TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest CoreyLazarus416

Recent purchases

Guest Ravenbomb

Metropolis (anime version), Princess Mononoke, Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter, Raging Bull, The Wild Bunch, Suicide Circle, October Sky, The Truman Show, Uzumaki, Dark City, and The Untouchables

Guest bravesfan

Just ordered:

WWF Hardcore

WWE Global Warning

WWE No Mercy 2002

WWE Survivor Series 2002

WWE Rebellion 2002

and a few old CV tapes for about $80.00 altogether.

Guest CanadianChris

Just got Friends Seasons 2 and 3, Buffy The Vampire Slayer Seasons 2 and 3, and Angel Season 1. Oh, and Robin Williams Live on Broadway.

Guest Kingpk

I checked out Overstock.com and ordered the MST3K DVD Box Set (Vol. 1), Cave Dwellers (VHS version) and Jerry Seinfeld's I'm Telling You for the Last Time all for $55.

I seriously lucked out on Friday.

At the Virgin Megastore in Times Square, where EVERYTHING is severely overpriced, they had a sale. 5 specially marked DVD's for 70. I used to work there and I NEVER bought anything because it was always so damn expensive.

I got down there and couldn't resist. I picked up Ferris Beuller's Day Off, "O", Reservoir Dogs, Say Anything and The Warriors.

I got to the register and the woman said it came out to 80 something and I paid without questioning it. She did though and went on to try and fix the price for me, giving me what seemed to be the longest receipt in history. Eventually, she ended up giving me a 20 dollar refund by accident and I only paid 60 for the whole shebang.

Dames

I picked up "Like Mike" (not a horrible movie, seen it before, similar to Angels in the Outfield and Rookie of the Year, movies like that) at a used Video Game store for $8 and it looks perfect.

I also picked up the Disney Adventures of Huck Finn from the early 90s starring Elijiah Wood that I didn't even know was on DVD at Wal-Mart for $9.44.

I got screwed at The Wiz, as I was waiting for the price drop to get to 50% off to pick up The Sopranos: Season Three but every copy was sold the day before, when it was at 40% off for some reason.

So, instead, I bought The Scorpion King, Shallow Hall, Kiss of the Dragon and Mick Foley: Hard Knocks and Cheap Pops, finally.

Dames

Guest areacode212

I can't believe all that stuff is still at your Wiz location. Mine got in a massive shipment of stuff (supposedly from the NJ stores), but it was mostly stuff that I already have (Total Recall in the round tin), or crap that I would never want. Well, they did have Cast Away for $7, but I was too lazy to stand on that long line.

All the TV box sets disappeared weeks ago.

I'm going to head to 86th today after work to see if they have The Sopranos Box Set, but I'm not very optimistic.

It's funny, at the Wiz near me, they have a TON of "The Royal Tenenbaums" and "The Man Who Wasn't There". That definitely isn't going to sell well there either.

Dames

Guest Will Scarlet

I just picked up Tomorrow Never Dies and some Jackie Chan movie called The Accidental Spy.

Guest Bruiser Chong

In the last week or so, I've picked up Dawon's Creek: Season One, Jawbreaker, Pulp Fiction SE, Beyond the Mat: Unrated Director's Cut, and The Last Temptation of Christ from the Criterion Collection. Dawson came from Best Buy for about $28, Jawbreaker from the $5.88 bin at Wal-Mart, Pulp from an online trader for $10 shipped, Beyond the Mat from a used CD store for $10, and LTOC today in the mail from eBay which was about $29 shipped (great deal when you consider it's $38 at BB and this looks and plays like new). Family Guy is looking like the only purchase in the coming week, although I may take BB up on their 2-for-$20 deal this week since there's some good stuff there.

Guest C.H.U.D.

I got my copy of the special edition of Assault on Precinct 13 in the mail today.

Guest DVD Spree

Just picked up a few Stephen Chow flicks: God of Cookery, From Beijing With Love, King of Comedy, and a spare copy of Shaolin Soccer.

I got a trade trailer for Transformers: The Movie with a bunch of deleted scenes on it, the RoboCop Criterion disc (not as good as the R2 Special Edition), and muthafuckin' BOLO THE MOVIE is on its way.

Guest ArkhamGlobe

The Lady from Shanghai and The Who live at Isle of Wight 1970 will arrive in my mailbox tomorrow.

Guest DVD Spree
Just picked up a few Stephen Chow flicks: God of Cookery, From Beijing With Love, King of Comedy, and a spare copy of Shaolin Soccer.

I got a trade trailer for Transformers: The Movie with a bunch of deleted scenes on it, the RoboCop Criterion disc (not as good as the R2 Special Edition), and muthafuckin' BOLO THE MOVIE is on its way.

Add ECW Hardcore TV: Volume 1 and Chasing Amy to the list - forgot all about them. And what's the deal with that guy on the Amy commentary? Why would you ask someone to participate in a voiceover track when he#s got frigging mushmouth?

Guest Grand Slam

Having just had my birthday, i have added several things to my collection in the last two or three weeks.

- When It Was a Game Triple Play Pack

- Who Framed Roger Rabbit

- Predator

- Lilo & Stitch

- Mask Of Zorro Superbit Deluxe

- Princess Bride Special Edition

- Harry Potter and the Chaber of Secrets