TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Redhawk

Best unintenional WWE comedy

Guest CanadianChick

I think it was the Bret/Owen match from WM 10, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. The crowd was chanting "USA". Okay, I know that the corwd can be caught up in the excitment and thought that Bret was from USA, but wouldn't his known brother be from the same friggin place? Oh, and HOgan calling Yoko "some jap" and then preceding to say that Bret is from USA at wrestlemania 9. And then the corwd chanting USA for Bret didn't make it much better.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
I think it was the Bret/Owen match from WM 10, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. The crowd was chanting "USA". Okay, I know that the corwd can be caught up in the excitment and thought that Bret was from USA, but wouldn't his known brother be from the same friggin place? Oh, and HOgan calling Yoko "some jap" and then preceding to say that Bret is from USA at wrestlemania 9. And then the corwd chanting USA for Bret didn't make it much better.

This can be summed up for one simple reason: Unless told specifically otherwise, fans assumed heroes were from the US.

It's either that or no one gives a shit about Canada. Believe me we have our top men hard at work on it right now.

Top men.

Guest Anglesault
It's either that or no one gives a shit about Canada. Believe me we have our top men hard at work on it right now.

Read: Two Dogs and an elderly gentlemen. Oh well, it's not like the conclusion was in doubt anyway.

Guest KingOfOldSchool
There was an incident on RAW a few years back when The Union (Foley, McMahon, Show)

The Union was Foley Show Shamrock and Suck, wasn't it?

Vince was in it, wasn't he?

No. Remember, the Union formed after Vince was revealed to be behind the Corporate Ministry. Vince fucking with Shamrock's trust and using him as a pawn was Shamrock's whole reason for joining up with Test, Show and Foley in the Union.

Another unintentionally funny moment, was the night of Nash's quad tear, when at the end of the night, Michaels was giving his ultimatum speech to Triple H. With Nash laying on the ground just feet away, Shawn grabbed the mic and said... "Triple H - what you see here is your future - at Vengeance you will either stand tall with the NWO, or you will end up face down like all the rest." Just a bad, bad night all around.

Guest HartFan86

It was actually Bret/Yoko from Mania 9...Hennan makes a comment saying "One guy is from Canada, one guy is from Japan and the crowd is chanting USA. Go figure."

Guest bob_barron

The Bradshaw flag burning-

They had just cleared the ring of Team Canada and Bradshaw is waving the flag. At the same time Kane is doing his 'light the ringposts' on fire thing. Well Bradshaw waves the flag right near the flames and comes very very close to lighting the flag on fire. It's hilarious

Guest CanadianChick

How did this turn into a Canadian bashing thread?

Anyways, another funny moment: Jericho vs. Steiner for the number 1 contender spot for No Way Out. Jericho threw Steiner into the steps shoulder first. Steiner says "Ow" like he just stubbed his toe.

And the reminder of Brock doing the happy dance at Raw Tenth Anniversity reminded me of RVD doing the thumbs point with a suit and glasses on. That wasn't as funnny as the happy dance, but it was up there.

Guest Anglesault
There was an incident on RAW a few years back when The Union (Foley, McMahon, Show)

No. Remember, the Union formed after Vince was revealed to be behind the Corporate Ministry. Vince fucking with Shamrock's trust and using him as a pawn was Shamrock's whole reason for joining up with Test, Show and Foley in the Union.

It was formed before that. The Union was actually The Union of People You OUghta Respect, Shane (UP YOURS) and Vince was an ally. Yes, I remember the name, Shut up.

Guest Jack Tunney

Well,Helen Hart was from the US.So I guess you could say Bret and Owen were "Half-American".

anyway.....

-Whenever a wrestler is laying on the mat waiting for the other guy to jump on them and they inch over a little bit to get closer.

-At the RAW 10th ann. when Stacey says,"There's been a lot of stupid gimmicks here,like a dentist...." And the whole crowd screams "KANE!!!"

-Steiner's great mic work. "You've beaten a lot of guys,but you cant beat me!!" Good one SCott.

Guest Tony149

Actually, the Union formed over the course of two or three weeks after Shane "merged" the Corporation with the Ministry, Foley and the guys cut a promo stating they were a "Union of People You Outta Respect, Shane"...or UP YORS. I'm not sure if that (UP YORS) was the intended name of the group but the name Union stayed. Vince then hooked up with the Union for a while (which was most likely an in-joke about Vince working with a union) before revealing himself as the "Higher Power."

EDIT: AS said it before me.

Edited by Tony149

Guest CanadianChick
i always find funny when RVD sells and goes 'ow ow ow owww...'

It was priceless when he did that when faking the neck injury against Kane. I laughed pretty hard at that.

Guest Stunt Granny

Rob Van Dam "playing possum" against Kane, laying on the mat clutching his arm saying "ow ow ow ow ow ow ow". Funny.

Guest Anglesault
anyway.....

-Whenever a wrestler is laying on the mat waiting for the other guy to jump on them and they inch over a little bit to get closer.

On a related note, who else despises the spot where a heel jumps off the second rope into the foot of the face? What the hell were they going for?

Okay, you can proceed now.

Guest Fook_Hing_Ho

Lawler: Hey Hunter, I see Chyna speaks spanish. Are you bilingual like she is?

HHH: I'm "bi" a lot of things but lingual isn't one of them.

*awkward silence*

HHH: Did I just say that?

JR: Yep, and we're live!

Guest MaskedDanger
"Where to, Stephanie?"

