TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest LaParkaMarka

Angel

Guest Cavi

Some sad news to report.

Glenn Quinn, the actor that played Doyle, died this past Tuesday, December 3rd. His cause of death is still unknown to us. He was only 32 years old.

Guest Cavi

As of right now, it's still in its Sunday night, 9/8 central time slot. They are in reruns right now. The next new episode airs on Wednesday, January 8, 9/8 central, which will be the show's new time slot.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Shit, poor Doyle. There was an angel 'behind the scenes' special on today and they showed a clip of the first season and it's amazing how the show has drastically changed in the past 3 years.

If you are just getting into angel this season, then I guess you are pretty lucky as there isn't really much to 'learn' to get hyped for the next villain - it's a pretty fresh start. Although it helps the enjoyment if you have seen season 2 and 3 as it's been building to this moment.

I was reading up on Buffy episodes that I've never seen and I ran across something that tells me there will be a Big Bad cross over between Buffy and Angel.

In "Amends" wasn't it "The First" that tried to convince Angel to kill Buffy? So he/she/it has had contact with Angel before.

Guest Cavi

Yeah, The First was indeed the thing haunting Angel in that episode. The guys with the messed up eyes which attacked the scoobies in "Never Leave Me" appeared in that as well.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Ahem...

Spoilers

From AICN.com

Wednesday, December 11, 2002

IMPORTANT WARNING! These are episode-ruining spoilers. Stuff you don’t really want to know. Seriously, we’ve dipped them in inviso-text for a very good reason. We implore you: If you love “Angel,” do not cut away the inviso-text!

* Wolfram and Hart will be "neutralized" by the Beast, who will kill the conduit between the regular W&H gang and the senior partners.

* Cordy finds out that Angel saw her boning Connor. What Angel doesn’t know is it was a one-time deal.

* Someone tells the gang that the Beast is linked to Team Angel.

* Lightning lass Gwen Raiden seeks Angel’s help after the Beast kills one of her clients right in front of her.

* The Beast keeps popping up around Connor, so everyone suspects a connection.

* Cordy tells Connor Angel saw them boning.

* Cordy starts having visions of the Beast, on a battlefield. They get more and more detailed as the ep goes on. Finally, she realizes what is happening - she's reliving one of ANGELUS' memories that she got from the time she was a Higher Being. Yep, Angelus met with the Beast back in the 1700s and they forged a pact.

* Team Angel realizes that in order to figure out how to stop the Beast, they have to talk to Angelus and get info.

* Wes and Fred are working well together, and Gunn is jealous.

* Angel is all bad-moody around Cordy, and Cordy is trying to get him to talk to her about how mad he is.

* Cordy’s also jealous of Gwen because she saw (with Higher-Plane-O-Vision) "supertramp" restarting Angel’s heart.

* It’s learned from Gwen that the Beast is collecting five totems located inside five people. When he collects all five, the sun goes away for good.

* Team Angel befriends someone with a totem inside, a nebbishy fellow named Manny.

* Manny is secreted to Gwen’s well-hidden and swanky apartment. Angel/Cordy and Gwen/Gunn pair up to take turns standing watch over Manny. When Angel and Cordy are drugged into unconsciousness, Manny meets a grisly fate.

* The sun goes away for good.

* Turns out the sun is only blotted out in Los Angeles. It even makes the news! There’s also a risk that the sun-block could soon spread everywhere.

* Team Angel is depressed. Gwen took off when the going got rough, and Wes is missing.

* Wes has actually gone to Wo-Pang, the shaman, because he hears he extracts souls.

* Krevlornswath tries to read Angel to get Angelus' memories of the Beast, but no go.

* Connor is all broody because everyone thought it was he who was tied to the Beast, when it actually turns out to be Angelus.

* Wes brings Wo-Pang. Angel says no way will he let them resurrect Angelus. But after he and Cordy talk (Cordy is against bringing back Angelus) he decides to do it. Wacky!

* They get a cage for Angelus. Angel lets them know that Angelus is bad, he's their enemy. He tells Connor he's going to have to kill Angelus if something goes wrong. Connor says yes a little too eagerly. ;)

* Wo-Pang does the ritual and at the end goes to cut off Angel's head because Wo turns out to be a follower of the Beast. Angel fights him. Wo-Pang kills himself.

* Wes apologizes for accidentally consorting with a Beast minion. He and Angel have a moment of reconciliation.

* They realize that Wo-Pang has stuff written all over him. They figure out from reading the stuff written on him that they need a special sword to kill the Beast.

* Cordy has a vision of the sword’s location.

