TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TSMAdmin

WWE Heat Recap: September 29th, 2002

Guest TSMAdmin

First off, I’d like to thank Dr. Tom for covering for me while I was away. I had a nice little (much needed) vacation, but now I’m BAAAAACK!

This week’s episode of Heat is a very special edition of Heat. I hereby dedicate this week’s Heat to Shawn Stasiak, as his match tonight (re, last Monday) will be his final appearance in the WWE. This is truly a dark day for all wrestling fans. WHY VINCE, WHY?

Alright, enough sarcasm for now, and onto the real reason you clicked on this link… HEAT RECAPAGE!

This week’s show starts off with… D’Lo Brown walking out, right after the opening pyro. Guess we’ve got Coach going solo for the first match. D’Lo gets his usual big pop, though despite his overness, he’s opening Heat. Oh well, that’s politics for ya.

Hmmm, looks like D’Lo’s got something to say. D’Lo says he’s been working his ass off to be the best play by play man there is. Strange, I always thought he was on color. Oh well, the line between play by play and color is blurred more and more every day; or maybe it isn’t, maybe it’s just that the announcing just flat out sucks. Yeah, I think that’s it. D’Lo thanks Coach for being a great partner, and announces his retirement from the announce booth. YES! D’Lo’s back in the ring full time!

D’Lo’s opponent is… HAILING FROM PLANET STASIAK, WEIGHING 261 POUNDS… SHAWWWWN STASIAK! *Sniff* To think, we’ll never hear those words again, folks.

Match One: Shawn “Planet” Stasiak vs. D’Lo Brown

The crowd gives D’Lo a HUGE “D’LO, D’LO” chant as the bell rings. D’Lo taunts to the crowd, but Stasiak sneaks up behind him and gets hit with a DEVESTATING double axe handle, and some more punishing blows from Stasiak. Irish Whip by Stasiak, followed up by a flying back elbow. Stasiak tries to ram D’Lo in the corner (egah, that didn’t sound right), but D’Lo moves out of the way, and hits Stasiak with some rights. Irish whip by D’Lo, and a baaaaaack body drop, followed by a clothesline by D’Lo Brown. Another whip by D’Lo, and he takes Stasiak down with an elbow for two. More brawling from D’Lo, and another whip. Stasiak catches D’Lo off guard and throws him to the ropes. That looked somewhat awkward, as Stasiak caught D’Lo, and it seemed as if he had no idea what he was going to do with him, and settled on tossing him into the ropes. Stasiak’s in control now, with some brawling. Eventually, he whips D’Lo into the corner, but gets hit with a boot to the face. D’Lo charges at Stasiak out of the corner, but Stasiak moves out of the way and grabs D’Lo’s neck and hits a neckbreaker for two. Stasiak hits D’Lo with a club to the neck and a snapmare, followed by a kick to the back. Stasiak whips D’Lo, and gets hit with a spinebuster for two. Stasiak gets D’Lo locked up in an Abdominal Stretch, and uses the ropes, but LITTLE NAYTCH (Charles Robinson) doesn’t see it. Robinson finally sees Stasiak grabbing the rope and kicks his arm off of it. D’Lo takes advantage of this and hiptosses out of the hold. D’Lo knocks Stasiak down with an elbow, followed by a heel kick and a scoop slam. SHAKY SHAKY LEG DROP from D’Lo… cover… 1…2…KICKOUT! D’Lo whips Stasiak into the corner, and tries for a splash, but no one’s home. Stasiak tries for a Dragon Sleeper (I think, you couldn’t really tell what he was trying to do) but D’Lo whirls him around and hits a vertical suplex. Whip by D’Lo, reversed by Stasiak. Stasiak tries for a clothesline but D’Lo ducks, and hits an unsuspecting Planet Stasiak with a Sky High, and officially welcomes Stasiak to the Sky High Hall of Fame with a win. Big pop for D’Lo’s win. Not too bad of a match for Stasiak’s final WWE appearance.

*3/4

Raven vs. Spike Dudley is shilled as tonight’s (re: last Monday’s) main event.

And now… a word from our sponsors.

We’re back with an ever exciting:

RAW RECAP!

RAW Recap: Booker T makes fun of Eric Bischoff

They show clips of Booker and Goldust showing some RAW talent Bischoff getting the Stinkface during the AMAZINGLY HORRIBLE HLA segment from Unforgiven. You gotta love Rico though, as he said one of the funniest lines of the night, “I’M TELLING ERIC!” Yeah, so Bischoff goes to the ring and calls Booker out and Booker mocks Bischoff, and so on. They show some match clips from Booker vs. Rico. Of course, if you want a more IN DEPTH look at this crap, read RAW from JHawk’s Beak.

Booker T and Goldust vs. The Island Boys is announced for tomorrow’s RAW.

Justin Credible vs. Johnny Stamboli is next. I’m sorry, I’ll never be able to take Stamboli seriously, as long as his finisher is called the “Forgetaboutit.”

