TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tank_abbott

Trivia

Guest WrestlingDeacon

Let's clear up the ones I posted.

1) Aboard what naval ship did the Stars and Stripes Challenge to body slam Yokozuna take place in 1993?

The USS Intrepid is correct.

3) What is the WWF link between Tony Atlas and Shane Douglas?

That they both made their WWF ppv debuts at RR '91 is correct. I was also thinking that it was the only time both men competed in a royal rumble, but Douglas might have during his Dean Douglas period, have to look it up.

5) What song did the AWA ripoff for their "Wrestle Rock Rumble?"

It was the Super Bowl Shuffle, correct.

6) What locale did the first WCW All-Nighter take place?

It was the supposed home of Tony Shiavone, correct.

7) Who was the War Machine when JJ Dillon had to bow out of a War Games match?

Big Bubba Rogers is correct.

9) What was the name of the stable that gave the wrestling world both Jim "Warrior" Hellwig and Steve "Sting" Borden.

Power Team USA is correct.

4) What was the last match in AWA history (when it folded under Verne Gagne) and who won it?

Partially correct. The match was won by Jake "Milkman" Milliman, but it was not a battle royale.

Other questions still up for grabs include:

2) Who has been reported to have been Frank Sinatra's favorite wrestler after seeing him on television in England?

8) Who trained Michael Jones, aka Virgil, to be a wrestler?

10) Who did the Varsity Club choke out on an episode of NWA Saturday Night with a coat hanger?

11) Who did Andre the Giant play cribbage in the nude with to freak out backstage visitors to WWF events?

Precious was not the one choked out. It was an active wrestler.

Guest JHawk
Precious was not the one choked out. It was an active wrestler.

Jimmy Garvin then.

Guest wayzing

I put this one in the WWE Trivia forum but I guess it belongs here. Plus no one gave it a shot there :(

Here's a pretty cool trivia question:

These three men have done something that no one else has done. What?

King Kong Bundy

Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase

Lex Luger

King Kong Bundy

Lex Luger

let's see ... what do they have in common ... all three lost world title matches at WrestleMania and went on to form tag teams afterwards ... all three have defeated Hogan somehow or another during their career ... ?

Guest wayzing

King Kong Bundy

Lex Luger

let's see ... what do they have in common ... all three lost world title matches at WrestleMania and went on to form tag teams afterwards ... all three have defeated Hogan somehow or another during their career ... ?

They have done that but others have done it too. But your first suggestions is up the right alley.

Hmmm ... they were all expected by many to become the new champion? I know Dibiase and Luger were rumored to originally win their matches, I doubt the same holds true for Bundy.

Guest tank_abbott

Toru tanaka was on the plane that was Hijacked (76ish?)

Bossman beat Mideon in the 1 minute cage match...more trivia later

1. What wrestler turned road agent made his WWF TV debut in Seattle?

2. Who did Ahmed Johnson squash in a non-title match the day after winning the IC title?

3. Looking past his match with Mr. Perfect at the 1993 KOTR, Mr. Hughes sent a message to his potential semi-final opponent Bret Hart. How did he do this?

4. Who interfered in the final bout of the Rick Rude / Dustin Rhodes Best 2 of 3 series for the vacant U.S. title?

5. Why did the Hollywood Blondes endorse the Nasty Boys in their upcoming match with the Horsemen for the tag titles at Fall Brawl 93?

Guest Retro Rob

1. Pat Patterson? He used to wrestle on the west coast.

2. Owen Hart?

4. Ric Flair? He was feuding with Rude at the time. Funny thing, I have this match on tape, but never got to watching the very end of the tape (this match).

5. Because the Horsemen had previously beaten the Blondes for the titles.

Hopefully I at least got one right. :P

4. Ric Flair? He was feuding with Rude at the time. Funny thing, I have this match on tape, but never got to watching the very end of the tape (this match).

5. Because the Horsemen had previously beaten the Blondes for the titles.

4 is correct. 5 is very close and it is partially true but there is just a little bit more to it than that.

