TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Season 7

Guest Youth N Asia

I guess we all took a pass on replying to last week's episode...maybe that's for the best...

I kinda liked the one tonight, although it seemed to go by real quick and not much happened...I could have done without the shitty acting of the Home Improvement boy though...I really liked the chick character, although they killed her...

Two weeks in a row now that they didn't off some chick in the beginning of the show...and they haven't followed up on the cool shit that ended with first episode yet...and they never got back to who laid out the talisman in the 2nd episode.

Next week looks great though...Buffy vs Anya...and as we all know, Anya kicks ass.

Reply!

Guest Cavi

I enjoyed tonight's episode. I liked the scene with Willow visiting Tara's grave. They didn't really have time to mourn her death much at the end of last season, so this was a start. I know Ms. Benson is set on doing something on the show this year, though I don't know what that may be, nor do I want to know at this point in time (I try to avoid spoilers like the plague).

Spike overcoming his chip to beat the crap out of that guy was cool and scary, at the same time. And with that chick saying to him that "She will tell you" (I'm assuming Buffy)...I'm hyped to see what this all leads to.

Next week's show looks to be awesome. I'm such a mark for flashbacks, no less an Anya one!

Guest Kingpk

Has any other season of Buffy lay this thick a layer of foreshadowing?

I'm really intrigued at how this season will progress.

The girl tonight kind of looked like a young Amy Prohler to me.

I wonder if Willow will ever make amends with Warren's mom, like it was suggested in the old Buffy thread. Next week's looks GREAT....and it will be funny.

Dames

Guest LaParkaMarka

Line of the night:

Principal - "Back where I'm from, people take that kind of thing pretty seriously."

Buffy - "The hood?"

Principal - "...Beverly Hills."

Have I said how much I enjoy the principal character yet? Cuz he rules.

And I thought the Home Improvement guy wasn't all that bad in his role. Not a bad ep, but not really a great ep. It did do it's job of establishing Buffy at her job though, which is good. So thumbs slightly up.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

I was all over this one. Best ep of the season so far--I know a lot of people are probably POed that we haven't returned to super-funny Sunnydale yet, but I'm really, really liking the effective slow-burn of character development. No one's moving particularly fast, but I feel like really every one of the main characters is slowly developing.

Standalone, I loved this episode, because it wasn't typical Monster of the Week stuff. After last week's blowfest with Willow's return, it was nice to see everyone's stories get furthered while dealing with a vaguely supernatural but still human problem.

Also, Dawn has developed into quite the scorchcake. Pretty soon we'll be able to lump her in with the rest of the gorgeous female cast. Zenga!

And LaParkaMarka's right: Principal Wood is the bomb. I fear that the bad for this season's going to eat him or something, though. He's just too darn likable.

Guest Kingpk

Bit off topic, but The Valentines Day episode was on FX tonight. The one where Xander casts a spell on Cordelia that makes every woman in Sunnydale fall in love with him.

That has to be one of the best episodes in my (fairly short) Buffy viewing.

Guest Youth N Asia

Just wait till you get to "Hush" in season 4..

I still think the first ep of the season was the best one so far. Dawn's still to annoying to me featured as much as she is, she is growing nicely though.

They gotta make the new principal evil somehow...THEY GOTTA, it could be perfect, they build him up for weeks and weeks as a nice guy, then they drop him as the big bad somehow, his office is over the hellmouth after all.

It'd be great, Buffy would be working for the guy and she'd have no clue, he could keep an eye on her at all times, THAT's why she was given the job.

My theory anyway

Guest Ripper

I liked the episode alot, but the second ep is still the best to me because of that kick ass ending. We will all over look the third show(it wasn't horrible but just kinda there...and it did have some funny ass lines from Spike).

I loved the girl that this ep was about. She did a wonderful job acting and that speech about how much she wanted to live was heartbreaking. Almost as heartbreaking as when Spike asked Buffy not to leave him...

It was a sad episode and I like how they have kept alittle of the dark vibe of season 6 (which I still say kicked ass from begaining to end) and didn't go all fluffy season one on me(the worst season IMO).

And I think everyone is hating on Dawn because they are used to it...She has been very cool this season...not whiney, and yes, she has turned to quite a hottie. I liked her character in season 5...she was a real 14 year old. They didn;t know what to do with her in season 6 so they made her whine alot, which I hated. But this year, she is showing a lot of maturity...Sort of like a season one Buffy character...with out all the overidentifying that Buffy did.

Guest Cavi

I agree Ripper in that the second ep has been my favorite thus far. I have watched that final scene quite a few times over now, and I'm still in awe of Marsters.

Anyway, I wonder when Andrew and Jonathan are going to show back up. I hope we see some of Clem again this season as well. I got a kick out of him.

Ohhh, I almost forgot about Harmony. I remember reading an interview with Mercedes in Buffy magazine earlier this year, in which she said that she was coming back at the end of Season Six. That didn't pan out, so maybe she will show up in the near future.

Guest Youth N Asia

Yeah, Clem's good...he's no Skip though (from Angel).

