TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest RickyChosyu

In light of recent events...

Guest RickyChosyu

I'm off to school in a few minutes, but, in my opinion, this is a very important topic and one that needs to be drawn to the moderator's attention:

The moderators at this forrum should not only be aides to the other patrons, but examples, as well. When you go off on a ridiculously vulgur, slanderous and completely immature "rant" like Jingus did yesterday, it says a great deal about what these boards are about and what the administration would like them to be about. I know it was perfectly within the rules, but it's still completely unacceptable. I'm not just talking about Jingus, but acts I've seen from several moderators who take no reservations in swearing, using vulgarity, or anything else they feel like throwing out there.

In Jingus's case, the guy he was arguing with hadn't use one vulgur term, one swear word, or even something that could be called politically incorrect. He was completely within his rights as a poster on these boards, and Jingus, for all intents and purposes, flaimed him. In that case, Jingus wasn't just making himself look bad, he was making this entire forrum look bad. Unacceptable.

More when I get back from school.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

This is going to open a big can of worms about whether or not a mod should have their opinions cut off at the knees.

It was in NHB where it should have been.

I personally think the idea of mods having to restrain themselves to be counter-productive to the idea of having a community that discusses opinions.

Were Jubuki banned, then I could understand a backlash...

The fact that the person flaming him IN THE FLAMING FOLDER happens to have the word "Moderator" under their name has no bearing on the posting of their opinion.

Guest Leena

I don't care that Jingus insulted him in NHB... it was threatening to ban him just because he didn't like him.

Guest DrTom
This is going to open a big can of worms about whether or not a mod should have their opinions cut off at the knees.

It was opened once before, BPS, and I'm the one who had the distinct displeasure of being covered in worms.

I think moderators have to strike a balance: they have to act for the good of the board, but they shouldn't be forced to censor themselves and not speak their minds just because of the blue flashing title under their names. I'm not a fan of censorship in any form, but I do think mods should be aware their words carry more weight and they're the visible representatives of the board.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I feel that Jingus was warranted.

Jubuki is as abrasive a poster as comes to the board. It was only a matter of time before someone replied to his holier than thou rap.

I think he struck the balance by replying in NHB instead of the same thread.

That's a good example.

Guest Incandenza

The only thing Jingus should be taken to task for is the "I'm-a-mod-so-show-me-some-respect" line.

Guest bob_barron

While Jingus may've been warranted his 'you will respect me' crap just made him look pompous in my eyes and based on the thread that Jingus was referring too- it looked like he was just as much at fault as Jubuki was

Guest RickyChosyu

It's not much to ask to have your moderators act like intelligent human beings, especialy if you would like the rest of the posters to behave accordingly. It's bad enough to condone childish behavior, but encouraging it is just plain ridiculous, and that's exactly what moderators do when they act the way Jingus did. Jubuki was the more mature, well-thought individual in the arguement, and that Jingus wanted to ban him for that is a complete embarisment to these forums and everyone that posts here. I'm not talking about who was right about Taue's chokeslam, I'm talking about who refrained from using vulgarity, and who managed to state their opinion without being vain or petulant. If a poster is showing more maturity than a moderator in a direct arguement, this is a problem.

Not to mention Jingus seems to feel it's relevent to bring up his pro wrestling experienece to try and run down the opinions of others. In this case, he did it selectively because he felt insulted by Chris's coments, but regardless of the situation, it still gives the same message:

"You can't have that opinion because you haven't been in the ring."

I would hope this isn't the message moderators want to give the users of this forum.

Guest alfdogg

I gotta side with Jingus on this one. I just read the thread, and it appeared to me that once they started talking, and Jingus started giving his opinions and stuff, Jubuki got more shitty with every reply. I didn't see anything J did to warrant being talked to that way. I will agree there were a few parts of J's post in NHB where he came off as arrogant, though.

Also, I'd suggest checking out the "MOTY for the 90's" thread or whatever it's called in General Wrestling for more Jubuki stuff, he did basically the same if not worse with APO there.

Guest bob_barron

Well technically at this board there isn't a freedom of speech anyway.

He's basically saying mods shouldn't act like immature babies like a lot of people think Jingus was acting like

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

That is what it sounds like to me.

I'm sorry, but taking the problem in to NHB (which to the best of my knowledge STILL stands for NO HOLDS BARRED...including mods) is EXACTLY what we would want the posters to do.

I'm going to pick a random person and talk down to them in every thread I see them in outside of the NHB folder, bashing their every word with a smug prickish nature.

We'll see how long this experiment lasts.

Guest Sandman9000

I'll play the victim for the experiement.

Why, I don't know. But I'm a glutton for punishment, so this should be fun.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

This is SILLY. Jingus is a human being and the one time he gets mad someone jumps all over him. That's just fucking ghey.

He's a moderater. That doesn't mean he can't dislike posters. Does BPS's dislike for ALina make him a bad mod? hell no.

Guest Leena
This is SILLY. Jingus is a human being and the one time he gets mad someone jumps all over him. That's just fucking ghey.

He's a moderater. That doesn't mean he can't dislike posters. Does BPS's dislike for ALina make him a bad mod? hell no.

Ok, pot.

Guest Leena

If I posted a glaring insult like that, I'd get bitched at but... nevermind...

I'm referring to the one time I got upset... you jumped all over me.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

There was no insult. BPS doesn't like you. It doesn't make him a bad mod.

And I did not jump all over you for ONE time. It happened a few times.

Now I'm going to stop this crap, because your whining to the mods is annoying everyone.

Guest Leena

LOL

I only mentioned to AlwaysPissedOff that you were flame-baiting me here... and he has the decency to only tell you about it.

Good job, mods. :)

Guest Leena

So, in effect... kissass boy doesn't want to piss off his friend... so, CWM is a mod here.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Group: OaOast Mods

Member No.: 572

As you can see I AM a mod.

Guest Chuck Woolery

Don't worry, Alina, the two that can see it will always be here to support those that do not fall in line yet still do not join us.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Oh Siclen you have made me see the light! The two become three.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff
LOL

I only mentioned to AlwaysPissedOff that you were flame-baiting me here... and he has the decency to only tell you about it.

Good job, mods. :)

Yeesh... you people are never happy. You PM me asking for me to tell CWM to chill, I do it, and now you get pissy because i did? What a joke.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

he wasn't even falmebaiting.

He used my contempt for her in an example and she showed up to call him a hypocrite.

SUCKA!!!!!!!!!!

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

Might as well move it since the original topic has been all but forgotten...