TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheSmarkzone

WrestleMania XIX

Guest AllCanadian

Am I the only one who thinks the WWE can't sell out a major 50,000+ stadium in the US. If the want a super attendance probaly gonna have to take it overseas(Tokyo Dome, Wembly) something like that.

Guest TheSmarkzone

Who cares? Even if they only drew 35,000-40,000 they will make more than they would at an arena, and they can paper in the rest. They managed to fill the Hoosier/RCA Dome with over 50,000 in 1992...and that was when business was in the toilet.

Guest Just call me Dan

I could care less where it is held but I see the main event being either HHH vs RVD (heel nWo HHH)

or

Rock vs HHH, the last Wrestlemania main event headlined by this generations main eventers only

(Rock, Austin, Taker, HHH, etc)

Guest Jerome Drake
I don't want to go to dirty Mexico for WrestleMania.

Fuck you. I have mexican friends, you little racist punk.

Anyway Wrestlemania XIX, should be held in the Georgia Dome.

Main Event: The Rock Vs. Triple H, where The Rock goes over CLEAN to finally end their 6 year fued.

Guest Big Poppa Popick

Okay, here's the dillio

Once again as I reiterated earlier, as a semi-regular security guy at Georgia Dome, I've heard rumors galore about XIX being here in Atlanta.

Here's why Atlanta makes sense:

1) We had the last great Raw show, so every WWF fan is hot still

-July 9th, 2001 ECW Reunion

2) We easily sold out the Phillips Arena for the Royal Rumble, and that was considered a test-run for XIX. Atlanta was under heavy consideration for XVIII, but it was decided that the market was still unproven...They made a good choice in Toronto.

3) Easily, the Georgia Dome can be converted to house either 45,000 or 70,000. They will have to black out about 10,000 seats or so for stage setup, so that's why the number is down from 80,000. So right there the WWF has a sure-fire guarenteed sellout depending on what they think the market is.

4) Atlanta has always been a hot-bed of wrestling...Personally, I think Ric Flair's last great run ends at XIX, same for Hogan. Atlanta is by far a nostalgia city, and would make the most sense

5) Though not pertaining to Atlanta. XX is already going to be at MSG...It's been decided I think by WWE brass as I think I read that awhile ago.

6) I live less than 2 miles from the Georgia Dome, so you all want it here, because if XIX is here...I'm housing anyone that needs a place to crash for it...

Boo Ya

XIX in Atlanta Baby...Don't fight it, its the way life is :)

Guest Mattdotcom

If they do Atlanta, I could possibly go. It's only a few hours away...

Main Event: Something new and fresh (i.e. anything not involving HHH vs. Rock, Hogan, etc.)

Guest hhh6294

WWE neds to visit the HHH Metrodome in Minneapolis, MN for once... they have never gone there, and that place could easily seat about 80,000 or so, even if they had an entrance ramp...

As far as the main event... I'm feeling Chris Benoit and Booker T... that would rock the house if they did the stuff that WCW used to do with them.

Guest UltimateWarrior

I think the plan is to have Brock and Angle in the main event with Angle going over and to end Brock winning streak. I think they could do it in Toronto again because it would sell out again. Rock wont be in the main because he is going to film another movie.

Guest Choken One

Rock will surely be back for WM...If WWE was like it was in 1991...The whole Rock/Movie thing would be easier for him. He could have the Two months to make the movie...Have all his Weekend matches taped in one night for a month and the fans would never notice...but now he has to miss multiple ppv's and shows.

The HHH Metrodome would be interesting just for the name alone.

Guest Snappy Nappy Dugout

Tokyo Dome

C'mon, you guys know that well rule. And I think it will sellout.

ME: Um, Jericho Vs HHH. This time with Y2J being the face and HHH being the heel. And Jericho finally getting the clean win over HHH.