As far as the TV debut in Seattle, you don't have to look back TOO far. It wasn't yesterday but it was well after the company went national (and global).

Guest MillenniumMan831

5. The Nasties promised The Blondes a title shot?

I'll say Terry Taylor debuted in Seattle.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

I'll spill the beans on mine still up.

4) What was the last match in AWA history (when it folded under Verne Gagne) and who won it?

2) Who has been reported to have been Frank Sinatra's favorite wrestler after seeing him on television in England?

8) Who trained Michael Jones, aka Virgil, to be a wrestler?

10) Who did the Varsity Club choke out on an episode of NWA Saturday Night with a coat hanger?

11) Who did Andre the Giant play cribbage in the nude with to freak out backstage visitors to WWF events?

4) It was Jake Milliman, but he went over Col. DeBeers in a frozen turkey on a pole match

2) Giant Haystack, aka Loch Ness. Sinatra was impressed with his size and strength

8) SD Jones. Virgil started in the indy's under the tribute name of Soul Train Jones

10) Nikita Koloff

11) Tito Santana

1. What wrestler turned road agent made his WWF TV debut in Seattle?

2. Who did Ahmed Johnson squash in a non-title match the day after winning the IC title?

3. Looking past his match with Mr. Perfect at the 1993 KOTR, Mr. Hughes sent a message to his potential semi-final opponent Bret Hart. How did he do this?

4. Who interfered in the final bout of the Rick Rude / Dustin Rhodes Best 2 of 3 series for the vacant U.S. title?

5. Why did the Hollywood Blondes endorse the Nasty Boys in their upcoming match with the Horsemen for the tag titles at Fall Brawl 93?

Answers...

1. Farooq during the July 96 Raw taping, the day after International Incident

2. Triple H

3. Mr. Hughes squashed Owen Hart

4. Ric Flair

5. The Nastys promised them a title shot

Guest wayzing

King Kong Bundy

Lex Luger

They have done that but others have done it too. But your first suggestions is up the right alley.

Of all the wrestlers who have ever competed in a WWF/E heavyweight title match at WrestleMania Bundy, DiBiase and Luger are the only ones that never held the title during their careers.

Not the most prestigious club to be a card carrying member in, right :P

Guest tank_abbott

1>Who was Brutus Beefcake originally going to face at Summerslam 90, before being injured?

2> Who is the only NWA World Champion to come from New Zeland?

3> Who did Shawn Micheals face in his 4-4-4 History bout in the Texas Wrestling Alliance? (Shawn's supposed one and only comeback match after WM 14)

4> Who were the last UWF TAG Champs (No peeking into your Almanacs!)?

5> Who is the only man "The Guiding Light" ever led to a Singles World Title?

1>Who was Brutus Beefcake originally going to face at Summerslam 90, before being injured?

3> Who did Shawn Micheals face in his 4-4-4 History bout in the Texas Wrestling Alliance? (Shawn's supposed one and only comeback match after WM 14)

1. Mr. Perfect

3. Venom

Guest WrestlingDeacon

4) My guess would be the Bushwackers (Sheepherders at that time)

5) By "Guiding Light" I assume you mean Lou Albano's nickname and not the soap opera. In that case, it would be Ivan Koloff.

Guest JHawk

2. Pat O'Connor

4. I think it was Tim Horner and Brad Armstrong, but they never actually used the titles after Crockett bought them out

Guest tank_abbott

No. 4 is still unanswered....

Here's some more:

1> Under what name did Kid Kash compete as an enhancement talent in the WWF?

2> What was the nickname of the shin guard Rugged Ronnie Garvin wore in the WWF?

3> What wrestling legend was the father in law of Gary Albright?

4>What WWF superstar(s) did Kathie Lee once run and hide from during an appearence on Regis and Kathie Lee?

5> Who did Paul Orndorff face on Nitro right before the 4 Horsemen "broke his neck" with a spike piledriver on the cement?

6> Who was Bob Backlund seen arguing with in a police interogation room in a skit promoting WM 11?

7> What was Scotty Anton's name in the USWA?

8> Who was nicknamed the "Doctor of Desire?"

