TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Oz: Season 6

Guest converge241

you know, people have said it before but it bears repeating WWE could really learn something from the OZ writers as far as how to make you care about characters

people here have heard me bitch and my eye rolling at some faults i think the show has:

unrelaistic stories

a tad predictible sometimes and others, so its not like they are perfect..yet they keep me caring about characters

So, it was pretty easy to see from last week's preview that somethign would happen to Tobias , but still watching it unfold mentally i'm saying "please change your mind Beecher!". My heart dropped when the Schillenger boys were talking about forgiveness while in the background the police car goes to nab Beecher on Keller's tip..

then when the new class was brought in and you see Beecher

Damn

Guest hardyz1

I have to concur about Beecher. The way he got out and went back in was way too fast.

Ah, hell, who am I kidding? This show can do no wrong.

Did anyone else have a flashback seeing Beecher after he got out? He looked just like he did when he first came. But without glasses.

Looks like Cyril's getting the chair. I hope they remember to wet the sponge. It was pretty cool seeing his other self in the hospital, presumably the person he was before the accident.

Who was the CO, Johnson, talking to? The governor? That would be great.

I'm so anxious to see what happens, but then I'll be sad when it ends. Why do the DVDs have to be so damn expensive? Where's SKBF with my $20 DVDs?

Guest EQ
Who was the CO, Johnson, talking to? The governor? That would be great.

I'm so anxious to see what happens, but then I'll be sad when it ends. Why do the DVDs have to be so damn expensive? Where's SKBF with my $20 DVDs?

I think the CO was talking to the Governor. Remember a couple of eps back the Governor approached him about the Mayor?

Also, what's SKBF?

Guest converge241

"Looks like Cyril's getting the chair"

yeah that preview of next week when they are banging on the plexiglass in compassion for Cyril or Ryan and Ryan's breaking down..chills

Guest EQ

I'm going to be sad to see Cyril go. They really did a good job of making you care for his character, which as a result made you care for Ryan more too.

Guest IDrinkRatsMilk

It will indeed be sad when Cyril goes. The show may have reached it's dramatic peak long ago, but Cyril's execution may well be the emotional peak of the show.

Guest hardyz1
Also, what's SKBF?

Scott Keith's Biggest Fan. The reference was from an infamous post in the Current Events folder where he described his perfect America. Things included were $10 computers, $20 DVDs, and a food man. Like the milkman but he brings food. I think that quote is in someone's sig.

He is also infamous for asking how to burn a CD without a CD burner.

Back on topic: I will cry when Cyril dies.

Guest EQ
He is also infamous for asking how to burn a CD without a CD burner.

That's easy. Fire. :lol:

Corny, I know... but I couldn't resist.

Do you think anyone will have the balls to say something tasteless to Ryan O'Reilly after Cyril is dead?

Guest IDrinkRatsMilk
Do you think anyone will have the balls to say something tasteless to Ryan O'Reilly after Cyril is dead?

The only one I could see pulling something like that is Urbano, Robson, or maybe Schillinger. I could Ryan totally falling apart after the execution, like killing spree falling apart. His slickness will just go out the window.

Guest converge241

2-1 on Verne (he might have some compassion because of Shirley being executed)

Even on Robson

Guest BorneAgain

Oh man was that last episode tense. I'm sure a few people are skeptical about the supreme court cop out, but I have to admit I was so relieved when that phone rang to save Cyril. They've gotten me to care for the guy so much, that just seeing him die like would leave me so depressed. But back to the episode. Robson in therapy? Does Verne approve? Speaking of which, Keller seemed to complety forgive him a little too quickly. But if this leads to a Verne/Beecher/Keller showdown, I'm all for it. Izdig continues to confuse me, but I like the thing he's got with White. Alvarez and Cutler's wife? Hmmm. And did anybody notice there was no mention of the Hoyt/Mukada/Kirk's mom storyline. Guess they're probably saving it for the finale. Finally I wish they would have let Ortolani talk a little more. Augustus seemed to host almost the entire time.