*Commercial Break*

WWE Snap of the Night:

Randy Orton’s CROSS BODY BLOCK OF DOOM is the Snap of the Night. Man, I remember the days when the Snap of the Night actually meant something, and now they’re whoring it to Randy Orton. Those bastards. The only thing Orton adds to the RAW roster is another guy to wrestle on Heat.

Anyway, here comes Johnny Stamboli, to absolutely no reaction. His opponent, as previously announced, is the lost Johnson brother, Justin Credible. He gets a small pop.

Match Two: Justin Credible vs. Johnny Stamboli

They lock up to start, and Stamboli backs Credible into the corner. Credible fights out and locks Stamboli in a headlock. Stamboli fights out with some elbows, and whips Credible. Credible comes back and hits Stamboli with an elbow block. Credible goes off the ropes and hops over Stamboli, but gets hit with a hiptoss, a body slam, and a dropkick. Stamboli tries to lock in a top wristlock, but Credible fights out of it. Credible chops Stamboli a few times, but gets whipped into the corner. Credible goes for a leapfrog, but no ones there, and gets a Press Slam Powerbomb from Stamboli! That was pretty nice. Stamboli gets a two count. Stamboli gets Credible back up and whips him, but Credible hits a Tornado… uhhh, throw Stamboli’s face to the ground type move. No, not a Tornado DDT. The move LOOKED like a Tornado DDT at first, but Credible let go of the facelock and just slammed Stamboli face first into the mat. Credible hits some more chops on Orton, stomps him down in the corner and hits a foot choke. He taunts the crowd and gets a mixed reaction. Credible tries to baseball slide Stamboli in the corner, but Stamboli moves and Credible’s member is introduced to the steel ring post. Stamboli hits Credible with some rights, but Credible fights back with a kick to the midsection. Justin tries to slam Stamboli’s head into the top turnbuckle, but Stamboli blocks it, and instead beats Credible’s head into the top turnbuckle. Stamboli knocks Credible down with some rights, and whips him, right into an atomic drop, followed by a spinning heel kick for two. Stamboli whips Credible into the corner, and hits him with the FORGETABOUTIT for the win. Meh.

*1/2

Wrestlemania XIX Press Conference

All I’ve got to say is… THANK GOD they’re not using the retarded X *insert number* title for the event this year. I feared they’d call Wrestlemania 20, “Wrestlemania X-10” It’s nice to be back to the ol’ Roman numerals. Safeco is a good choice for a venue. Nothing else is too notable here, except Taker says he’s going 11-0, meaning he won’t be going out at Survivor Series.

More commericals.

RAW Recap: HurriKane

Hurricane’s jump to RAW doesn’t really bother me. Having Helms on RAW just gives RAW another bright spot on a terrible roster. Anyway, they show Kane and Hurricane beating the Un-Americans for the tag titles, and the promo afterwards where Helms calls Terri, “Tammy” and where Kane kisses Terri.

Again, more commercials. That was quick.

Lugz Boot of the Night:

Ric Flair’s heel turn is the boot of the night. Yawn…

Time for yet another…

RAW Recap: The HHH and Flair Show

Needless to say, I don’t like the HHH/Flair team. Flair vs. Van Dam? HHH vs. Bubba Ray Dudley? EGAD, the RAW roster is a mess!

Commercials again? Wow, I think the WWE is a little short on content this week.

Back to the show, and here comes Raven, who gets pretty decent Heat. His opponent, as previously announced, is Spike Dudley, the keeper of the worst Titantron today. Spike gets a decent pop.

Main Event: Raven vs. Spike Dudley

They tie up to start, with Raven backing Spike into the corner. Another tie-up, and Raven simply overpowers Spike into the corner again. Raven eye rakes Spike, as they’re separated by the ref. Spike sneaks up on Raven and rolls him up for two. Spike twists the arm and tries for a hammerlock, but Raven fights out with a right hand across the jaw. Spike fights back with rights of his own. He tries to whip Raven, but has it reversed. Spike comes back at Raven and hits a flying head scissors. Raven rolls to the corner, but Spike jumps on him and jogs in place on Raven’s chest. Spike’s LITTLE GUY offense really pisses me off, for some reason. Raven whips Spike into the corner, but Spike comes back with a battering ram. That took a lot out of Spike though, so Raven beats him to his feet and steps on Raven’s face. Raven this spike with two snapmares, followed by a top rope bulldog for two. Raven’s doing a good job working on Spike’s jaw, and Spike is selling it pretty well. Spike hits a jawbreaker out of desperation. Raven tries to charge Spike in the corner, but Spike moves. Spike tries for a Dudley Dog, but Raven shoves him off and Spike hits the ground. Raven rubs Spike’s face in the mat, and whips him into the corner. Spike backs off the corner, and Raven tries for a clothesline, but Spike ducks and kicks Raven in the midsection. Dudley Dog. Game. Set. Match. Poor Raven.

Bottom Line

Well, Shawn Stasiak’s final WWE show is in the book. The show was about as good as Stasiak is, and that’s not very good at all. Way too many RAW recaps, and for the most part, the matches were pretty bad/boring. At least D’Lo is wrestling full time again.

FakeRazorcolor>

As always, you can reach me here.

whacked Out wrestling

Sign in to follow this