TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest CoreyLazarus416

Recent purchases

Guest CoreyLazarus416

I went to the mall today. Stopped by Hot Topic to grab a couple of shirts (specifically looked for the classic Misfits logo shirt and a Black Label Society shirt, and was successful), and then went to Best Buy. I bought The Ring and Mick Foley: Hard Knocks & Cheap Pops on DVD. Just watched Foley/HBK from Mind Games (and I don't think it's THE greatest Foley match ever, but definitely up there), and I've either already seen the other matches or have no real desire to...except for Kennel In A Cell with Foley/Kelly on commentary.

I'll probably watch The Ring either late tonight or tomorrow afternoon when my nephew goes home (he's spending the night).

Anybody else buy some shit lately?

Guest Bruiser Chong
Ah the classic "I Just Bought" thread; I was wondering when it'd finally pop up here. Anyway, in the past couple of weeks I've bought One Hour Photo, Robocop: Criterion Collection (off of eBay), The Ref, Rush, and Donnie Darko. OHP cost around $18 at Best Buy, while the last three on there cost $9.99 each at BB when I got them all this past Friday night. Robo was a little more expensive though, since it's OOP and all. Don't care though as it's easily one of my favorite movies and I've been trying to track it down for a while.

Guest godthedog

at the beginning of the semester, way back in january, i preordered 'pierrot le fou' from borders, and they JUST got it in on thursday. it took ten god damn weeks to get that thing, but it only cost me ten bucks & it's one of my favorite movies so i'm EXTREMELY happy.

last weekend i went to best buy & got a 2-disc orson welles set with 'the stranger' and 'the trial' on it. looks to be mildly interesting. it's got the first movie welles ever made on it (this short silent film, 'hearts of age'); i liked it cause it was pretty bad, & it thrilled me to death that the first short film i ever made is better than the first one orson fucking welles made. jeff lyons does commentary on both the features; i listened to the first ten minutes on 'the stranger', and it was god awful. but it was still worth it, cause it's 2 movies for $23, and now i finally have a better print of 'the trial' than my shitty $4 video.

next dvd i'm getting will either be 'the lady from shanghai' or 'the seven samurai'. shanghai is $20 and has some good features. samurai is $40 with nothing special but commentary, but...well shit, it's 'the seven samurai'. what should i pick?

Guest evenflowDDT

Criterions are just... whoa, I hate how expensive they are but love the "instant class" they grant my collection. Plus they're great films, with good transfers at all. But... they're so damn expensive.

Anyway, I actually got my Seven Samurai on a "3 for 1" trade-in at Wherehouse. Unfortunately, they wouldn't accept one of my discs so instead of giving me the whole thing for free like they were supposed to I only got a $10 discount. I'd suggest you do this, but make sure they accept all three movies first. Punks.

EDIT: Oh yea, I'm waiting for Citizen Toxie, although I have a bid on The Devil in Miss Jones on eBay.

Guest Bruiser Chong
How could I forget this one-- I also picked up the Restored Version of Metropolis last Thursday. I know Evenflow'll be happy with that one. Awesome movie and a bitchin' DVD. Cost me $25 though, but totally worth it.

Guest Youth N Asia

Donnie Darko on DVD for $10?! I'm so there.

I just picked up Road To Perdition...first movie I've gotten in a while actually.

Guest evenflowDDT
How could I forget this one-- I also picked up the Restored Version of Metropolis last Thursday. I know Evenflow'll be happy with that one. Awesome movie and a bitchin' DVD. Cost me $25 though, but totally worth it.

Indeed. I just watched it again with my friends (who haven't seen the film before) recently, and I was just in awe at how beautiful the film was and how much stuff I had missed in my previous, incomplete versions of it. And my friends were in awe of the film, so maybe I can get off my ass and write a proper review, but until that fateful day let me just say: you made the right choice. I can't pimp this disc enough.

Guest Bruiser Chong

Yeah, I've been a fan of the movie ever since I saw it in health class (the teacher has one of those I'll do whatever the fuck I want attitudes, which is why we watched it) just cause the teacher is obsessed with the movie. I was really impressed, despite it being the version with the 80's music.

As far as the restored version goes, it's amazing how much they cleaned the picture up. It looked nothing like that in other versions. It's a shame that despite this version being the most complete it'll prolly ever be, there's still a lot of the film that's missing and gone forever. Those missing scenes sound quite interesting too, so that makes it an even bigger kick in the ass.

