Should we just cancel Storm?

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should we just cancel Storm?

• Yes
    • No

Guest Tyler McClelland

As of right now, I have recieved...

ONE MATCH

Maybe we should just cancel the show and start anew next week. It's not worth putting up a bunch of no-shows just to have the show up there.

Guest Thoth

I think it should be posted.  I know this flies in the face of a lot of logic, but we need to get back into old habits.  And that means posting shows.

Let's just see how other markers fare.

Guest El Luchadore Magnifico

Hmmmm, I dunno...while it might be a problem getting this show together, there are a lot of important matches on the card, and I'm sure everyone worked hard on their stuff.

I'm gonna say no on this one.

Guest HVilleThugg

I think that this show is just going to be too hard to put together...I think we should just make this IGNite (or whatever the new name's gonna be) and have the show on Friday.  I think that'll give eveyrone a chance to get over here and get situated with everything before having to write a match.

For instance, Grand Slam has already said that he probably won't have a match done, and I just started my match about 30 minutes ago because I was moving to New ORleans this weekend.  I know the both of us didn't write when we heard about the IGN shit, and I'm sure we're not the only ones.  I mean, there's a good shot (like 70%) chance that we're going to double no show the main event, and that would suck.  Unfortunately, I know there was nothing I could do about it, and I'm sure the same goes for Mark.  

There are a lot of important matches on this card, and it shouldn't be thrown away.  I think think it should be on Friday instead of today, giving everyone an equal chance to write competitive matches.

I'm going to keep writing until I hear otherwise.  But I know mine is looking like it's going to get done around 11 or 12 EST, or 8 or 9 IGN Board Time.

Da "not thinking it'll be fair if either I or Mark lose by default" H

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Don't cancel it, but postpone it to Friday.

Keep the card the same, but let's have it Friday, either as Storm, or as Smarkdown, moving Storm to the Monday show.  Thugg and Grand Slam have well-documented their problems, and I doubt King has gotten around to his match yet either.  Same with Neilsen, who I don't think has even signed up here yet.  That's the top two matches on the card empty, and it's silly to put them up.

People can start cutting promos, but I think it'd be worse to put up a nearly empty show than to just wait and let people finish it out.  We can push a PPV back as far as we need since they're on no definite schedule, and the JL will have a show up Wednesday, so it shan't be that bad.  

Them's my 2 cents.

Guest BA_Baracus

PROMO (Stubby P. McWeed);

"It's postponed until tomorrow.

That means if you haven't written anything or are sitting on your asses hoping it will be cancelled, forget it!

You'll have had *9* days to write.  Most IGNites you only got *2* days and for PPVs you only got 6!

Yes, we were distraced for a couple days there, but I've said many times that this show was going ahead and your crap about not being able to write doesn't fly.  Somehow people have managed to write hundreds of matches for this fed over the weekend with *far* less time, so quit bitching, put the finishes on you matches and send them in!

Oh...and if you have Andrea for a marker send your stuff to me instead.

Mothernature says and that's that..."

Guest Suicide King

OK.  Tomorrow by noon I can do, without a single solitary problem.  That is, I personally feel, more than eminently reasonable.

Guest Smeghead42

My account is still messed up, so I can't vote in this poll.  I guess it doesn't matter anyway, since Stubby has already decided that the show will go on tomorrow whether we like it or not.  But I'll voice my opinion anyway, as I really have nothing better to do at the moment.  (Sad, isn't it?)

Personally, I want the show to go on.  I don't have a problem with postponing the show, but cancelling it wouldn't be fair to those people who did write matches (I'm assuming Strangler and myself weren't the only ones).  Like Stubby said, we've had 9 days.  Maybe we should subtract a few days, due to the slap in the face we got from Snowball.  We'll say...3.  Yeah, 3 days should've been enough recovery time.  So 9 - 3 is...6 days.  That's still a lot of time.  We usually have half of that for our shows.  (Man, no matter how many times it happens, agreeing with Stubby still seems weird.)

I'd rather have a show filled with 1000 word matches than have no show at all.  At leats it'd be something to get us going again.  A bunch of short matches won't hurt us that much.  Hell, the WWF does it all the time, and they're doing well.