TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jobber of the Week

[Xbox] WWE Raw: Ruthless Aggression

Guest Jobber of the Week

Well, it has a name now (http://www.gamers.com/game/1264389) and some screenshots have been released, so what do you want from it?

Here's what I want

* Xbox Live online play: Well, duh.

* Organized CAW Tournaments: XBL has gauged interest in holding tourneys for a while now. I'd love a CAW based tourney with downloadable title belts for the winner. RAW always had wearable items, so it'd be cool to one the one-of-a-kind "Feb 03 Hardcore Tourney" belt or something like that.

* Compatability with WWE's "The Videos" DVDs: Let's face it, "Ramped Up" didn't have a lot of work put into it, and it didn't really sell either. If they want to increase sales of this set, they should program the DVD to recognize the Xbox player and download the videos and music to the hard drive for using in Raw's CAW system. The CAW is confirmed to allow tracks off the hard drive as entrance music, and this is the next logical step. I plan on emailing this idea to WWE and THQ even, as I'd really like to see it happen. It's boring as hell to have to give your new Rey Jr CAW someone else's video or a plain RAW logo.

Anyone else think of anything?

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Stupid stupid dated name.

However...if it gets online play I might finally buy an XBox.

Guest Mattdotcom

I want it to be called something else and be on another system, but I'm just being picky.

Guest Lethargic

The only thing I want is the ability to use ripped music for the intros and they've already done that so I'm set. All I want now is for the damn thing to come out. The thing that scares me is that the article says the game has "enhanced gameplay and control scheme." I loved the controls for the first game a million times than any other WWF game in the last few years. Thats the thing that made the game so much better than Smackdown to me. If that screw that up and make it anything remotely close to that Smackdown abomination of a game I'll keep my distance.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

All I want is for it to be nothing like RAW I.

-Reversal System of LOW

-Engine and AI of No Mercy (Well, AI of WM2k)

-Stamina bar of RAW I (The only good thing in the game - and even then, it could have been improved. But it's heart is in the right place)

-CAW of No Mercy (I HATE HATE HATE the CAW of RAW - I don't have the time nor patience to spend 2hrs on a guys freaking arm. Just give me a ton of pre-set bodies to choose from...fuckers) w/ the selection of articles of clothing from Smackdown... And the robes of LOW... mmm... robes.

Guest Jobber of the Week
Stupid stupid dated name.

RA was the best catchphrase they came up with all year. I think it's pretty funny, myself.

Of course, the only other new catchphrases this year (and Mattitude doesn't count, since it's a gimmick and not a catchphrase) are "Here comes the pain" and "Don't hunt what you can't kill" so I guess it's the lack of competition.

Guest Jobber of the Week
"WWF RAW: Ass Clown" would be the best.

That's genius.

How about "WWE Raw: How Ya Doin'?"

Guest jimmy no nose

The name may be dated, but at least it isn't called Shut Your Mouth, which I think is the worst name ever.

Guest Cavi
All I want is for it to be nothing like RAW I.

Totally agree. I hated nearly every aspect of the game. You knew something was up when they first released the vid of Game's intro. He was walking like he just took a dump in his f'n trunks. What a horrible, horrible animation. You would think somebody, anybody at Anchor or THQ would have said "Uh, they don't walk like that in real life." The game was also in development hell, so I definitely had my doubts after it was delayed like half a year.

THQ needs to license the damn AKI engine, or rather, get AKI working on a new game. AKI developed WWE game > Raw, Smackdown, and AKI's own Def Jam.

Guest ElectricRaccoon

It's probably impossible to implement (or would end up being completely user-unfriendly like Fighter Maker or something), but a move-editing system would be at the top of my list. Or at least a solid "transition-edit" system, where you can "link" two related moves with the editing feature (within reason, considering positioning and everything) and have them assigned to a single command.

Guest William E
I want it to be called something else and be on another system, but I'm just being picky.

