Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Killers third album extravaganza
TSM Forums > Pop Culture > Music
Mik

New single..."Human".

Needs to grow on me, I think. Are we human or are we dancers? What the fuck does that even mean?

Hey, at least they still have the over-the-top in their insanity band photos.

Hey, everyone's favorite band is back, AMIRITESMARTMARKS?
Edwin MacPhisto
That picture's getting into Muse territory. I hope it's the album cover.
Lord of The Curry
The guy on the far right is easily the MVP of the photo. Black panther pose + fur = champion.
C*Z*E*C*H
Gay Robert Plant cosplay at the Bonneville Salt Flats.
Kinetic
Guy on the far right looks a bit like the wrestling fag who was in everyone's signature 9 months ago. I'm sorry that I can't be any more specific than that.

Anyway, this band isn't getting any better.
PUT THAT DICK IN MY MOUTH!
That's a really bad song
C*Z*E*C*H
I love dance music and I hate this song.
Mik
Hmm... I think the lyric is actually "are we human or are we denser" but either way that's bad bad writing.

I like parts of this song, but as a first single it is leagues below the first two albums.
Maztinho
QUOTE (The Blue Bird of Unhappiness @ Sep 22 2008, 11:47 AM) *
Guy on the far right looks a bit like the wrestling fag who was in everyone's signature 9 months ago. I'm sorry that I can't be any more specific than that.

Anyway, this band isn't getting any better.

John Morrison.
Mik
Songs rumored to be on the album:

Spaceman:

Neon Tiger:

Gary Floyd
Not too impressed. Considering that I find their first album to be a guilty pleasure, I must say, I find this to be boring.
Smartly Pretty
What's to be guilty about? Hot Fuss is great.
Mik
I'm really looking forward to a studio cut of Spaceman.

Neon Tiger better really have improved while touring or that's gonna blow.

Human is pretty catchy now that I have the mp3 but I'm still not thrilled about it.
Craig Th
I fuckin love it.

Then again, I think I've only hated 2 Killer songs. I'm way tooo biased.
Ketamine Disaster
I heard a new Killers song on the radio for the first time last night, and had to call my friend to inform him that "The new Killers song sounds like something you'd hear at a gay techno club...I'm pretty sure the chorus say 'I'm on my knees, waiting for the answer'" and he replied, "Yeah, they're a bunch of faggots".

So, there. The Killers are a bunch of faggots. Who did they rip off on this album?
Kinetic
Elton John, probably.
Mik
QUOTE (Ketamine Disaster @ Sep 23 2008, 10:03 PM) *
I heard a new Killers song on the radio for the first time last night, and had to call my friend to inform him that "The new Killers song sounds like something you'd hear at a gay techno club...I'm pretty sure the chorus say 'I'm on my knees, waiting for the answer'" and he replied, "Yeah, they're a bunch of faggots".

So, there. The Killers are a bunch of faggots. Who did they rip off on this album?

Oops... missed this originally.

Being a bunch of faggots never hurt Franz Ferdinand, btw.
mfn
QUOTE (Mik @ Oct 1 2008, 12:06 PM) *
QUOTE (Ketamine Disaster @ Sep 23 2008, 10:03 PM) *

Oops... missed this originally.

Being a bunch of faggots never hurt Franz Ferdinand, btw.

Franz Ferdinand > The Killers any day. Their new album sounds soooo good biggrin.gif
Mik
Lucid Dreams?

Or is more of it out there/leaked? If so - point me in the right direction.
Edwin MacPhisto
QUOTE (objet petit a @ Oct 1 2008, 12:33 PM) *

Even better.
Mik
"Spaceman" on SNL was pretty good. Weird lyrics but pretty damn catchy.
Tzar Lysergic
Speaking of Gay Robert Plant, check out that mosaic.
dubq
I'll stick to the Hives, thanks.
Mik
The punchable faces of Brandon Flowers
Mik

30 seconds of each song.

I think I hate it.
Craig Th
No way am I listening to that. It will spoil everything.
Mik
Torrent leaked today.

And Mole... you'll be happy to know that those 30 second previews did no justice to the songs. I'm so pleasantly surprised right now.

I might already like it better than Sam's Town and I'm probably one of only ten people in the world who loved that album.
QUOTE (Craig Th @ Nov 18 2008, 06:11 PM) *

How can an album be "spoiled"?
mfn
QUOTE (dubq @ Oct 9 2008, 09:13 AM) *
I'll stick to the Hives, thanks.

Good man.
Craig Th
QUOTE (objet petit a @ Nov 19 2008, 06:56 PM) *
QUOTE (Craig Th @ Nov 18 2008, 06:11 PM) *

How can an album be "spoiled"?

Easy. I'd rather listen to the whole song then just 30 seconds of it. It will spoil it for me.

iTunes told me I could download it and I love it so far. But I'm only at the 6th song, so things might change. Then again, I'm biased. There have only been 2 Killer songs I haven't liked. ("Everything Will Be Alright" and "Uncle Johnny")

EDIT: Oh and that song off of the Spidey 3 soundtrack. I can't even think of the name of it.
Czecherbear
cd213
I've listened to the new album about 4 times in the past 3 days. It's a very, very good album from start to finish. Not the best album of the year, but a most enjoyable one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.