I don't think that was SUPPOSED to be funny, but it was damn fine comedic timing from Mark Calloway; that's for sure.

Damn I'm glad this was posted. That was years ago, and my friend and I still reference this on a near-daily. It still cracks us up.

Guest bravesfan
The mic failing on Jericho in 6/2001 on RAW in Winnipeg(?) as he cuts a promo on McMahon, who covers by claiming it's a "damn CANADIAN microphone!"

Jericho had a semi-funny pithy comeback about Vince: "Having a multi-billion dollar company, but not being able to get a working microphone."

I don't remember if he said that, but HHH is the one who coined that comeback, when every mic in the building failed at a Smackdown in 2000. I believe HHH, Stephanie, Vince and Austin were in a confrontation, yet no one had a chance to talk for a good 5 minutes.

Guest Redhawk

I always thought it was funny when Godfather would go from Big Mean Dude to Fun Lovin' Pimp in the course of like 0.5 seconds. He'd go from this super-sour scowl to an ear-to-ear grin in no time.

Guest KingOfOldSchool

Actually, the Union formed over the course of two or three weeks after Shane "merged" the Corporation with the Ministry, Foley and the guys cut a promo stating they were a "Union of People You Outta Respect, Shane"...or UP YORS. I'm not sure if that (UP YORS) was the intended name of the group but the name Union stayed. Vince then hooked up with the Union for a while (which was most likely an in-joke about Vince working with a union) before revealing himself as the "Higher Power."

EDIT: AS said it before me.

But you see, I was trying to lull you all into a false sense of security... and stuff.

Okay, so my recollection of the events are off. Good memory.

Guest AndrewTS
"Where to, Stephanie?"

I don't think that was SUPPOSED to be funny, but it was damn fine comedic timing from Mark Calloway; that's for sure.

Damn I'm glad this was posted. That was years ago, and my friend and I still reference this on a near-daily. It still cracks us up.

Heheheh--Taker delivered it just like a killer out of a horror movie. That was great.

Oh, and stolen from another thread from Sakura:

Mike Tyson's inability to call Austin and HBK by their correct nicknames.

This was aroudn WMXIV time. He kept calling HBK "Hahtbwake" and Austin "Cold Stone."

Guest CanadianChick

All this talking about sound problems reminded me of last Monday's Raw. When HHH was talking to Shark Boy (I think) and Maven, you see HHH talking and then getting angry and then hitting Shark Boy. After the silence because of the sound problems, all you hear is Maven say "He wasn't even on Tough Enough numnuts!". That got me chuckling.

Guest Stunt Granny

It was never televise but I heard a story of Road Dogg saying "Detroit Rock City, welcome to the dog house!" Only problem was, they were in Cleveland.

Guest AndrewTS
All this talking about sound problems reminded me of last Monday's Raw. When HHH was talking to Shark Boy (I think) and Maven, you see HHH talking and then getting angry and then hitting Shark Boy. After the silence because of the sound problems, all you hear is Maven say "He wasn't even on Tough Enough numnuts!". That got me chuckling.

Obviously HHH was voicing his complaints about Tough Enough. ;)

That's why HHH has so little heat and can't draw, you know.

This isn't WWE--but how about that the name of the thread isn't spelled correctly?

Guest Redhawk

Concerning Mike Tyson...

This was aroudn WMXIV time. He kept calling HBK "Hahtbwake" and Austin "Cold Stone."

At Royal Rumble 1998, just before the Taker-HBK match, Tyson calls Shawn a "young up-and-comer." I wish they'd actually made sure Mike had been watching wrestling before just throwing him out there like that.

Another funny moment was the night after Judgment Day 2000. Undertaker (the day after his new character debuted) chased off the McMahon-Helmsleys, leaving Rock and HHH alone. Rock beats HHH's ass, but then has all kinds of trouble trying to get his shirt off. He hadn't unbuttoned the sleeve, so his hand was stuck in the shirt. It took him a few minutes, and as a matter or fact when he did his on-the-ropes pose it was still stuck.

Guest Nobody in Particular
Another unintentionally funny moment, was the night of Nash's quad tear, when at the end of the night, Michaels was giving his ultimatum speech to Triple H.  With Nash laying on the ground just feet away, Shawn grabbed the mic and said... "Triple H - what you see here is your future - at Vengeance you will either stand tall with the NWO, or you will end up face down like all the rest."  Just a bad, bad night all around.

And the next week's show opened with Vince saying the nWo is dead. Go fig.

Guest Lord of The Curry

- Royal Rumble 92. Big Bossman is thrown out and does an accidental hangman on the second rope, choking himself out for 5 seconds or so before slumping to the floor.

- Jericho spitting out the blood capsule.

- No Way Out 2001, after the HHH/Austin match they're lying in a heap on top of each other and a full can of beer comes flying in the ring and nails Austin square on the top of his head.

- No Way Out 2001, 3 Way Tables match between Bros of Destruction, Dudz and E&C and Bubba slips on a chair on the outside and slides down the ramp and lands on Kane.

Guest Stunt Granny

Taker vs. Helmsly from WM X7, Taker gives the ref 1!! elbow drop and he is down for 15 minutes legit while HHH and Taker brawl through the crowd.

Guest The Czech Republic
I always thought it was funny when Godfather would go from Big Mean Dude to Fun Lovin' Pimp in the course of like 0.5 seconds.

which reminds me of Michael COle and J.R. :"The Godfather is just a big fun lovin' guy!" in efforts to not say he's a pimp.