TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest LaParkaMarka

Angel

Guest LaParkaMarka

Amy Acker was looking very hothot near the end of the ep. And you just knew something was up when Gunn and Wes sorta half high-fived each other or whatever. I remember thinking "No, that's just wrong"...and lo and behold, it was. Swerve made perfect sense too. Good ep, though I'm sure a few people will think it was cheap or something.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

I sorta hate myself for reading the spoilers, but I sorta love myself for watching the show. Good stuff - I love how even though it was a dusty finish, it was a REALLY good one that made sense and offered up a false sense of security, a 'what if', and a fantastic heel turn.

It's great that the 'dream' had Wes saying sorry, Gunn and Wes seeing eye-to-eye, Connor loving his father, Cordy professing her love, and a 'quick fix' solution - all of the things angel would love, but in reality, can't have. Mmm mmm good.

I'd like to compare both the Cordy love scene and the Buffy one and see if there were intentional similarities - like dialogue, movements, music, etc. Really well done, and is Cordy pregnant? I know she is in real life, and it showed on TV, but have they worked it into the show yet? I missed last weeks eps. so I am a bit in the dark.

Guest Max Danger

I was sorta hoping for the dream ending, where Angel was getting it on with Cordy. I watched Amends the other day(plus it was on FX Tuesday night and Wednesday morning) on DVD, and The First said it brought Angel back from the hell dimension to show him what he really was. A killer. It wanted Angel to have another moment of pure happiness with Buffy and then kill her.

I think they could have gone with the ultimate cross-over(though, realistically they can't), and have Angel lose his soul while screwing Cordelia. And then have him kill her right then and there.

The Beast would just have been an agent of the First, so that Angel's group would think that the only way to win was to bring Angelus back, right? But they don't bring him back(like the dream sequence did), but he ends up losing his soul anyway, giving it a win-win situation for The First.

Then he becomes the BIG BIG BAD for both Buffy and Angel, ending both series this year. But that's just wishful thinking, eh?

Though they could be doing some other cross-overs. Here's some spoilerage for you, scroll down.

--

--

--

--

--

Ready? No. Okay.

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

Now? Ok.

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

Now? GREAT!

Alyson Hanigan, as Willow(duh!), shot a part for an upcoming Angel episode. Not sure which one. But she did film a part. So her and Faith will be crossing over in some way. I get the feeling Wesley will, too, just due to his connections with Sunnydale and his real-life relationship with Alyson.

Anywho, good episode tonight.

Guest Cavi
Really well done, and is Cordy pregnant?  I know she is in real life, and it showed on TV, but have they worked it into the show yet?  I missed last weeks eps. so I am a bit in the dark.

Nope, they haven't had anything about that in the show yet.

Guest Justwitty

I just started watching this show with last week's episode and already I am hooked. (Although when West Wing returns, this WILL be getting the VCR treatment.)

I thought the ending was way neat and caught me offguard. The ending leading up to the twist did seem a little too neat but I figured they were just going to go with another storyline leading into February sweeps. Glad I was wrong because I am digging this one big time!

And no way was that ending cheap as you guys are pointing out. It fit in perfectly with the storyline. (you guys have a much deeper understanding of it than I do but the line the spirit guy gave, along the lines of "Dreams coming true" or something explained it enough for me.)

Guest RavishingRickRudo

AG411-Screen-D_4x3_120.jpg

Do not touch the glass. Do not approach the glass. You can pass nothing but soft paper - no pencils or pens. No staples or paperclips in his paper. Use the sliding food carrier, no exceptions. If he attempts to pass you anything, do not accept it.

So who else was totally fuckin diggin that eps?

Guest RavishingRickRudo

I am just waiting until the day Wes and Gunn come out of the closet and profess their love for each other. Think of it. They are both in love with Fred. Fred. FRED. Fred also has the body of a 12 year old boy. Boy. BOY. They fight with each other over her, and she just fucks around with both of em. One day they will realize that the only reason they fight each other is because they fight the homoerotic emotions within themselves.

It's the classic gay pair: The Dirty Englishman and the militant blackman... Straight out of the village people... Well, not exactly Straight out..

Guest LaParkaMarka
I am just waiting until the day Wes and Gunn come out of the closet and profess their love for each other. Think of it. They are both in love with Fred. Fred. FRED. Fred also has the body of a 12 year old boy. Boy. BOY. They fight with each other over her, and she just fucks around with both of em. One day they will realize that the only reason they fight each other is because they fight the homoerotic emotions within themselves.

It's the classic gay pair: The Dirty Englishman and the militant blackman... Straight out of the village people... Well, not exactly Straight out..

Reminds me of Pearl Harbor. I totally thought in the middle of the movie Ben Affleck and Josh Hartnett were going to hook up. But I guess the bad writing just made it seem like they were closet fairies.

Awesome ep though. *spoilers for Americans*

Fred and Wes kissing was a pretty "Holy Shit" moment for me, especally when she kissed back. Bitch.

Angelus was so fucking awesome, what with the Othello and Hamlet references. He's great. I missed what he said about the Slayer though. What exactly did he say?

Guest Steve J. Rogers

>Angelus was so fucking awesome, what with the Othello and Hamlet >references. He's great. I missed what he said about the Slayer though. >What exactly did he say?