* Cordy, Angel, Connor and Wes go looking for the sword. There is much traversing of danger-filled underground tunnels. They split up, Angel with Cordy, Connor with Wes (much to Connor's dismay). A/C find the sword. But there's trouble (fireballs and such) and Angel has to save Cordy, which he does, and they kiss passionately.

* Connor sees them kissing. Whines. Runs away. Angel runs after him. They have a confrontation. “My life sucks because of you, Dad.” Cordy intercedes and says she was never Connor's. Connor runs off.

* The other three go back to the hotel. They have the sword. Angel has to go fight the Beast. He gives them a rah-rah speech first. And then the Beast shows up there at the hotel.

* Angel fights the Beast. The Beast almost gets the best of him, but Connor shows up and helps. The father and son beat the Beast together.

* Light returns to Los Angeles. Angel is glad Connor came back. Connor says "Couldn't let you save the world all by yourself." He and Angel make up.

* Later, Angel and Cordy reunite and make passionate love. It's a perfect moment. Angel and Cordy have the Big O, and all of a sudden Angel sits up and does the post-orgasmic convulsion and spasms. He's losing his soul …

* And we flash back to the end of Act 1. Angel is on the table, Wo-pang finishes his ritual, and Angel wakes up as Angelus. Looks like everything after Wo Pang’s first-act spell didn’t really happen; it was all as part of Wopang's spell to desoul Angel!

* That’s right. There really was no reconciliation with Wes. No reconciliation with Connor. No defeat of the Beast. No return of daylight to L.A. No Angel-Cordy bone.

I've never watched Angel so I was reading up on it and I was wanting to know how did Cordelia become all mystical and stuff? Wasn't she just a normal girl on Buffy?

Angel had hired the unemployed actress Cordy to be the secretary/general nuisance. However Doyle the demon (who had the visions at the time) had the hots for her. They meet up with this shining orb the destroys any and all demons on contact with it's light. Doyle sacrifices himself to get hold of some controls that dropped the suspended globe into a big box, cuitting off it's light (it's been a while give me a break about specifics). But before he did it, he kissed Cordy. Somehow his ability to see visions transferred to her with the kiss. So, she became the Higher Powers' contact point with Angel. However, the visions start to become too much for her since she is just a human. So Skip (one of my favorites) offers to take her back to the past and have her avoid meeting Angel in LA, thereby take thing the visions away and making her a successful actress. However, Angel would have received the visions upon Doyle's demise and driving him insane. Cordy sees this and refuses. So, in order to allow her to keep the visions without killing her, Skip makes her part demon. Then comes the whole ascension thing that you most likely know about.

Again, it's been quite a while so I can't guarantee the details but that's what happened in a nutshell.

Guest Cavi

A month later...wise fwom yo gwave!

I hope you all did not forget that tonight was the first of six new episodes at the new timeslot. If you did forget, here is a *SPOILER WARNING* for the ep just in case...

Good episode with some nice suspense when they were in the W&H building. Wes breaking it off with Lilah kind of seemed a little like Buffy ending it with Spike last season.

Poor Gavin.

The bit in the White Room was interesting. The girl said something along the lines of "The answer is among you." Interesting.

Guest LaParkaMarka

Gavin's death hit me especially hard, since I'm friend's with a guy named Gavin who looks just like him. Me and my buddy Felix were like "Nooo, not Gavin!" and now I've been telling the real Gavin to watch out for Black Guys with Axes.

Anyways, good ep...the way Angel acted towards Cordy was really well done. Gavin's death was almost appropriate, in that he got in a funny line before he left.

Lilah is obviously going to be back, but is she going to be bad still or all good like? I can see her attempting to go face in order to get Wesley back or something.

"The answer is among you"? Guess that seems to point straight at Connor. How the heck did the Big Bad even know his name? And why wouldn't it kill Connor when it had the chance?

Well RRR's spoilers were right on so far. I shall accept them as gospel, although they leave me somewhat..never mind that in and of itself is kind of a spoiler.

Anyway, good ep. Killing Gavin was kinda of a bummer, but I guess it had to be done eventually or you were left with a Gavin/Lillah power struggle. "Oh...hi..." classic last line. Gunn is really starting to piss me off with the constant Wes bashing. Wes has saved their asses several times, and Gunn bettah recognize that fact and back off! Angel showed a lot more restraint than I would have re. Cordy. I probably would've barred the doors before she came back to the hotel. And finally, I'm still somewhat bummed that Andy Hallett (Lorne) is still only getting a "Guest Starring" credit. Leads me to believe he's going to be leaving again eventually. "Cirque de Flambe" indeed LOL.

Guest KingOfOldSchool

I'm pretty well caught up on Buffy, but still don't know much about Angel. What's with the heat between Gunn and Wes?