I've gotten a lot lately, last purchase was on Friday night, I picked up The Ring, Star Wars: Episode II and Spider-Man.

I had just not gotten around to getting SW, even though I used to be a buff in the day and wanted to see it again soon, so I bought it. I had waited on Spidey cause I heard they were doing 4 discs, but apparently I was wrong. The Ring I still haven't even seen, but it was $15 at Wal-Mart and it won't get that cheap anytime soon after this, so I just got it.

Guest El Satanico

Well after spending nearly $700 on my purchase of Tivo(unit and lifetime service) about 2 months ago my purchases have slowed down alot.

This week I got The Ring and Ringu on DVD.

Two weeks ago i bought a 12" Tortured Souls figure and an official theater used double sided poster of Daredevil off Ebay.

And that's all i will buy until the 25th of this month. Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Jackass come out on that day. First season of Futurama is also coming out that day and i may get depending on the price and if it's marked down the first week.

Guest Ravenbomb

I also got the 9.99 Donnie Darko DVD (I've got 'Mad World' stuck in my head) along with The Majestic and The Ring and Ringu

Guest areacode212

I dropped by the pawn shop again this past week (where I bought Donnie Darko for $5 last year), and picked up Igby Goes Down, The Rules of Attraction, and Goldfinger. I was hoping to score a copy of The Ring (which I won't pay full price for) and Ringu, but better luck this coming week.

Edited by areacode212

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Wow, a thread I made is actually pinned. W00T W00T~!

I need to rent Ringu. But yeah, re: The Ring's special features...

...crap. 4 or 5 deleted scenes and a trailer for Ringu that leads into a trailer for Catch Me If You Can. I thought that it would AT LEAST have the full nightmare video (unless it does and I just can't find it).

Guest Bruiser Chong
Wow, a thread I made is actually pinned. W00T W00T~!

I need to rent Ringu. But yeah, re: The Ring's special features...

...crap. 4 or 5 deleted scenes and a trailer for Ringu that leads into a trailer for Catch Me If You Can. I thought that it would AT LEAST have the full nightmare video (unless it does and I just can't find it).

If you're talking about the video that's contained one the tape, it's there, it's just an easter egg. From DVDeastereggs.com:

There are three ways to get this- on the Main Menu- move the red Arrow next to "Play Movie" and press the up arrow button on your remote- OR put the arrow nest to "Look Here" and press down- OR just hit the Numeric Key 6 on your remote if you have it- whichever you do, the red arrow will dissapear- then just hit Enter- and you'll get to watch the infamous video.

Guest ISportsFan

Latest pickup was Road to Perdition. My collection is in the list thread that is pinned.

Jason

Guest Blue Bacchus

I snagged Batman:Mask of the Phantasm, G-Saviour, Best of WWE Confidential, The Three Musketeers, The Rocketeer, and Star Trek IV: Voyage home this past week.

Overstock.com is a gift from the heavens. I bought The Shield: Season 1, WWE Judgment Day 2001, Boiler Room, Pee Wee's Big Adventure, WWE Unforgiven 2002 and Frequency for about 100 bucks after shipping.

Dames

Guest areacode212

Dropped by the pawn shop this morning. I got Brotherhood of the Wolf (I already have the Canadian 3-disc, but this has a much better transfer, supposedly), One Hour Photo, Silence of the Lambs: SE, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, and...The Ring. I know I said I'd wait for the SE, but it's a good deal for $5, plus now I can take screenshots of it.

AC...don't you dare put up any screenshots of Samara unless you want to give me a heart attack.

Dames

Edited by The Dames

Guest C.H.U.D.

I have actually bought a DVD in the last month! I picked up Quest for Fire last week. Pretty sweet DVD considering it cost $11.

I also have the Bloody Birthday DVD coming in the mail.

Guest El Satanico

Dames is currently trying to find a loophole that will allow him to ban Ravenbomb

Guest Bruiser Chong
Picked up One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest: SE and Citizen Kane: SE as part of that bitchin' 2 for $25 special that Best Buy's got goin' on right now.

Guest converge241

well i bought it a while ago but I have to pimp it

Rules Of Attraction

favorite movie (and book) EVER

my next purchase will be Columbine in April

Guest C.H.U.D.
my next purchase will be Columbine in April

No it won't. MGM has cancelled the April release and no new release date has been announced yet.