Guest IDrinkRatsMilk

Cyril should have died. It was built up so well, anything else they do is going to be anticlimactic, with the possible exception of Ryan killing him, which I doubt will happen. They should have at least had Dino's hair the same as it was on the show.

Guest hardyz1

Damnit, why haven't they had Kenny Wangler on there?

I was pissed at the bait and switch. They devoted so much time to Cyril and they fucked it over in the end.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Yeah, it was a cop-out and a bait-and-switch, but dammit if it didn't make me smile when Cyril got spared.

Guest Violent Mahatma

I swear to God, I almost started crying when they put the straps and the sponge on Cyril's head. My eyes did tear up a bit when they asked Cyril for a final statement and he didn't understand. And I was SO relieved when the call came to stop the execution. While I agree that the show has perhaps lost something in the last couple of seasons, I also agree that it cannot stop me caring so much for the characters. I've never been so glued to the screen for anything as I was for that last twenty minutes.

Anyways...

Who do you think the last two narrators will be? I'm not sure about the next episode, maybe Wangler, maybe that dude who was friends with Schillinger and who had history with Diane Wittlesey (cannot remember that guy's name). But I've been thinking all season that the final episode will contain both Kareem Said and Adibisi.

Guest The Notorious CRD
Who do you think the last two narrators will be?

I would think that Adibisi has to come back. He was such a huge part of the show for the first few seasons, and I would feel robbed if we didn't get to hear from Kareem Said now that he's on the "other side."

maybe that dude who was friends with Schillinger and who had history with Diane Wittlesey (cannot remember that guy's name)

That would be Scott Ross. I'm not interested in seeing him come back really. That's one guy whose being killed off I applauded.

Guest IDrinkRatsMilk

Scott Ross is the guy who was friends with Verne and had a history with Wittlesey I believe. I would have said Nino Schibetta would narrarate, but they've already had two wiseguys so far, so it might be overkill.

Adebisi for sure. He has so many rabid fans it would be stupid not to have him do it. Said and Adebisi would be cool.

Guest nl5xsk1

When the call came in to save Cyril, I immediately looked at the clock and saw that there was enough time left in the hour for him to live and then be killed by someone else before the episode ended. SO GLAD he wasn't ... I as well was near tears when they showed the glass-banging and Ryan's reactions and ... basically the whole sequence. (damn allergies)

Guest IDrinkRatsMilk

The only ones I really see being alive are Alvarez and possibly Beecher. I'm 50/50 on Beecher. But I'd bet Alvarez will make it.

Guest EQ

Think any of the non-criminals will end up dead?

They're teasing Glynn, but I really hope it doesn't happen.

Guest T®ITEC

One of the O'Reilly kids will go, for sure. I somehow don't see Ryan dying, but someone killing Cyril sounds perfectly plausible. I'm probably wrong, of course, and it'll be the other way around.

I wanna see someone get McManus, if a non-criminal has to die. Just 'cause.. That would bring about some radical events/reactions.

Guest EQ

I see Omar killing Idzig and getting sent to solitary (possibly death row) for the rest of his life.

Guest NoCalMike

Wow, what a great episode. I was so tense as they strapped in Cyril. When he waived to his mother and he didn't understand the "final statement" comment, I was just thinking how sad to see him go. When the call came in, I thought it was just a trick, and the execution would still go on, but I was definately emotionally relieved when he got out of the chair.

As far as the narrator guests, I think maybe for the finale there should be a group photo or something of all the big players that died, or just EVERYONE that died in Oz.

I like Wangler but Adabesi needs to get the nod next week over Wangler.

Oh and Vern's friend was Scott Ross, that guy ruled character-wise and I thought the whole, "shot and killed" during the riot was a total cop-out of killing off a kickass character.

Guest IDrinkRatsMilk

Scott Ross's shooting in the riot was an important plot point though, and produced some good storylines in season two.

Guest hardyz1
I like Wangler but Adabesi needs to get the nod next week over Wangler.

Adebisi and Said get the finale. We need our Bricks fix.