Guest LaParkaMarka

Wes likes Fred.

Gunn likes Fred.

Gunn got Fred.

Wes still likes Fred.

Gunn knows that Wes still likes Fred.

Hence the heat. QED

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Not to mention Fred has more in common with Wes than with Gunn AND the whole killing-of-evil-professor thing which turned Fred off of Gunn. Gunn is really being a dick right now.

Tuesdays episode rocked hard - the beast is the best fuckin villain ever! I mean they build up Wolfram and Heart for what? The past three seasons? And like THAT *snap* they are all fucked up by the beast.

Guest the saiyan prince
I liked tonight's episode. Fred centric, which I enjoyed. I got a laugh when that guy in the comic book shop said how there are forums and chat rooms dedicated to Angel. "They talk about me in the chatty rooms?" Good stuff at the end with Gun killing the professor as well.

Next week's looks to be quite interesting. It's bound to be above par with Joss both writing and directing it.

that blew me away i couldn't believed that he killed him i thought he might beat him up and let him live with the guilt but they actually let gun kill that guy and toss him the portal goood going angel

Guest the saiyan prince
Not to mention Fred has more in common with Wes than with Gunn AND the whole killing-of-evil-professor thing which turned Fred off of Gunn. Gunn is really being a dick right now.

Tuesdays episode rocked hard - the beast is the best fuckin villain ever! I mean they build up Wolfram and Heart for what? The past three seasons? And like THAT *snap* they are all fucked up by the beast.

okay for one wesley and her were both planning on taking him so don't you think thats kinda being a hypocrite to get all pissy with gun about something you had planned on anyway. and i agree fred and wesley have some chemistry but i like him with layla it gives hi this badass image that he wanted from the get .

Guest RavishingRickRudo

She said in the car that part of the reason why she loves him is because Gunn was too innocent to take a human life.

I think this board is pro-lilah and would hate to see the end of Bad-Ass Wes (part of what makes his bad-ass image all that more realistic is he can't have the woman he loves and is DAMN BITTER because of it.)

I would enjoy seeing more two-gun John Woo Wes who, after emptying both clips, pulls out a shotgun from no discernable place and starts blasting away. Yeah, I'm also afraid that should Fred ever leave Gunn for him Wes would turn soft, but Joss seems to know what to do with his characters. Plus, I've got the feeling Lillah isn't gone by a long shot.

Guest LaParkaMarka

****SPOILERS****

So what did everyone think of this week's ep? (saw it on Tuesday here in Canada)

I thought it was hilarious how Mr Big Bad politely knocks on Connor's door before throwing him out the window. Classy.

Gwen is a little on the too skinny side, but I've decided I like her more than Cordy. Stupid Cordy.

I think I'm going to call the Big Bad Mr Burns now. For the whole blocking out the sun thing. All he needs is Smithers.

So what did everyone think of this week's ep?

I thought it was hilarious how Mr Big Bad politely knocks on Connor's door before throwing him out the window. Classy.

Gwen is a little on the too skinny side, but I've decided I like her more than Cordy. Stupid Cordy.

I think I'm going to call the Big Bad Mr Burns now. For the whole blocking out the sun thing. All he needs is Smithers.

This week's episode?? I thought it wasn't until tomorrow.

Guest LaParkaMarka

Whoops! I have no idea when Angel comes on in the States...here it's on Tuesdays right after Buffy. I always thought Angel was on Sundays for you guys though? Oh well. Feel free to ignore that post until you guys see it.

Guest Cavi

I quite enjoyed tonight's episode. Good stuff all around, which really has me hyped for next week's show. I'm with ParkaMarka in that Gwen Raiden (hmm, I wonder where they got that last name, seeing that she has the power of electricity...) is too skinny. Her proportions seem weird, though maybe that is because of the outfit she is always wearing.

Guest Max Danger

No replays as far as I know.

Good ep though. The Beast knocking was great. Loved it.

Though, with the sun blocked out, and how they said it would soon overcome the world, well... um... it would have to affect Buffy and Sunnydale. But I doubt it will. That would be a cool little cross-over, without any actual actors crossing over.

I love Gwen, myself. Much more so than Cordy. Can't stand Cordy's "s" sound. Just annoying.

Anywho, next week's episode should be great. David plays a great Angelus. Just a total switch from Angel to Angelus, and it's awesome. Can't wait!

Guest Cavi

*SPOILERS for "Awakening", which just ended a while ago*

I really liked tonight's episode . When Cordy and Angel were doing the deed, I was thinking "Haven't we seen this before...?" and then BAM! Swerve. Good stuff. I also thought Amy Acker was looking more lovely than usual.