TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Season 7

Guest Kagato Otaku

Well, this is just... neat.

I'd of liked to see Angelus in the morphing Big-Bad sequence too, but I can go without. Mayor Wilkins was there, and Mayor Wilkins owns you all, despite his aspirations to become a large demon-snake. But we're not gonna go there.

And I'm surprised how much I missed Glory, now that I saw her in that last bit. I seem to remember her annoying the everloving fuck out of me during season five. Nostalgia is weird that way.

Adam looked way different. Definitely the same guy, but not the same suit. There must be no barbers in Hell, 'cause homeboy's hair was outta control. Nice seeing him again though. I always felt Adam was a little unappreciated. His arc was stupid (and spawned Riley Finn) but the actor played him far better than the character deserved.

Mayor Wilkins then graced us with his presence, and I wish there was some way to bring him back permanently. I miss that guy. Drusilla showed up, but I really didn't care. Never been much of a Dru mark.

The Master was the last "Big Bad" to show (not counting Buffy). Poor Master. Only given 12 eps to work his magic in the original and even back then, wasn't in all of 'em. Now he only lives on in hallucinations, wish-worlds, and "Angel" flashbacks. Poor, poor Master.

As for why they were all there...you got me. If I had to pick a culprit, I'd say it was The First, since it used something similar to screw with Angel's head in "Amends". Likely it's something totally different though, since no one's heard from The First after that episode.

Guest Youth N Asia

6. Season 6...VERY weak start...finally picked up at the end.

5. Season 1...NOT that I dislike 1...but the show's just gotten so much better since

4. Season 5...not much to say really

3. Season 4...I know I'm alone on this one.

2. Season 3...come on, THE MAYOR!!!!

1. Season 2...a no brainer

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

By season 3 I was completely burned out on Angel/Buffy after the AWESOME blowoff at the end of season 2.

Plus...as much fun as Faith is to look at...I really hated her. I still don't get her heel turn and the Mayor just rubs me the wrong way.

I can't think of one episode outside of Earshot that makes me think of season 3 as something great.

Bear in mind...I don't really hate any of the seasons...I just thought 3 and 4 were the weakest.

Guest Youth N Asia

"The Wish" From season 3 is one of my all time favorite episodes. "Amends" was good, the only real Christmas episdoe they've done. And I liked the "Graduation Day" episodes.

Granted...Faith's turn didn't make a lot of sense...but the Mayor just kicked ass.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Ooh...I liked the ending of the Wish.

Anya: "What makes you think that the next world is any better than this one"

Giles: "Because it has to be"

Or something like that.

Guest Ozymandias

It's a powerful morphing demon.

It hung around Spike because he's a) still powerful, and b) easily malleable in his current state.

Glad to see so many folk representin' for The Mayor. Best villian EVER. I hadn't heard about his cameo, so I nearly orgasmed (in a hetero way) when he appeared. BUCKO!

Youth N Asia you aren't alone, Season 4 owned.

I'm just glad that none of the cameo's were credited in the opening because I remember watching Becoming Part Two and seeing Robia La Morte's name in the credits and thinking "well, THAT spoils any surprise they'll give us"

Dames

Guest Youth N Asia

I got bored so I went flipping through the old Buffy thread...someone said that they weren't having a big bad last year and were going to build to the ultimate big bad this year.

The way Willow reacted about the Hellmouth and the ending to this episode really leads you to believe that it could happen this year....AND I DO NOT WANT ANY SPOILERS!!! Please, if anyone has spoilers keep em out of this thread, I'm geeked for season 7.

How long till you think the beans get spilled on Spike's soul?

Guest Youth N Asia
I'm just glad that none of the cameo's were credited in the opening because I remember watching Becoming Part Two and seeing Robia La Morte's name in the credits and thinking "well, THAT spoils any surprise they'll give us"

AGREED!

Although, I love how in season 6 they didn't have Tara in the opening credits...and when they finally added her she dies in that very episode...classic!

Guest Ozymandias

Dames

Jenny Calendar appears in Becoming Part 2??!!!

Thanks A LOT.

Douche. :P

Guest Kagato Otaku
I love how in season 6 they didn't have Tara in the opening credits...and when they finally added her she dies in that very episode...classic!

Really? I always thought that was a huge cop out. Anyone who pays any kind of attention to the credits is going to notice something suspect. I sure did.

Guest Ozymandias

They added Marsters and Blucas to the credits half-way through Season 4, so most folks probably didn't sense that something was up.

Guest Youth N Asia

Not really...they didn't have Riley in the season 4 credits right away...and Oz wasn't in the season 3 credits from the start...I think anyway.

They kinda hurt season 3 when they put Angel in the opening credits to start.

