TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest 4Life

Jerry Lynn

Guest 4Life

Ross mentioned Jerry Lynn in his weekly report. This is interesting. Don't you think that now since Jerry Lynn is a part of the best wrestling around (X-division), Vince McMahon will try and steal him back from NWA? And is he under contract with NWA and if he is, for how long?

Guest Dangerous A

That is going to pose a problem if NWATNA can't lock these guys down contractually. If one of them gets over as a star and is not locked down, Vince will scoop them up with a bigger money deal. Only a real small few would be able to turn down Vince's dollars. That's the ruthless aggression that Vince was talking about.

Guest Nezbyte

I belive they all have non-exclusive contracts. So, WWE cant do that because the WWE contract is exclusive.

Guest TheDames7
I belive they all have non-exclusive contracts. So, WWE cant do that because the WWE contract is exclusive.

I'm pretty sure that if WWE signs any of them, they'll just drop all affiliations with other feds.

Dames

Guest jimmy no nose

If you have a non-exclusive contract and sign an exclusive one the non-exclusive one is pretty much dead. If the contract isn't exclusive you are still open to sign exclusivly with any other promotion.

Guest 4Life

Hm. You know I didn't think about it. If he is working for for ROH next week, that's gotta be a non-exclusive contract, right?

Guest Tony149

I think Jerry has most of the guys signed for a year or so. They're feel to work indies, but I doubt they could work for WWE.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

If I'm not mistaken...which I probably am...Lynn was one of the guys (along with Styles and a few others) who just resigned longer deals with TNA.

Lynn is the first guy that Vince SHOULD try and steal...the guy is going to be a superstar in TNA.

He (more than anyone) brings credability to the X-division and I predict his feud with Styles is going to be HUGE.

Whether it's big enough to make a company is the question.

I guess it comes down to if people want to see wrestling anymore.

Guest Vyce

At this point, I think it's all head games. It's just Vince trying to fuck with the competition.

Which should make EVERYONE here feel damn good, because apparently week 4 was SO damn good, and the response to the new promotion so positive, that it looks as if the WWE is looking at the NWA as competition, at least on some level.

I don't know the specifics of any of the wrestlers contracts....but if Jerry Jarrett is any kind of decent businessman (and I'm assuming he is, since he's been in the business for decades), he should have put some kind of clause into the NWA contract that the talent was NOT free to sign with the WWE. Hell, that's what I'd do. They want to work the indies - fine. Not for the Great Satan.

Guest Your Olympic Hero

Wait til Lynn turns into a megastar in TNA... as well as AJ Styles. THEN sign them.

Guest Nezbyte

I hope that Jerry Lynn realizes that Jerry and Jeff Jerret want him as a preformer and not just because of some other stupid reason.

I'm sure he does, he was spitting venom at WWE and ECW during his last ineterview.

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins

But you got to think, would Jerry Lynn even resign with the WWE? They misused him so bad, he probably wouldnt even bother with them again.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

That's a good question.

I know I read that AJ Styles said he is a loyal guy and will stick with TNA no matter what (because Jerry is giving him a real good push and trusting him as much as anyone with the success of the company)

I don't know about Lynn...I can't imagine he'd be thrilled to return...but money is money

Guest J*ingus

Well, for what it's worth, I've heard rumors that Lynn is booking the X Division, and I know for certain that he lives in Tennessee now, so it looks like he's seriously planted himself in the NWA's camp.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

That's good.

If the X Division helps launch TNA...you can bet that Vince will want to use the cruisers (not that it would do much good with the damn WWE style)

If that happens though...I bet we'll find out...as Vince will come calling on Jerry Lynn.

Guest BigTim2002

Styles HAS said, however, that two or three years down the road, when he is ten times better than he is now (SCARY FUCKING THOUGHT THERE), then he'd go to the WWE. Let's hope that's still around...

Guest Human Fly

The funny thing is WWE has had numerous chances at Styles and Lynn and passed on them, or flat out misused and released them. I'm glad that those choices are being made to look idiotic. I've always been a big fan of Lynn and I'm glad he's finally getting used somewhere.

Guest the 1inch punch

Personally I dont like Styles, he turned down a developmental deal a while ago because he felt it was beneath him.

Lynn on the other hand hates Vince, JR , RVD, Heyman, etc

How do you not like AJ Styles and I doubt Lynn hates RVD....

Guest the 1inch punch

He does hate RVD, mainly because of Rvd constantly going over in their feud, despite him bein a stoner and everything

Honestly, I just dont get the big deal with Styles

Guest The Son of Sting

Jerry Lynn had a shoot interview in power slam magazine (UK) and slated the WWF and said he wouldent go back there. He also said he likes RVD and also Rob is his favourite oppenent. Lots of other stuff as well, pretty good interview.

300 WHOOOOOOO

Thanks Spike

No problem?

WHOOOOOOOOOOOO

My sig is long, but rules all

Guest J*ingus
Personally I dont like Styles, he turned down a developmental deal a while ago because he felt it was beneath him.

No, it was because they offered him so little money (about $500 a week) that it wasn't worth uprooting and moving to Cincinnati. Plus his wife's still in college in Georgia, and he didn't want to be separated from her.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Jingus beat me to it...but yeah...Styles turned it down because he didn't want to move to Ohio with his wife down south.

That and he would make less money to live somewhere he didn't want to be then he would by working indy dates.

The WWE dropped the ball...not Styles

Guest dreamer420

i would rather see jerry lynn back in the wwe so i can see him on a regular basis. the nwa isn't available in my area and jerry lynn is the main reason i want to see that fed.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

yeah...but how often did you see him when he was in the WWE?

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

yeah...but how often did you see him when he was in the WWE?

Guest Trivia247

I doubt it, every time they hired Jerry Lynn they fired him off shortly, Jerry was WWF wrestler a number of times and each time he was carted off. There is just unsaid and unseen in the WWF that dislike Lynn.

Guest TheyCallMeMark
He does hate RVD, mainly because of Rvd constantly going over in their feud, despite him bein a stoner and everything

Jerry Lynn did an interview on PileDriver! awhile ago after he got fired froM WWF and he said his favourite feud he was ever part of was the one with RVD, and he thought RVD was a good person and a great worker and was being unfairly screwed by Vince because Vince didn't want him to get over. His words, not mine.