TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DiabloIIFreak1010

- Insert Witty Crimson Comment Thread Title Here -

Guest DiabloIIFreak1010

Wooooooooo. Not a bad show, a couple promos here and there even. And yes. MOTY is DEFINITLY the pillow fight.

Jack The Ripper ::sigh:: once again, faces another loss and...wait. WHAT. HE WON!? Holy shit. This could be the comback of the year, kind of like Jay Dwag winning the US Title.

And it looks like Judge Mental/Mike Van Siclen is heating up reeeeeeeeeeall good. And I want it on it, suckas! :headbang:

All in all, good show.

Guest Suicide King

Damn, Strangler, make me sound like enough of a bastard for enforcing word limits? ;)

Guest TheBostonStrangler

We gotta do the good cop/bad cop, King. And you're the greatest heel of all time. It would be a waste to put a talent such as yourself as the good cop.

[/blatant ass-kissing]

Anyways, I thought a few of the matches were lacking, but there was some very good development, particularly toward the top of the card, where there are some things really taking direction now. The JL is definitely on the way up.

Guest ScorpionDanceofDeath

I wrote something in about half an hour. You can probably guess it wasn't the best I could do. You got lucky, JtR.

Guest Mr. Slim Citrus

???

Meh. I have no complaints about the outcome; Agent wrote a kick-ass match. I'm down for whatever, as long as my character is portrayed accurately.

I only have one question: over the limit?!? That was my misunderstanding; I thought that was a word minimum, not a maximum.

So matches have to stop "exactly" at the word limit? If not, how close to the limit do you have to be before your match is kicked out for being too short?

Guest Suicide King

They have to be equal or under the word limit. Most people don't mind if you go a little over; I certainly don't. 50 over is no problem. 100 over is a penalty to the score. 200 over = autojob. That's how I do it, but many people do it differently.

Your match can never be too short. It's your call. If you told an excellent story in 2500 words but your match limit is 4000, it's up to you if you want to fill it out. Longer is not always better. Mark Stevens used to regularly beat people who wrote 2000 words more than him.

Guest Ace309

I had the same problem, Wildchild. Trust me, if you're telling a good story and it doesn't feel tacked on, you're in great shape. More words, if they're GOOD words, tends to put you in better position to win.

Of course, King is right when he says that a short, excellent match will walk away with it over a longer, mediocre match.

Guest Mr. Slim Citrus

Yeah, my match was probably long and mediocre; I had written everything I wanted to write at around 2700 words, and I thought 3500 was the minimum, so I went back in and threw in a bunch of filler.

Post it where? In this thread?

Guest Powerplay

Well, if you want. Or if you want make a losing match thread. Really is your choice.

Guest Suicide King

Actually Wildchild, your match was excellent. The only area it was really hurting in was transitions.

Guest Mr. Slim Citrus

I won't argue with that; Wildchild is mainly a spot wrestler, and I don't think I really had a feel for writing Johnny.

The match will be posted in a separate thread, by POPULAR DEMAND~!

Sign in to follow this