9> What woman competed in both WCW (Women's Championship Wrestling) and WCW (World Championship Wrestling)?

10> What do the Dusty Rhodes/ Billy Graham...Bob Orton jr/ Dick Murdoch...Bulldog/ Repo Man fueds have in common?

6> Who was Bob Backlund seen arguing with in a police interogation room in a skit promoting WM 10?

8> Who was nicknamed the "Doctor of Desire?"

10> What do the Dusty Rhodes/ Billy Graham...Bob Orton jr/ Dick Murdoch...Bulldog/ Repo Man fueds have in common?

6. I believe it was WM 11 ... the NYPD Blue guy ... John Tuturro

8. Tom Pritchard

10. they involved a bullrope

Not to steal the spotlight from tank, but since I'm gone for the weekend I thought I might contribute a few more...

1. Prior to doing so on WWF Superstars that weekend, where did Randy Savage announce that he was going to ask Miss Elizabeth to marry him?

2. Who did the Hart Foundation face in their last match as a team in the summer of 1991?

3. What do these men have in common: Bob Holly, Kwang, Giant Gonzalez, Vader

4. What two world champions did the Mountie feud with during his WWF stint?

5. What three heels teamed up in the house show circuit prior to Summer Slam 93 and would reform an alliance in the spring of 1995, this time as main event faces?

6. Who did Mr. Perfect last feud with prior to his departure from the WWF in 1993?

7. Name 2 major tag teams besides the Quebecars that Bret & Owen Hart faced in their brief time together as a tag team.

8. Name 3 major American championships that changed hands in Japan in recent years - in every case the upcoming title defense was mentioned several days prior on television.

Guest tank_abbott

1> In the middle of the ring?

4> Bret Hart over the IC belt....Sgt. Slaughter was shocked in a ring corner by the cattle prod during a match with Flair...

5> Shawn and .....Diesel and Bam Bam ???

6> After the Micheals fued....maybe....Diesel? Based on the S.Series PPV I'd could only guess Martel, Bomb, or IRS and Diesel and Diesel's the only one I can ever recall him having issues with...

7> Steiner Bros and....HeadShrinkers?

4> Bret Hart over the IC belt....Sgt. Slaughter was shocked in a ring corner by the cattle prod during a match with Flair...

5> Shawn and .....Diesel and Bam Bam ???

6> After the Micheals fued....maybe....Diesel? Based on the S.Series PPV I'd could only guess Martel, Bomb, or IRS and Diesel and Diesel's the only one I can ever recall him having issues with...

7> Steiner Bros and....HeadShrinkers?

all correct ... good job :)

Guest WrestlingDeacon
2> What was the nickname of the shin guard Rugged Ronnie Garvin wore in the WWF?

Hammer Jammer

3> What wrestling legend was the father in law of Gary Albright?

Afa

4>What WWF superstar(s) did Kathie Lee once run and hide from during an appearence on Regis and Kathie Lee?

Steve Austin

5> Who did Paul Orndorff face on Nitro right before the 4 Horsemen "broke his neck" with a spike piledriver on the cement?

Disco Inferno

7> What was Scotty Anton's name in the USWA?

Scott Studd

9> What woman competed in both WCW (Women's Championship Wrestling) and WCW (World Championship Wrestling)?

Wild guess at Molly Holly

Guest tank_abbott

4> Austin maybe be right, but I never saw her do that with him....I'm thinking some one else...

So To simplify: (Still Unanswered)

1> Under what name did Kid Kash compete as an enhancement talent in the WWF?

4> Who were the last UWF TAG Champs (No peeking into your Almanacs!)?

Guest WrestlingDeacon
2. Who did the Hart Foundation face in their last match as a team in the summer of 1991?

Rougeau Brothers

8. Name 3 major American championships that changed hands in Japan in recent years - in every case the upcoming title defense was mentioned several days prior on television.

WWF Lightweight

WCW U.S.

WCW Cruiserweight

WWF Lightweight

WCW U.S.

WCW Cruiserweight

The WCW U.S. belt is correct ... 2 others