Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Working on a theory.
TSM Forums > Pop Culture > Music
Czech please!
QUOTE (Agent of Oblivion @ Nov 12 2008, 08:24 AM) *
I'm just voting for the songs I like more. That said, I fucking hate Build Me Up Buttercup, and am psychologically urged to reach for a knife and a victim every time I hear it. I seriously, wholly, hate that goddamn song. Like, top ten songs I hate for all eternity. It's not quite Smash Mouth or Soul Asylum levels, but it's right there.

I get what he means. Something about the production, instrumentation, or whatever about popular music from the 1960s will occasionally compel someone to enter a violent rage. It's not always the same song from person to person, but everyone has one.

Mine is "Sweet Caroline."
snuffbox
"Incense and Peppermints," here.
Copper Feel
'Hang On Sloopy'
Gary Floyd
QUOTE (snuffbox @ Mar 27 2009, 09:39 PM) *

Skywarp!
Sweet Caroline. The drunken frat-boy douchebag crowd participation parts: "bah-bah-baaaahs" and "so good! so good! so goods" turn me into a bitter hatemonger.
Czech please!
QUOTE (snuffbox @ Mar 27 2009, 09:39 PM) *

Oooooh, that is a good one.
'Hang On Sloopy'

No, I like that song!
Sweet Caroline. The drunken frat-boy douchebag crowd participation parts: "bah-bah-baaaahs" and "so good! so good! so goods" turn me into a bitter hatemonger.

Hazel Mae's wicked haht for a flip!
PUT THAT DICK IN MY MOUTH!
"Sweet Caroline" owns. You guys are dumb.
Czech please!

TOUCHING MEEEEEEEEEE

TAAAA-CHING YOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUU

Awful. Add me to the shit-in-your-mouth list.
Kinetic
Fucking "Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In." Boomer assholes actually listened to that shit?

But y'know, this certainly isn't limited to songs from the 60s. For instance, my initial thought here was "Dream Weaver," the mere mention of which is enough to send me into a bloodthirsty rampage for days on end. But it was released in 1976, and therefore would not qualify.
BUTT
QUOTE (Skywarp! @ Mar 27 2009, 11:03 PM) *
The drunken frat-boy douchebag

QUOTE (objet petit a @ Mar 28 2009, 12:31 AM) *

I knew that was coming as soon as I saw your name at the bottom of the thread. You're so predictable, BUTT.
BUTT
Pfft, if I got sonned I would no-sell it too.
As for the thread's actual topic: "Light My Fire" gets my blood boiling.
Kinetic
Hating "Build Me Up Buttercup" is pretty inexplicable, if you ask me. It's inoffensive, and I actually enjoyed its use in the ending sequence of There's Something About Mary. Of all the terrible songs out there, '60s songs or otherwise, why the vitriol for that one? And you just know that Agent's going to contract some sort of disease in Puerto Rico, so I'll never be able to ask him.
Czech please!
I could see where he would hate it. I could also see him bludgeoning an incompetent warehouse grunt to death with a hockey stick as "Happy For The Rest Of Your Life" plays in the background.
BUTT
"For What It's Worth" has a nice intro before the vocals start but its overbearing air of Social Relevance make me hate it so much.
QUOTE (BUTT @ Mar 27 2009, 11:52 PM) *
Pfft, if I got sonned I would no-sell it too.

One of these days, BUTT, you're going to push me too far. And then you'll be sorry.
BUTT
Someone talks a big game for a guy with four other dudes' shit in his mouth!
mad.gif
Gary Floyd
QUOTE (objet petit a @ Mar 27 2009, 11:31 PM) *

Says the man who loves the song "Prom Girl."
cd213
QUOTE (Kinetic @ Mar 27 2009, 11:39 PM) *
Fucking "Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In." Boomer assholes actually listened to that shit?

But y'know, this certainly isn't limited to songs from the 60s. For instance, my initial thought here was "Dream Weaver," the mere mention of which is enough to send me into a bloodthirsty rampage for days on end. But it was released in 1976, and therefore would not qualify.

The first part of this gets a YES! Even with it being used at the end of 40 YEAR OLD VIRGIN, it's still an annoying piece of cow dung.

The second part, not so much. As bad as the song is, it will forever be the song that Wayne Campbell hears when he first fell in love with Casandra for me. And for that reason alone, it becomes more awesome!
Corey_Lazarus
Practically the entire catalogue of the Doors.
RHR
Don't. Stop. Believing.

No, really. Please stop.

And before I go, isn't "South Detroit" in fucking Canada?

And also, Total Eclipse of the Heart. I leave my bar everytime that fucking song comes on.
SuperJerk
"Stay" by Lisa Loeb.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.