Although, I love how in season 6 they didn't have Tara in the opening credits...and when they finally added her she dies in that very episode...classic!

I didn't notice that. I don't know why, but it felt like the credits were missing something tonight....too short.

I believe that Oz was in the credits for all of season 3.

Dames

Guest Ozymandias

Oz was there from the start of Season 3. Putting Angel there in the credits from the first ep of the season was nauseating. Luckily they figured it out for Season 4.

Guest Youth N Asia
Well, Angel the show started then, so he wasn't supposed to be in Season 4.

I don't think he meant Angel...maybe Riley...

Hell, normally, I could stay up all night in a thread like this...but i need some sleep.

Laterz

Guest Kagato Otaku

True, but all of those guys were given a credit at least by midseason. When you've got a character who finally gets a spot in the third to last episode, it strikes me as odd.

Ms. Calendar's death was pulled off VERY well, without resorting to "We can kill any main character at any time" theatrics. It kinda ruins it for me.

And Angel appearing in Season 3's credits was deeply stupid. If there was anytime to be cute with the opening, *that* was it.

Guest Ozymandias

No, I meant about not having cast members join the opening credits until they were established as regulars first (Spike, Riley) or getting rid of someone until they were GONE (Oz).

Ms. Calendar's death was pulled off VERY well, without resorting to "We can kill any main character at any time" theatrics. It kinda ruins it for me.

That confuses me....you say that it was pulled off, yet it ruins it for you. Explain that a little better.

Do you notice how those in the "Guest Starring" credits who happen to be regulars get killed off? Besides the Big Bads, you've got Kristine Sutherland, Amber Benson, Robia La Morte, etc. I'm sure there's more.

Dames

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Can I just add that when Spike had all the cuts on his chest and Buffy asked him what he'd done...

Him saying "I tried to cut it out" was just liek the greatest line ever.

I think this is just so interesting, because when we met Angel, he had already had his soul for at least 100 years. If they're going the Angel route with Spike, we'll see him deal with getting his soul, which we never truly got to see with Angel.

Dames

Guest Ozymandias

Its different though, because Angel was already a drunken whoremeister when he was vamped, but Spike was still very prissy and sensitive (he made Season 3 Wesley look butch), so it'll be a MUCH harsher adjustment for him.

Guest Kagato Otaku

Apologies. I was comparing Ms. Calendar's demise to Tara's, in that they didn't resort to puting Robia La Morte's name in the opening credits in the particular ep that she died. But even then, "Passion" wasn't at the very tail end of the season like "Villains" was, so conceivably it could of worked there.

Supporting characters kick the bucket all the time, so I don't quite get your point there. Are you saying that Tara's death is more shocking, now that she's *suddenly* a main character? Maybe if she had been given that credit, say, three or four episodes prior, it wouldn't be near as suspect. But in the context in which it was used, it wasn't nearly as effective as it might have (should have) been.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I consider the fact that she had been on the show...every show...for so long that she was a main character.

She was intricate to plots and given a roll ro play every week.

I don't care who has their name in the opening and who doesn't.

Tara was a main character.

Supporting characters kick the bucket all the time, so I don't quite get your point there. Are you saying that Tara's death is more shocking, now that she's *suddenly* a main character?

No, i wasn't really making a point, more like "think about that". Kristine Sutherland was in almost every damn episode in the first 2 seasons of Buffy, yet never got a main credit. Spike was put into the credits midway of Season 4, yet Eliza Dushku never got a main credit in Season 3, did she? I don't remember.

Dames

Guest LaParkaMarka
Do you notice how those in the "Guest Starring" credits who happen to be regulars get killed off? Besides the Big Bads, you've got Kristine Sutherland, Amber Benson, Robia La Morte, etc. I'm sure there's more.

Dames

So does that means Giles is going to die this season? Screw that. Giles should be the main villian somehow. Yes, I know, that would suck and it wouldn't make any sense at all.

I would like to add that the episode where Giles went all demony is one of my fav Buffy eps ever.

So does that means Giles is going to die this season? Screw that. Giles should be the main villian somehow. Yes, I know, that would suck and it wouldn't make any sense at all.

I would like to add that the episode where Giles went all demony is one of my fav Buffy eps ever.

I wonder if The Watcher went anywhere in England and if it has anything to do with Buffy.

I loved that episode but I can't remember if it was in Season 4 or 5.

Dames

Guest LaParkaMarka

I wonder if The Watcher went anywhere in England and if it has anything to do with Buffy.

I loved that episode but I can't remember if it was in Season 4 or 5.

Dames

Yeah, I've been wondering that too...it sounds like it could have been a decent spinoff.

Riley was in the ep, so I guess it was season 4. That was the Riley season, right?

Sign in to follow this