TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest LaParkaMarka

Angel

Guest Mole

Ohhh okay.

I can't really comment on the season because I started watching it the episode before Faith came back.

Guest Cavi

The local WB just aired the ep as they messed up last Tuesday.

I enjoyed it. It was some interesting stuff. I may post some thoughts on the season later on.

Guest Marshall

RENEWED! But don't read anything about it, there's huge Buffy spoilers that I didn't want to read.

Guest Cavi

Overall thought on the season is that I liked it. I have to agree with what some others said though. They should have kept it simpler. They hyped up Jasmine majorly, yet she made her appearance as quickly as she left. Too much build for that. I think both she and the Beast went out too quietly, as well.

I liked the ending to the Connor arc. I thought it was great to see Angel on the verge of tears when he was trying to talk Connor out of killing himself and others. We don't get to see him that emotional often.

Guest Steve J. Rogers

Its all but confirmed for next season:

From NY Daily News:

"Angel" has been picked up by The WB and will move to Wednesday at 9, following "Smallville," also in a new slot.

The WB's schedule will include comedies on Thursday and Friday starring such folks as Anthony Anderson, Holly Robinson Peete and Steve Harvey. The WB also has a new drama, "Fearless," about young FBI agents scheduled for Tuesday at 9 and "Tarzan and Jane," based on the Edgar Rice Burroughs characters, Sunday at 9.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/e...26p-75727c.html

Guest fazzle

Well, just read on TVguide.com where it says that Angel got renewed, and

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

Spike is coming over, full time. Now, this COULD be good, if they keep him in a small role. However if they turn it into the Spike show, like they have with Buffy this year, I'll be severely dissapointed

Guest Youth N Asia

This Conner thing can only work if he's gone for good now. No crap like bringing him back in the next episode or at all. Good sendoff

Guest fazzle

spoiler for next season:

Well, the article said that Cordy wasn't going to be a regular, but didn't say anything about Connor leaving.

Of course, it didn't say anything about him staying either, so.....

Guest raptor

I agree. Connor had a compact little character arc, and there isn't a whole lot they could do with him.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

I just watched the season finale again, and it was just as good if not almost better the second time. Listen to the Angel/Connor convo at the end - AWESOME! I am pretty confident this season will find its appreciation in re-runs after watching that one again.

Guest Mole

Well, I need to see the beginning episodes anyway, so I will watch them.

Guest LaParkaMarka

You know, I was kind of disappointed by this ep. I actually really liked the Angel/Connor blowoff, and the comedy bits were very good (The Limo Scene, the stomach line, etc), and I liked Wes' stuff. But somehow the ep still seems like a letdown to me. I'm not sure why...maybe I was expecting more out of a season finale, akin to the Climactic Battles that happen in the Buffy finales.

And wasn't that whole Prophecy supposed to be that Connor kills that Time Travelling Demon Guy, and that he changed things to sort of get rid of Connor. So what happened to that?

Guest Mole

I have only seen this Angel finale and season 1, but aren't all of them like this? Don't spoil anything for me, but I have read that they have changed the storyline of the season the second the last episode.

I remember reading that each Buffy season has a meaning, what are the meanings of each Angel episode?

Guest Cavi

Angel's finales are indeed different than Buffy's. They have less resolution and usually set up what's to come the following season.

Don't know if this was mentioned yet, but the scientist who showed Fred around W&H was the same actor who played the vamp Holden from "Conversations With Dead People" over on Buffy.

Guest Mole

They are just set ups for next season? Kind of like "Restless" for season 4?

Guest Cavi
They are just set ups for next season? Kind of like "Restless" for season 4?

Yeah, you could liken it to that ep, though there is still some resolution.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

I KNEW THAT GUY LOOKED FAMILIAR! YEEEAH! Keep that man on the show!

Angel is about redemption and fate.

Guest fazzle

Except for the fact that his boots were apparently 800 pounds.

Just saying, since I don't think we ever got a full body shot of the Beast moving. They just zoomed in on the feet.

Guest HellSpawn

I like both Angel n Buffy, but lately...

Im right now in the middle of S4.

They just turned Angel into Angelus

Angel kinda suck.

Connor is right next to L&O SVU's Benson / Stabler on my list of unlikable characters.

At the end of S3, Angel and Cordy were runnign to be together and all that thing. Then came S4.

I know they can't play the romance between Angel & Cordy and made them a happy couple, but

They turn Cordy into a *Higher being*, and after 3 months she did... NOTHING. What an awesome *higher* being.

OK, after they brought back Angel from the sea. They began to search for Cordy. She actually can see them and she WANTS Angel to search for her.

Then in some way they brought back Cordy too and now...

Her reason to NOT Love Angel is...

She hates all Angel life as Angelus? and she dont want him anymore? OK she saw all his Heel Life, and what about his Face life? isnt that good enough?

Oh yeah... and how about sleeping with Connor?

OK, Thats a big spoiler tag, but I dont want to ruin Angel for someone. Better safe than sorry.

Edit: I change S3 for S4, I made a mistake, I forget in wich season I was. :) Sorry.

Edited by HellSpawn

Guest Youth N Asia

That HIgher Being thing sucked. I still like the show, but I like each season less then the one before.

Guest fazzle
That HIgher Being thing sucked. I still like the show, but I like each season less then the one before.

I'm the exact opposite, I like each season more than the previous. 4 being the best, 3, 2, and 1 being "Poke my fucking eyes out! Please!" (with the exception of the 2 Faith episodes)

Guest RavishingRickRudo

4 was really good in terms of individual eps. and the storyarc was fucking cool until they did the cordy heel turn. I need to watch season 4 again to get a good picture of how good it was, but currently my choices are 3, 4, 2, 1.

Guest Cavi

It seemed to me like Season Four had some pacing problems, similar to how Buffy Season Seven did. Like they built up the Beast, and then he went out without much of a bang. Same with Jasmine.

Guest fazzle

Yeah, IMO, season 4's biggest problem was just that they did TOO much. The Beast, Angelus, Jasmine, HeelCordy, etc. Just could have split that up into 2 seasons and given people a longer run.

But then again, Angel's never really been into seasonal big bads.