TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Incandenza

Shit You Listened to Today

Guest Incandenza

I ripped off this idea from the unofficial Pitchforkmedia message board. Basically, employing allmusic.com or some such thing, post pictures of the albums you listened to today. For those of you who only listen to music through your computer...I dunno.

Do I expect this to take off like wildfire? No. Why am I doing this? I like looking at pictures.

c0044843kbh.jpg d664297lpg3.jpg c83839e3aw5.jpg

I was in a new wave-y sorta mood today. I had a strong urge to listen to Remain in Light, in spite of never caring for it outside of two songs. My opinion on it has not changed any.

Guest Kinetic

It's too bad that we have the permanent "What are you listening to right now?" thread. I'd love to steal the whole Rice Milk thing.

c00452yes7o.jpgf61097iffzd.jpgc952758mcnf.jpg

Guest Incandenza

I find that board impenetrable. It's mostly people goofing around and doing things that would've gotten them banned ten times over at this place. Some of it is funny, a lot of it I find baffling.

EDIT: Oh, and there aren't very many actual coversations about music, as far as I can tell. It's just a bunch of one line riffing.

Guest evenflowDDT

Rice Milk?

Oh, right...

f13446pupb6.jpg f17468pvten.jpg e0222019wbv.jpg Isaac Hayes - Shaft 2000 CD single (no image available... is it a user-submitted database? they don't have a tracklist either)

Random as usual. Alarmingly, I find I enjoy Japan for Sale, Vol. 2 less and less each time I listen to it, whereas just a month ago, despite having owned it for quite some time, it still had that "OMG, J-POP~!" appeal. The rest is how I usually decide to listen to stuff, "gee, I feel like listening to such and such". I really wanted to listen to Local H yesterday, but I couldn't be bothered to dig out the CD (not that it would've mattered anyway since I was at work). Luckily, today I wanted to listen to AYWKUBYTOD and it was right there!

In other news, I've never been to allmusic.com before, but it looks like a pretty useful site. Is it just a database with mini-reviews or what?

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

It was a good day today.

c01971x6rex.jpgf12435ob6df.jpgf44525zb24v.jpg

Prince and The Cars are fairly close in anxious fun-spirited sensibilities, but, uh, the Dillinger Escape Plan business is a bit out there.

Guest Kinetic

When they actually discuss music, the PFM board is a valuable resource and is absolutely full of people with good taste and insightful opinions. Unfortunately, you have to wade through a lot of sub-moronic bullshit to get anywhere. I was actually doubling up on this board and that one a few months ago, but eventually decided to make this my permanent home, in part because of the diversity here. PFM is like a bunch of different shades of me, and I don't like myself nearly enough to tolerate that.

Guest Kotzenjunge

B0000520WN.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpgB00005MKIH.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B000069JJS.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

But this was only because football's on today, otherwise I'd have listened to a lot more.

I listened to these albums like three times each, due to the fact that I had a *huge* service project due tomorrow, that was assigned in September. I didn't start it until today either. Uhh, yeah.

B000000OAN.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B000002G7C.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B000002UJQ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Few questions that I'm pondering..

1) Who is that guy in Incandenza's sig? He looks familiar, but I can't put my finger on it.

2) What's that last album you put, beside the Miles Davis one? With the brain I mean.

3) I always thought Devo was one of those one-hit wonders who were generally worthless. Am I wrong? I'm not really old enough to have been around at the time after all.

If you can answer those questions for me, it will be mucho appreciated...

Guest Incandenza
1) Who is that guy in Incandenza's sig? He looks familiar, but I can't put my finger on it.

2) What's that last album you put, beside the Miles Davis one? With the brain I mean.

3) I always thought Devo was one of those one-hit wonders who were generally worthless. Am I wrong? I'm not really old enough to have been around at the time after all.

1. Captain Beefheart. If you're anything like the other guy who asked me who he is, it's probably not the person you would've expected.

2. Phrenology, by the Roots.

3. Devo's first three albums are all decent ==> good material. I haven't heard any of their post "Whip It" material, but, by all accounts, it sucks. I like this band, but fellow new wavers Talking Heads are much, much better.

Thanks for the info. I had a thought that he might have been from Critters Buggin or something, due to the "Fast and Bulbous" in your sig. I also linked the fact that Mudhoney is your favourite grunge band, featuring Stone Gossard who also produced....Critters Buggin, but I guess I was wrong. Call it a fairly educated guess. He always looked cool though, kind of like one of those joint-smoking arty types. I guess the avatar proves that. Crazy kids.

By the way, who was the one that asked you before?

Guest Incandenza

That Brunzell fellow. Oh, and I have no idea who or what Critters Buggin is, but if they used the "fast and bulbous" thing, rest assured it was lifted from Beefheart's Trout Mask Replica album. Brunzell thought he was Rick Wright from Pink Floyd.

Guest Incandenza

Oh, it is late, and after an evening of debauchery, I am here to report that I only got in two albums today, but one of them was over 90 minutes long, so it wasn't like I was not kept busy.

d626280oeeo.jpg c031443u0ob.jpg

Guest LooseCannon

I've been up all night studying, bleh.

c48151ibcc8.jpge4237918kv3.jpg

d35608e41v0.jpgf23120wbhar.jpgd15426wyw91.jpg

c60334h8d12.jpgc04349a2g86.jpg

And yo la tengo's President Yo la Tengo and New Wave Hotdogs neither of which I could find the cover for.