TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Redhawk

"You Gotta See This!"

Guest Redhawk

This is one of my favorite "guilty pleasure"-type shows, right along with "America's Funniest Home Videos" and "Joe Millionaire" (which should be funny as hell). Anyway, what are your favorite scenes from "You Gotta See This!"?

I remember the amateur wrestler who tried to do a Cactus Clothesline and landed face-first on the ring apron, with all of his weight on his face and his body bent backwards.

Then there was the guy who snow-boarded off his roof, then smacked into the front grill of his truck and broke his arm.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Holy fuck, the scrolling montage of the guy just breaking his neck over and over again was beautiful.

Guest KingOfOldSchool

I liked a clip they showed recently, where an amateur wrestler's arm is pinned against the mat, and gets bent 90 degrees in the wrong direction. Basically his elbow dislocated and all ligaments and such were torn.

It was probably one of the more brutal clips I've seen on the show.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I love these shows. I remember watching an episode of the Simpsons where Bart and Homer were watching "When Buildings Collapse." For weeks afterwards, we were calling all the horrific clip shows that. I wish Real TV had some more brutal shit though. The disgusting sports injuries on YGST are wonderful. Twisting ligaments and compound fractures abound.

Guest Redhawk

Two constants about YGST:

1. The narrator (who, I admit, is annoying) tries to create a sense of danger. But everyone knows they're never going to show someone die on basic cable, so there's no point. He's all, "No one knew if he'd come out alive."

2. No matter how horrific the accident, when it comes to an extreme sport, the injured person never quits. They could be like, "Bob broke both his arms and lost a leg and ripped six neck ligaments when he crashed his ATV." And then it's, "Four weeks later, he was back on the track."

Another clip I liked (well, not liked, but you know...) was this kid who gets thrown off his ATV, has the ATV land on him, all while he's by himself. He's laying there screaming help but no one hears him.

Guest So what? I liked bubble boy

Best moment: The 49ers winning the Super Bowl this year.

Guest kingkamala
Best moment:  The 49ers winning the Super Bowl this year.

What the hell are you talking about?

I think YGST is slightly better then RealTV. But YGST is a lot more brutal. The high school wrestler who snapped his ankle ala Sid was brutal.

Guest Johnson1620

The guy wind surfing that hit those rocks was great, he didn't get hurt badly though.