TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Renegade

"Simple and Clean" by Utada Hikaru

Guest Renegade

Anybody else like this song? I didnt think much of it when i heard it during the intro of the game, but the full version at the end of the game has really grown on me, its one of the best songs that ive heard in a game since city escape in sonic adv 2.

Any thoughts?

Guest wwF1587

I must say after beating the game for the third time (i was bored) I have grown a liking to the song... didnt like it much when i first played it but....the song is pretty cool . Flame if you want but..

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

I love it. I have the song burned onto one of my many anime song CDs and damn near know all the words to it.

Yeah, I'ma geek...

Guest Flyboy
its one of the best songs that ive heard in a game since city escape in sonic adv 2.

"Live And Learn" is a better song that "City Escape".

Guest Will Scarlet

I have never played the game, but I have a version of it on mp3. Pretty good. A bit short for me, but I like it. Then again, I am a pretty big Hikaru mark, and have a ton of her songs. Easily one of the best Japanese pop artists I have encountered.

Yeah I liked "Simple and Clean". I still mark for "Otherworld" though. The opening blitzball FMV with the rather un-FF like song was great. It may not be a great "genre" song, but the departure they took from your typical FF song with it was appealing.

Guest CED Ordonez
I still mark for "Otherworld" though. The opening blitzball FMV with the rather un-FF like song was great. It may not be a great "genre" song, but the departure they took from your typical FF song with it was appealing.

That song rocks especially when it's used once again near the end...

***SPOILER AHEAD***

...when you finally face off against Jecht himself in battle. I f'n marked for it and delayed my first turn for a minute to listen to it.

***END SPOILER***

Guest Mr. Slim Citrus
Hey Will, did Hikki ever get married to that producer, or whoever it was? And is she still planning to try to make it in the States?

Guest CED Ordonez

Just dl'ed both versions of the song (The English "Simple and Clean" and the Japanese "Hikari"). I gotta say that she has a fairly neutralized English singing voice. There's a bit of a Japanese accent in it, but she covers it up fairly well.

Guest Renegade

Considering I heard Clean and Simple before Hikari, I really thought that it was some American singer at first. I myself couldnt make out an accent.

Guest KoR Fungus

It's pretty mainstream, so just search for it on any file sharing program.

I like the song, but I don't like it as much as some of her other stuff. The lyrics are good, but her voice doesn't sound as strong in it as it does in some of her other songs. I haven't played the game though, so maybe it has extra meaning as the theme for the game.

Guest CED Ordonez
I like the song, but I don't like it as much as some of her other stuff.  The lyrics are good, but her voice doesn't sound as strong in it as it does in some of her other songs.

Could you give me a few song titles to look for, KoR?

Considering I heard Clean and Simple before Hikari, I really thought that it was some American singer at first. I myself couldnt make out an accent.

I too thought she was she was American at first until I listened really closely to both versions and realized that it was the same singer. I just noticed she's a bit shaky on her English enunciation, but like I said before, she has a very neutral sounding singing voice when she sings.

Guest Will Scarlet
Hey Will, did Hikki ever get married to that producer, or whoever it was?

Yep. That happened in September, I believe.

And is she still planning to try to make it in the States?

I would assume so, though, you never know. I have heard tons of news about various Asian pop stars trying to make it in the US, and then hear nothing more about it. Though, I would give her a good shot at success, if she did attempt to be big in the US.

Guest EricMM

The song has almost nothing to do with most of the plot of the game (the Heartless) but it can be connected to the love interest between Sora and Kairi, and the fact that they are pretty much seperated the whole game.

I think if one watches the intro, and then beats the game, and sees the FMV ending, it's so well done that it does become a bit emotional since then the beginning finally starts to make a little sense. It's just directed really well.

I really recommend anyone to play this game if they haven't. It's not nearly as demanding on one's time as say a Final Fantasy, and yet it contains a good story with a lot of fun cameos.

Guest EricMM

Now now, that's just not true. How many times do enemies appear out of thin air in that game? Thousands. It's just that the fights don't take 30 seconds to load up.

I will say that the fighting was quite excellent. The worst fights were in the little mermaid level, besides them, it was great!

And the bosses were excellent. I recall fondly Hades, The Hunter from Tarzan, and all the secret Weapons, from the Gold and Platinum matches to the Phantom and The Desert Weapon.

Guest Renegade

But I can handle the swarms of heartless that appear in KH since you can actually run away if you do not choose to fight (except the part where you have to fight to get to the next area, but then again every game has that), and the fighting is fun and much less repetitive. It's not half as annoying as "SWISH!" your screen swirls into a random battle after your 7th step in a FF game.

As for the bosses, Ursula is a bitch, plain and simple. Other than that some of them are too easy after you learn cure from deep jungle.

EDIT: Sepiroth and Phantom are a bitch too.

Guest CED Ordonez
But I can handle the swarms of heartless that appear in KH since you can actually run away if you do not choose to fight (except the part where you have to fight to get to the next area, but then again every game has that), and the fighting is fun and much less repetitive. It's not half as annoying as "SWISH!" your screen swirls into a random battle after your 7th step in a FF game.

As for the bosses, Ursula is a bitch, plain and simple. Other than that some of them are too easy after you learn cure from deep jungle.

EDIT: Sepiroth and Phantom are a bitch too.

I find the FFX "glass shatter" to be one of the more annoying "Hey, dammit, here's a random battle for ya" cutscreens. Kingdom Hearts's battles are much better because once you kill every Heartless in the area, they don't respawn until you leave the screen. I can just kill everything in the area then search to my heart's (no pun intended) content.

Ursula's first phase was annoying as heck until I figured out to do to make the fight go by much easier. Second phase was a bitch until I figured out her weaknesses.

I had a little trouble with Oogie Boogie's first phase until I realized how the area in which you fight him in worked.

Jafar, by far, has been the easiest to defeat, in my honest opinion.

I didn't have the balls to face Sephiroth. Sue me.

Guest Renegade

Oh I forgot to add keybladed Riku, unless you have the metal chobboco its a damn annoying fight.