TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Jeremy Borash's newest "from the inside column"

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Or you can just read it here:

Coming off another strong week of NWA TNA, the evolution of our product and company continues. The effort put into making this a success has been amazing, and those involved are putting in incredible hours and tremendous personal sacrifice to bring you our product. We hope that you continue to hold us to the highest of standards, and support our efforts if we meet your needs as a wrestling fan.

The Russo/Jarrett writing team continues to evolve, and is moving towards a happy co-existence in styles. They will continue to listen to the voice of our fans, and act accordingly.

The Jerry Lynn/AJ Styles feud has already become a very compelling storyline, and will continue to be a must-see segment on the show. This week will be no exception. Mike Tenay will apparently have a sit down with both of them this Wednesday night, and they will defend the belts against the Flying Elvis’.

In our continuing efforts to expose the world to new and exciting talent, this coming Wednesday night we will introduce the wrestling world to an incredible prospect named “Red” to the X-Division, part of the northeast region’s Spanish Announce Team. Red and Low Ki will open this Wednesday night’s TNA show.

A lot of people will be talking about our move to the Nashville Fairgrounds, which starts next week. We are moving for a number of reasons, first and foremost are the conflicts that would interfere with keeping our show live on Wednesday nights, including a P.O.D. concert later in the month. Secondly, the Fairgrounds do not require us to use union staff, which will save an incredible amount of the cost of the production. That building is probably one of the most historic wrestling buildings in the country, as the Rock, Hogan, Flair, Austin, and just about every name you’ve heard of has performed there. I think a smaller, louder crowd will be best for the product. As a fan, I have never experienced the magic like I’ve seen at shows in venues like the ECW arena, the Manhattan Center, and even the first Nitro at the Mall of America. Hopefully, this will have a similar feel.

In another “only in this business” moment…

This last Wednesday, I hosted a post-show birthday party, yes… another year older and another year wiser for ol’ JB … and had a wild night with cast of interesting characters from NWA TNA. The highlight of the evening was Puppet having to talk a very intoxicated and shirtless Meatball out of getting completely naked on the bar. Seeing drunken midgets running around out of control is both disturbing and strangely entertaining. Life is grand.

It's interesting to see Eric Bischoff return. The Bisch is a fellow Minnesotan; in fact we went to the same high school. A lot of talk about his return being “Russo’s idea,” which I think is irrelevant. The real measure of impact will solely be determined by the effectiveness of the storyline he is placed in. If WWE treats Bischoff like they treated the rest of WCW, he is in trouble. However, either way Eric always seems to land on his feet. I enjoyed working for him in WCW, and wish him the best of luck.

By the way, Russo has been making it clear to anyone who will listen that idea for the GM of their UPN show was DEFINITELY not his.

Speaking of the Bischoff return, many were shocked to see him. I wasn’t at all. The business has burned nearly all remaining “throwback” angles it has left, and this was just another you can scratch off of your list. Look at what we’ve seen in the last year, with the exception of the inevitable return of Goldberg, there are really not any big shocker angles left to emerge from the ashes of wrestling’s “boom era,” which is just more proof that the business will once again have to reinvent itself to enjoy the popularity it once had.

I believe the wrestling business, as a whole needs one thing to regain the millions of viewers it has lost in the last 16 months, and that is competition. As a fan, there was never a more exciting time watch this business. The Monday night wars did more for the popularity of wrestling than any angle, any name, or any event that has ever come along in the wrestling business. Competition breeds excellence. Whether it is our organization, or another startup that comes along, it ultimately is what is best for the economy of the wrestling business.

Goldylocks has certainly been getting a cult following on the internet. She continues to make great strides every week.

Sabu turned out to be a great surprise this past Wednesday night. I’ve always been a big fan of the “lights out” appearance of a surprise wrestler, and Sabu was perfect. I’m amazed when people say, “he’s not what he once was.” Really? No shit. The guy should be a damn wheel chair for the strides he has gone to entertain the fans, and the simple fact he can still have an amazing match after all of these years should put him in a category of his own. He is still more enjoyable to watch and takes a better bump than almost anyone.

