Giuseppe Zangara
QUOTE(Art Sandusky @ Jun 20 2006, 12:21 AM) *
Nah, that's a Photoshop slop job. Photoslop?

Anyway, here's a better picture of Soviet Kitsch.

I think my problem with it is that it looks like a bad female comedy album. You know, the ones where they talk about cleaning their vaginas.

The more it's blown-up, the worse it looks.
Ravenbomb
QUOTE(lovecraft231 @ Jun 19 2006, 11:15 PM) *
Isn't Norah Jones on the new Mike Patton album?

yup
Special K

Not exactly new, but this cover actually hurts your eyes at full size. Everything's this horrible faux-3D (or maybe actually 3D, my CD didn't come with glasses, so I don't care) where everything is traced with yellow, red and green. It's pretty nauseating.

I like the album, though.
Star Ocean 3

you go to classical music for bad covers.
Mecha Mummy
QUOTE(Sensei John Kreese @ Jun 19 2006, 02:05 PM) *

The winner. That is just hysterically bad. And yeah, I've never seen the cover of Soviet Kitsch before but that's pretty weak. I still want to give the album itself a listen though since I'm rather fond of "Us."
The Man in Blak
Not exactly recent vintage, since it's pre-Primus Les Claypool at work, but the cover for Sausage's Riddles Are Abound Tonight is ghastly:

And I'll freely admit - I had a Secret Samadhi t-shirt back in high school. I never really got into "Lightning Crashes", but "Lakini's Juice" was the shit way back then.
PLAGIARISM!
Album covers never were Les's strong point, though I still hold a certain fondness for him in general, and the sleeve to Brown Album is excellent.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.