I agree, I don't own a Xbox so I won,t be able to play it unless they put out a pc version.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
I'll keep my PS2 and SD!: SYM.

Yes, I don't think Anchor can touch Yuke's. No matter how flawed you consider the last entry. SD! 4 is the best Next-Gen Wrestling game yet, breaking Nintendo's dominance over the genre.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Dude, the whole smackdown series sucks.

The wrestling games for the next-gen systems are so bad that there isn't a best - they all suck.

I just want a totally different game than the peic of shit that TAW was. It looked great, but played like shit, and the moves lit for CAW was pathetic. I said I'd rent it first, but I know i'll buy it when it comes out and end up bitching about it just like last time.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Dude, the whole smackdown series sucks.

The wrestling games for the next-gen systems are so bad that there isn't a best - they all suck.

No, the SmackDown series is great. CAW is miles better than AKI's. And the gameplay is better if you have a party because it's faster, less complex, more fun. It simulates the WWE style better than AKI's games did. AKI's games were better suited for puro.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

The game play is nowhere near as good as No Mercy's. You can give a guy a vertibreaker and he will get up and no sell it - that's not a wrestling game, that's a fighting game. Smackdown loses it's value after one or two sittings, while No Mercy (or anygame from the VPW engine) you can play for ever.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
The game play is nowhere near as good as No Mercy's. You can give a guy a vertibreaker and he will get up and no sell it - that's not a wrestling game, that's a fighting game. Smackdown loses it's value after one or two sittings, while No Mercy (or anygame from the VPW engine) you can play for ever.

I have NEVER seen what you described happen. They don't pop up immeadiatly from big moves.

Guest Lord of The Curry

I agree with Rudo. The fact that I can give Bradshaw three vertebreakers or pedigrees or whatever and he gets up like *that*, gives me the powerbomb and I get pinned is so fuckin stupid it's ridiculous.

Trust, I've seen it happen many a time......

Guest Cavi

I have to agree on the weaksauceness of the SD games. The lack of proper/decent selling and damage modeling pretty much ruins the series for me. The first few minutes of a fifteen minute bout feel exactly like the last few minutes. The pacing is the same all throughout because there is no damage model, unlike AKI's games.

Guest TheHulkster

There were things that I liked about Raw, but the negatives outweighed the positives. I thought the item collecting was pretty cool (being able to wear a lot of the items in the match was nice too), the graphics were pretty good, and the adrenaline meter, while flawed, showed a little bit of promise. The CAW was fairly lousy though (aside from setting up their entrances, which i liked), it was a real pain to execute a grapple move, and the season mode (sorry, quest for the championship or whatever it was called) and the match options were lacking too. It seems like they are improving many of the things that I didn't like about the first game though, andf if it's good, i'll probably pick it up.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
I have to agree on the weaksauceness of the SD games. The lack of proper/decent selling and damage modeling pretty much ruins the series for me. The first few minutes of a fifteen minute bout feel exactly like the last few minutes. The pacing is the same all throughout because there is no damage model, unlike AKI's games.

Well, now they have selling for the body parts, so if you work the leg, the guy will limp and such. It gives the game the feeling of reality.

Once again, let me state that AKI's gameplay (And gameplay only, mind you, since Yuke's has better Story Modes, CAW modes, match types, and have always made the most out of the machine they were working with. Especially SD 2) Is better suited for a fan of Puro while whenever I have a party most people want to play SD! because it's easier to get into.

Different games for different people, right?

Guest Big McLargeHuge

Funny, my friends have always preferred the Aki system to the Smackdown games. Most are completely indiffrenent to wrestling in general (though always wanna use Steve Austin :rolleyes:). But yes, I will agree that smarks/puro fans probably enjoy the Aki system and Fire Pro system. There's just something about picking apart an opponent's leg that brings a smile to my face.

There are things I like about the smackdown engine, but the no-selling and face don't do anything for me in the long run. I like the way characters execute moves for the most part. Looks genuine, as opposed to the awful animations in RAW.