Not much, basically called her a pistol. They didn't refer to alot of Buffy related things, I think the only soild Buffy refrence (other than Cordy being witness to Angelus' reign of terror of course) was that Faith went bad on Wesley's watch

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Watching this ep now, only really getting into this show for the first time because of the return of Angelus.

Thoughts: Wesley rules these days.

Everyone else is kinda lame.

But Angelus is sweet.

Works for me.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

I hate Connor too. BUT his chemistry with Angelus is FABULOUS! Get them a sitcom on fox... Right after "Wuddyamean?" starring Xander, Andrew and Chandler from Friends.

<--- Has incorporated the word 'pistol' into vocabulary... And has never looked back.

Guest Vyce
Angelus was so fucking awesome, what with the Othello and Hamlet references. He's great.

I personally enjoyed the Oedipus reference, i.e Connor & Cordy.

Guest Cavi

I really enjoyed that episode. Angelus was just too sweet. The Oedipus reference was great. I'm HYPED for next week.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Cavi, since I know you rock the Buffy thread: are there still spoilers flying around in there? I wanna come back in and discuss, but as soon as a few people started spoiler-talk, I bailed. I've remained totally unspoiled this season and wanna stay that way...

The finish was good, and it means I'll be around for the rest of this season here in Angel country: more Angelus = good viewing.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Hmm.

Do you think they will swerve with a Lilah and hit with a Connor, or swerve with a Connor and hit with a Lilah? Or have the electric chick take it?

Guest Max Danger

I'm thinking Connor, too. The Beast couldn't have gotten in with the others there in the lobby. Connor could since he's all sneaking and whatnot.

But good episode. LOOOOVE Angelus. Anyway, what was the preview for next week, I missed it?

Guest Max Danger
Hmm.

Do you think they will swerve with a Lilah and hit with a Connor, or swerve with a Connor and hit with a Lilah? Or have the electric chick take it?

I don't think it would be Lilah, mainly because how would she know about the soul being out? And where it was? I mean, when Wolfram & Hart was destroyed(or everyone inside and the little girl, in particular), they lost their connection to the powers that be, so Lilah would have know way to be told, right?

Could be wrong though. She can't just leave the way she did. She'll have to come back. But I dunno.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Lilah would still be connected. Afterall, it's not like the whole dastardly organization of wolfram and heart were all in the same building. They are always interested in Angel, and I think him losing his soul would be something they would have their hand in - or at least, eye on.

Guest Cavi
Cavi, since I know you rock the Buffy thread: are there still spoilers flying around in there?  I wanna come back in and discuss, but as soon as a few people started spoiler-talk, I bailed.  I've remained totally unspoiled this season and wanna stay that way...

There are still spoilers from what I have seen. I'm really cautious when I go into that thread, as spoilers are like the bane of my existance. Most people will give you a head's up beforehand, so that is when I know to stop reading. I usually just post in there the night and day after an episode, as the spoiler talk doesn't seem to be around much then.

It would be great if a spoiler font would be made mandatory or something, but that might be too much to ask.

Anyway, what was the preview for next week, I missed it?

It hyped up how Angel has been lost to the darkside and before it's over, "Someone will die" (shows clips of the main cast members) and it has "An ending you can't miss."

Guest RavishingRickRudo

There should be a policy that all spoiler talk be discussed in inviso-text.

I think this is how it goes...

Guest RavishingRickRudo

MMMMMMaaaaaybe

INVISO TEXT! MASSIVE SPOILAGE! ACTIVATE~!

'Angel' is the one who dies; like a crappy technicality in that they lose his soul. Because I recall reading spoilers that says Willow makes a special appearance to bring back his soul so they obviously lost it somewhere along the way. Perhaps Wolfram and Heart were just lying and the beast really WAS their master plan...

INVISO-TEXT! END!

*Please be Cordy, Please be Cordy, Please be Cordy*

*Wes dies*

FUCK!

Long-time Buffy watcher, just recently got into Angel because of all the hype going into the end of both seasons.

Last night's episode was good, previous week's was awesome. I liked the Faith reference (please show up next episode! please show up next episode!).

So...from what I can tell, Gunn plays the guy that's perpetually pissed off? Hmm, he's like Xander but without charm or wit.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

You've caught Gunn at a bad time - his woman currently has the hots for a brit... the shame, the shame...

Before Fred Gunn was cool... Stupid Fred...

Guest LaParkaMarka

Hey, leave Fred alone! She's cute, and...uh...cute.

Yeah, Gunn's character was much more amusing before Wes showed up again. And it looks like he's going to get screwed by Fred and Wes. Possible heel turn and maybe formation of a new heel stable with Lilah? The Jilted Lovers.

Guest Kagato Otaku

Pssstt...wanna know?

Swipe the faux white inviso-text, and ruin the upcoming episode. What fun!

*begin spoiler*

>>>>>>>> The big spoilers? The beast is just a pawn. Oh, and Lilah dies. Angelus: Kills puppies, innocents, and former Watcher's girlfriends...DEAD. <<<<<<<<

*end spoiler*

Guest TonyJaymzReloaded

you know what sucks? it seemsm my wb station has started a habit of giving me college basketball instead of angel...i missed angelous!