TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TSMAdmin

WWE Confidential November 9, 2002

Guest TSMAdmin

WWE Confidential November 9, 2002

Highest Rating: 1.5 (May 25, 2002)

Lowest Rating: 0.5 (June 29, 2002- Rerun of May 25, 2002 @ 8:00PM)

Last Week's Rating: 0.5

The lowest rated WWE show is back with new material this week as we look back at Rico’s career as a cop and preview WWE week on Blind Date. Also, Part 3 of the Best of October-November 1996 review should be up today, unless any extraneous variables pop up. Furthermore, I have this strange desire to watch WrestleWar 1991, so expect a review of it sometime before the new year. Also, if anyone has any information on the FWA, specifically their 3/11/00 show, drop me a line.

Cover Story

Rico used to be a cop in Nevada. On a rainy day in 1987, Rico saw a motorcyclist, Jamie Healey, fly headfirst into the bumper of a parked car. Rico tried mouth-to-mouth recitation, but there was too much blood in Jamie’s airway. Not knowing what else to do, Rico yelled “BREATHE MOTHERFUCKER” and all of a sudden Healey started breathing. Rico visited the comatose Healey at the hospital everyday until he woke up. Healey first met Rico two weeks later. This meeting for Confidential was the first between the two in sixteen years. This was a happy story and whatnot, but it rubbed me the wrong way for some reason.

Segment 1: .5/1

Crash and Bruce Prichard remember the 24/7 rule. Prichard though that the concept of attacking wrestlers during their typical routines would be funny. Crash had lots of fun with it. The first 24/7 encounter was when the Mean Street Posse attacked Crash at his hotel. Bruce though seeing Crash in his “jammies” was great. Clips of Ivory, the Posse, and even Jack Doan attacking Crash follow. Prichard enjoyed shooting on location because of all the destruction they could do. He remembers when they shot at a baggage claim area. The airport was happy to work with them, but the passengers were pissed off because they couldn’t pick up their bags. To end the segment, Crash ran up the baggage ramp and almost knocked himself out. Bruce and Crash’s favorite bit was the fight at Fun Time USA, which took place right here on Long Island. I was actually at the SmackDown! taping when that segment aired. Maybe one day I’ll review the TV tapings I attended. Anyway, at Fun Time, they had trouble getting the cameraman from the top floor to the bottom, so all of a sudden he jumped down this long slide with the camera and all. Bruce thinks that Crash was the best choice when it came to the Hardcore Champion because he truly had the agility to do anything. Crash considers the 24/7 rule to be the highlight of his career, although he wishes they would have listened to him and went to a strip club. In retrospect the 24/7 rule was a lot of fun when Crash was the champion, but once he was out of the running everything went downhill.

Segment 2: 1.5/2

A quick piece of Tell Me A Lie and the Degeneration-X theme promotes WWE Anthology. Out of all the songs on WWE Anthology, why use Tell Me A Lie as one of it’s selling points? Even as a HBK mark I hated that song.

More WWE Anthology promotion here with Shawn Michaels giving his thoughts on Sexy Boy. Shawn says that depending on the length of the entrance, was the extent of his dancing ability. He also can’t sing, so after he recorded the lyrics, the song had to be mixed very well in order for it to sound acceptable. He loves the song because he has been using it for over 10 years and it brings back so many memories.

Now WWE week on Blind Date is hyped. The week will consist of Christopher Nowinski, Jackie Gayda, Linda Miles, Nidia and Maven going on dates. Judging by the clips, Jackie Gayda was a Grade A bitch and Maven was way too serious, so you could pass up those two. Nidia and Linda’s dates seem to be OK. Nowinski’s seems to be the best as he is a very funny guy.

Segment 3: 2/3

Bradshaw hosts an annual golf tournament for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. This year he can’t play due to his injury, yet we are graced by the presence of the Undertaker, Chavo Guerrero Jr., Bubba Ray Dudley and the Godfather. Speaking of the Godfather, I feel pretty damn bad for the WWA. The WWE steals their World Champion and replaces him with the Godfather and Perry Saturn. Anyhow, for the most part we follow the worst golfer here, Bubba. Bubba starts the day by knocking the head off of a Bradshaw cutout. During his first shot, “I really have no strategy. I’m not really good.” Bubba sees a bunch of ducks. One of them has a demented head, which he dubs the Booker T duck. Bubba wants to trade t-shirts with an old lady. She agrees to mail him her shirt. Very funny segment.

Segment 4: 3/4

Back to Rico. He relays a story of a mentally challenged lady lighting her couch on fire in the hopes of killing the “demons” inside of it. In the process she burnt down her trailer home. Her family lived in the house next door. Fortunately no one was hurt, but all of a sudden the lady threw a rock at the arson inspector, who then ran off. The lady also went after Rico with a wooden doily. Not knowing what to do, he picked up the fire hose and sprayed her. The family ran out, tied her up, and brought her back in the house. No one was hurt or arrested. The point of this eludes me.

JR, Trish, Terri, Lita and Stacy all did a photo shoot for JR’s upcoming cookbook. Trish, “We are just Divas standing around JR barbecuing. We do that a lot.” JR was noticeably uncomfortable during the photo shoot. He himself admits to not being photogenic, so he cracks some jokes like, “I’m not wearing anything under this apron” and “It’s supposed to be a hands-on photo shoot. So far no one has let me put my hands on anything…except the tongs”. OK, that last one was funny. JR seems to be regressing back to his September 1996 state. The book consists of recipes from his grandmother, mother and wife. There are also stories about Owen Hart, Junkyard Dog, and Andre the Giant thrown in there. Lita, “Maybe it will be like an extended version of the Ross Report.” I know that could be turned into a Ross Report fat joke, but I’m too lazy to think of one.

Segment 5: 3.5/5

The Elimination Chamber promo from Raw is shown. Mean Gene adds that we will see a glimpse of the Chamber on WWE Super Tuesday.

Next Week: Survivor Series history (we all know what that means) and 48 hours on the road with Bubba Ray Dudley. Should be a decent -> good show.

Saliva’s King of My World music video ends the show.

Segment 6: 3.5/6

Overlooking the fact that this week’s show was an extended commercial for WWE Anthology, it really wasn’t all that bad. Slightly better than the 3/6’s we have been getting for a while now.

Drop me a line, take a look at my Archives, and check out my Amazon Wishlist.

Sign in to follow this