TNA Saturday morning on UPN in Nashville has really picked up steam. Bert Prentice and I host the show every week, and has given the chance for new NWA TNA talent like Chris Daniels, Monty Brown, and many others to get interview time. The show is shot backstage every Wednesday, and also features matches we tape prior to going live in the arena. The show airs every Saturday morning at 9am in Nashville.

And now… your moment of “In this Corner” Zen…

Sometimes we should just keep our mouths shut and not express an opinion either way. My wife once asked as we were leaving the house, if I liked her new dress. I said yes, if we were going to a Halloween costume party. She didn't speak to me during dinner that night.

-Jerry Jarrett (post on wrestlingclassics.com message board)

Jerry Jarrett also recently stated in a post there something to the effect of working out the problems from within… Somewhat cryptic yes, but there have been some amazing things happening behind the scenes. Sometimes the worst enemies you can have play on the same team.

Don’t forget to tune into Babylon 167 on XM radio Thursday’s at 5:15pm. You’ll hear a great NWA TNA update, and a “From the Inside” preview!

Monty Brown will be returning to NWA TNA, along with the debut of Ian Harrison. Harrison comes to us most recently from the XWF.

If the rumors of Mike Sanders getting his release are true, I am sure he will be looked at by NWA TNA. He is a very talented guy.

Met up with good friend Billy Idol recently in Las Vegas. Idol is a huge wrestling fan and gets tapes of NWA TNA sent to him. Idol, not exactly being the most tactful of friends in my circle, described the X-Division as “f*cking amazing.” I’ll have the pictures back from our night out. If any of them are suitable for public viewing, I’ll put them up here next week.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Chris Champion of NWA Main Event Wrestling, who suffered a stroke and is in critical care. Our best wishes go out to Chris.

Thursday will be viewer feedback day on NWATNA.com. We are looking to hear your thoughts on the following: Best match, worst match, show MVP, and best moment. Send your feedback to [email protected]

That is all for this week from the inside!

Jeremy Borash

[email protected]

Guest Downhome
By the way, Russo has been making it clear to anyone who will listen that idea for the GM of their UPN show was DEFINITELY not his.

Even though I LOVED Smackdown, that statement right there just cracked me up, lol. I'll comment on the rest of this column shortly, I just had to say that real quick. :):):)

Guest Downhome
Jerry Jarrett also recently stated in a post there something to the effect of working out the problems from within… Somewhat cryptic yes, but there have been some amazing things happening behind the scenes. Sometimes the worst enemies you can have play on the same team.

What the f*ck does that mean I wonder? Hmmm, I hope they are having problems with Russo, I really the hell do!

Guest Downhome
TNA Saturday morning on UPN in Nashville has really picked up steam. Bert Prentice and I host the show every week, and has given the chance for new NWA TNA talent like Chris Daniels, Monty Brown, and many others to get interview time. The show is shot backstage every Wednesday, and also features matches we tape prior to going live in the arena. The show airs every Saturday morning at 9am in Nashville.

As for that, on Dish Network we have, I COULD order the Nashville local channels and get that, I just might do it!

Guest Downhome

By the way, I just love Jeremy Borash for some reason, I've always loved to hear what he has to say, and read what he writes. I think I'm one of the only guys like that though, so I'm a rarity!

Guest Downhome
The Russo/Jarrett writing team continues to evolve, and is moving towards a happy co-existence in styles. They will continue to listen to the voice of our fans, and act accordingly.

I sure hope they listen, as I emailed them and voiced MY opinion in terms of how dissapointed I was in this past show.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

"If the rumors of Mike Sanders getting his release are true, I am sure he will be looked at by NWA TNA. He is a very talented guy. "

This is my favorite part.

THE RUMORS ARE TRUE!!!!!

BRING ME MIKE SANDERS!!!!!

The exposure that Cubano will give you will be worth it alone!!!!!!

Guest J*ingus
As for that, on Dish Network we have, I COULD order the Nashville local channels and get that, I just might do it!

As it is right now, don't. The shows so far have been almost entirely highlights from the PPV broadcasts, without much extra stuff. I'll chime in again tomorrow after I see this week's show.

Guest Nezbyte

Jeesus, Downhome, dont reply about a million times!

WE WANT SANDERS!

Come on, Jerry, keep the good up and weed out Russo's SHIT, PLEASE.