And I have good reason to still dislike Dawn...I just don't like how she went from whiney brat to all mature all of a sudden, they should have started turning her around last season and it would be a little more believeable this year. She simply cannot be the focal point of the show next year if it comes to that. Cause if nohting else...she isn't a Slayer

Guest suckfreecomix

But the slayers blood runs through her veins...

oh...they will find a way.

Blast them

Guest Kagato Otaku
Yeah, I'm sure they'll find a way...they always do. Friggin Key!

Gah. Stupid balls of green energy, always pushing their way to the front of the line. Where's a hell-god when you need one?

Guest Youth N Asia

Now I can agree with this guy!

Wouldn't that have been great if at the end of season 5 when Buffy was about to jump you...

Dawn: "But you can't..."

Buffy: "...you're right..."

Then she chucks Dawn into that energy thing. I would have been marking out non stop.

They should have kept Doc alive by the way...he could have made an interesting bad guy.

Guest Rabbi_wilson13

Principal Wood is a slick and funny character, set right in the Mr. Trick mold. I'd love to see him be the morphing big bad, or at least head cronie.

This was a really great episode with a lot of foreshadowing, though Two may beat it just because of James' acting at the end. Too bad this is Buffy, and not on HBO or "West Wing", or he'd be in line for an Emmy shot.

Next week looks really groovy. Anya vs. Buffy leading to who knows where. Woo woo.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Just watching the Re-runs of the Glory saga, and I am still sure of it - Best season ever.

Guest Youth N Asia

Come on fella...you know damn well 2 is the best...it's law...

After that you're allowed to have an opinion on what you think the 2nd best season is...I say 3

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

5 doesn't work for me because i have absolutely no emotional attachment to Dawn whatsoever.

Unlike season 2...where emotions run high, I tell ya.

Guest Youth N Asia

Yeah...Dawn kept season 5 from being the 2nd best ever...I rank it behind 4 actually, although I am the only Adam mark here.

Guest Kagato Otaku
I rank it behind 4 actually, although I am the only Adam mark here.

Liar.

Guest Ripper

Season Five had the greatest run of shows in the...um...shows history..(that just doesn't sound right for some reason)

The shows from the Body-The Gift...all were VERY good episodes or GREAT episodes.

Season Two.. you would get some amazing shows and then they would break up the greatness with Go Fish or something like that. Its like that for most of the seasons...but season 5....ooohhhh season five. ANd Dawn had a kick ass character in season 5. She was a regular 14 year old who was haveing to deal with the fact she wasn't real, her mother dying and being the thing that would bring the world to a end. Dawns character sucked to all hell in season six when it basically consisted of her whineing alot.

Season 5 and 2 are almost a tie to me....almost. It is VERY VERY close. I think 5 had more great shows, but the Great shows in season 2 were amoung the greatest in episodic television history...Innocence, Passion, Only have Eyes for You, Becoming 1 & 2... i will put those episodes up against anything. Season 5 Had The Body(my personal fav of all time) The Gift...and that Kick ass origin of Spike episode...and GLORY the Best of the Big Bads if it weren't for that non acting pussy that played Ben(Wilkens and Angel are tied for number one just because of that fucking guy).

I don't think its blashemy to call season 5 the best...now to call season 4 better than 5, we have some issues. :) Anything with that much Riley(the reason Season 4 wasn't incredible was just too much Buffy/Riley and not giving the other characters enough shine.) From Hush on in, the Season 4 was so so (except for Superstar, the Faith 2 parter, and Restless those shows whooped some ass.)

Guest Youth N Asia

1. I've only seen The Body once, that one hit a little too close to home for me and I had a hard time finishing it the first time.

2. Next to the musical "Hush" is the best episode ever!

3. Where the hell have you been Ripper?

Guest Kagato Otaku

"Dawn" and "kick-ass character" should never...NEVER be used in the same sentence except if I were to say:

"And then this kick-ass new character showed up and began kicking the snot out of that whiny little brat Dawn."

Guest RavishingRickRudo

The great thing about season five is that all the epsodes mattered. They all were interconnected in someway and sorta all came to focus in the finale.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

The Body hit close to home for me too. In fact, I had pretty much the exact same experience.

What always amazed me about that episode is how eerily accurate everything felt.

Joss Whedon is one crazy and talented dude.

Guest Cavi

I'm a huge fan of Season Five. It's probably my favorite. Fool For Love, The Body, Forever, The Gift - those are right at or near the top of my list (The Gift being my all time favorite). I was just watching Intervention the other night. I forgot how much I enjoyed Buffybot. When she mispronounces Giles' name and "But you should see him naked. I mean, really [when talking about Spike]), good stuff. The Bob Barker part in that episode is also hilarious. The ending is awesome, as well.

Guest Ripper

holy continuity!!! Tonights show was just a ode to all of the longterm fans and closed some open ends that were seasons old ( Willow and the tailisman, Xander and the lie he told Buffy about Angel) it all kicked ass.

Yeah, the show rocked. IT ROCKED!!! I will go into dept more later about how it rocked and in how many different ways it rocked....But it ROCKED.

Sign in to follow this