TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest benoitrulz4life

Why do some of you guys say ghey...

Guest benoitrulz4life

I mean hell why don't you just say uglay instead of ugly and phat instead of fat so as not to offend ugly or fat people? I hear no sympathy when talks about Big Show or Viscera's "fat ass" come up. If I want to say gay I'm not going to beat around the bush, I'm going to just say it.

Guest Tyler McClelland

It's the difference between an expression and a condemnation of homosexuality.

Guest Kingpk

Goes way back to the old Smarks ezBoard and the origin of WDI. Someone else can fill in the details. It mean's something (or someone) is dumb but, as Tyler said, it takes out any homophobic undertones.

No one is stopping you from saying "gay".

Guest Jack Tunney

The TRUE meaning of "gay" is happy.So happy people should be the ones mad at homosexuals for stealing their word.

It's a joke,dont flame me.

Guest Downhome

1) This is a current event?

2) I hate "ghey" like I hate "kewl/kool". See the thread in No Hold Barred, you'll know which one.

Guest The Metal Maniac

Didn't the Shockmaster start spelling it like that, way back before the days of the gPc?

Guest DrTom

It's done because "gay" has become colloquially used as a synonym for everything from "bad" to "stupid." "Ghey" was devised to preserve the modern connotations without giving the appearance of condemning homosexuality. Of course, they'd be pronounced the same, but this is a visual medium.

No, this is NOT a current event, and it's being moved.

Guest notJames

I always thought the pronunciation emphasized the "h", which emphasized the lame aspect of the object in question. Picture the speaker rolling his eyes when saying the word, maybe even shaking his head.

Guest IDrinkRatsMilk

There are very few people here who have legitmate problems with a dude fucking another dude. I'm half gay, and look how popular I am. And there are several other well liked posters who are completely gay. I think the board is mature enough to say gay if it wants. Ghey just has it's own history around here.

Guest notJames
...I'm half gay, and look how popular I am.

Well, when you're bisexual (which I assume you are), of course you'd be popular. You have twice as many prospects for deep dicking...

... um, perhaps I've said too much...

;)

Guest evenflowDDT

Half-gay, I like that.

Once I met a gay man who introduced himself as a non-heterosexual. Ahh, academia... it's so CRAZAY~!

Guest SP-1

You know, I don't even pronounce it the same. I have a strange g-like hiss at the beginning to acentuate the 'h'.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Some of you are half-right.

"GHey" had it's origions IIRC with THe "Ghey Posting Clique" or GPC.

and that happended after Bower called Posting cliques "Gay".

So Some People The Flying Dutchman included came up with the GPC.

Guest Sassquatch

SHOCKMASTER was the first one I saw to come up and coin the word "ghey" at the old Smarks EZBoard.

When Don becker said that "all posting cliques are gay," being the smartass's that they were, a group of friends who mainly hung out in the Smarks Flaming folder ran with Becker's comment and turned it into a running gag by calling themselves the gPc" or the ghey posting clique.

Soon after this all went down, the board plunged into complete and total anarchy when SKeith and JJ Botter began banning posters for minor infractions which led to WDI being formed after the Smarks had closed down the Flaming folder in the hopes of putting a stop to all of the chaos.

Post 2000 w00t~!

Guest Sassquatch

The funniest part in that whole melee was when JJ Botter made a post at WDI threatening to shut the site down if they invaded the Smarks board on account that JJ knew some "people" who were a part of the EZBoard network.

That caused a good laugh amongst the WDI posters.

Guest Tyler McClelland

Eh, this phrase was NOT created on these message boards, nor any old boards.

It's actually rather common.

Guest Sassquatch

No kidding.

But in regards to when the word became famous on the Rantsylvania/Smarks/WDI/Smarts boards, it wasn't until some retard who had a breast fetish spelled the word incorrectly.

Come to think of it, SHOCKMASTER inadvertently invented a lot of the words and phrases used by Smarts and WDI posters (excluding outside nuances like how the words were already derived from common every-day writing).

Guest IDrinkRatsMilk

Just cause something is common doesn't mean you didn't invent it. Example, many years ago I made up a song about John Bobbit to the tune of "The Lion Sleeps Tonight". It was a huge hit on the playground. To this day, people on a whole other coast line, more than ten years later, know that song. True story.

Guest Sassquatch

Ever hear the story about IDRM's mom and the guy who fucked her to death?

I was that guy.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
The funniest part in that whole melee was when JJ Botter made a post at WDI threatening to shut the site down if they invaded the Smarks board on account that JJ knew some "people" who were a part of the EZBoard network.

That caused a good laugh amongst the WDI posters.

God Botter was an assclown.

Guest IDrinkRatsMilk

Bah, everybody knows I fucked my own mother to death...

Forget I said that.

Guest Sassquatch

Didn't Botter find religion a while back?

I know he left his band Burst a while ago but I hear rumblings about him finding God and all that jazz.

Guest Sassquatch
Bah, everybody knows I fucked my own mother to death...

Forget I said that.

Consider it done.

*coughMomFuckercough*

Guest cobainwasmurdered
Didn't Botter find religion a while back?

I know he left his band Burst a while ago but I hear rumblings about him finding God and all that jazz.

Not sure, but I know he's an asshole so the church is welcome to him.