TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jobber of the Week

[PC] The countdown is on?

Guest areacode212

FUCK, I can't get to any gaming site from work, so I can't access that link.

I assume this is the big Blizzard announcement?!? Holy shit, I can't believe it's finally coming. Damn, this is sweet!!!!!!!!!

Guest Jobber of the Week

Basically, there's an image believed to be a Terran Ghost (but who really knows) that has gotten slightly more visible every hour, along with a Java applet countdown that occasionally blinks blue for one second. Turning these seconds into letters (1 = A, 2 = B, 3 = C, etc) has brought out encrypted messages, mostly the Ghost quotations.

At one point, everyone got excited and then let down by this:

(one hour)

BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT IS PROUD TO PRESENT

(everyone locks their doors and stares at the ticking clock, writing down the seconds that blink. Next hour: )

ROCK & ROLL RACING II

(next hour: )

JUST KIDDING.

Guest Jobber of the Week

Okay. With less than 90 minutes to go, the messages so far have been:

IM HERE

SOMEBODY CALL FOR AN EXTERMINATOR

CALL THE SHOT

IM ALL OVER IT

NEVER KNOW WHAT HIT EM

IM ABOUT TO OVERLOAD MY AGGRESSION INHIBITORS

BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT IS PROUD TO ANNOUNCE

ROCK AND ROLL RACING II

JUST KIDDING

NOT MUCH LONGER NOW

YOU CALLED DOWN THE THUNDER NOW REAP THE WHIRLWIND

Guest chirs3

THE PAGE IS OUT! I'm getting errors, 404 or 401 or something, and the countdown's still got 8 minutes to go (if I timed it right)!!!!!

Anyone else having this problem?!

Guest areacode212

Here's a rumor from Infoceptor that I hope isn't true:

Rumor from Tokyo - Deathwing @ 11:53:19 EDT

Gamers.com has written this brief report claiming that rumors have leaked from Tokyo, stating that the unannounced project is for a console game, and will be similar in style to Metal Gear Solid.

For those that do not know, Metal Gear Solid is a third person shooter that is based on stealth and tactics, which would much a Ghost quite well. However in opinion, this rumor is no more than an educated guess.

Blizzard knows that it gained its popularity and fun base from its PC Market, and hence would be rather foolish to make a Console Only Game. They could however, quite possibly, develop a game that supports both PC and Console.

Guest El Psycho Diablo

Today at the Tokyo Game Show Blizzard Entertainment announced its newest product under development, StarCraft: Ghost. In this 3D tactical-action console game set in the legendary StarCraft universe, players will take the role of Nova, a lethal Ghost operative trained in the arts of espionage and tactical combat.

As a Terran Ghost, Nova will employ an amazing array of physical and psionic abilities. Nova will also have access to a host of hi-tech weapons and vehicles, some of which will be familiar to players of StarCraft and Brood War.

Check out the official announcement in our latest press release. You can also see more of Nova, her adversaries, and some of the interactive 3D environments that she'll be infiltrating at our new StarCraft: Ghost Web site.

Guest areacode212

Well, this fucking sucks. I can't believe they teased something on Starcraft2.com and it wasn't Starcraft 2. It's not even a FUCKING PC game!!!

Guest Jobber of the Week

Bah. It will sell. It's also being developed by a the Vampire The Masquerade people.

That DOES leave Blizzard open to doing other projects, although I suspect they'll probably want to do a whole new universe before doing SC again. =/

Guest areacode212

Weren't the Vampire: The Masquerade guys the same developers who worked on the first Jedi Knight?

It's just disappointing that Blizzard's two most recently-announced games are a) titles that I have no intention of buying, and b) not Starcraft 2. There's no way that I'm paying a monthly fee for an MMORPG. And I could live with Starcraft: Ghost if it were coming out for the PC as well, since I love the SC universe and I think it'd be cool to play a Starcraft-related game that isn't an RTS. But CONSOLE ONLY?? That really bites. I suppose this is partly in order get console players hooked on the Starcraft "brand" for when they do finally release SC2.

Guest Jobber of the Week
There's no way that I'm paying a monthly fee for an MMORPG.

Just as an aside question: Have you ever played one before?

I always thought the concept was pretty stupid as well, but they have to host megabig datacenters with thousands of people on at any ol' time and they have to hold all kinds of information as to your stats and items and that kind of stuff doesn't come cheap.

MMORPGs can be very fun, if you choose the right one.

Guest areacode212

I've never played one before, but I have played MUDs before, so I know exactly how addicting & fun such things can be (I once got kicked out of college as a direct result of my MUD addiction).

This is actually part of the reason why I'd never pay for one--because I know once I started, I'll be hooked for life, and I really don't need my bank account to be drained any more than it is.

Guest chirs3

Play Gemstone III!

Text-based MMORPG, only ten bucks a month. Worlds above any other I've played.