TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Urban Warfare

The one and only NHL playoffs thread

I think that Chris Berman was put there for the specific reason to piss me off. I hate him, and after Melrose's bullshit, I'm not too warm on him either. I don't know why ESPN holds Melrose in such high regard. Oh, he coached Gretzky? How fucking hard was that?

"OK, now Wayne, when you get out there, skate fast and put the puck into their net."

"Really?! THANKS COACH!"

Ferraro has been doing better, but Melrose is holding him down. They should bring someone in that's new this next year. I can't survive with Melrose on ESPN/ABC and fucking Denis Potvin on FSN.

I agree 100% with the ESPN/Melrose comment. I mean seriously we understand that Wayne carried that mullet to the Finals ten years ago, why must you show the highlight at least once every game ABC/ESPN covered these playoffs?

Guest MaxPower27

Ratings up, share down in hockey's seventh game

NEW YORK (AP) -- The seventh game of the Stanley Cup finals Monday night drew a higher rating on ABC than the seventh game two years ago.

The share of the audience for the New Jersey Devils' 3-0 victory over the Anaheim Might Ducks was slightly down.

The overnight rating was a 5.8, with a 9 share. The last seventh game, the Devils' loss to Colorado in 2001, drew a 5.6 with an 11 share.

The rating is the percentage of all homes with TVs, whether or not they are in use. Overnight ratings measure the 55 largest TV markets in the United States, covering nearly 70 percent of the country.

Each overnight rating point represents about 735,000 TV homes.

The highest rating was in Detroit, which had an 11 rating and a 16 share. Detroit is a major hockey market that abuts Canada.

A similar market, Buffalo, had a 9.6 and 14. New York, home market for the Devils, drew a 10.1 and a 15 share, and Los Angeles had a 10.0 and an 18 share.

Saturday night's sixth game had a 2.4 rating and a 5 share.

--NHL.com

Guest Slingshot Suplex

It's too bad that NHL Center Ice doesn't show the last 2 rounds of the playoffs......I really missed the HNIC coverage.

I did mark out when I saw Ron McLean in the background at ice level interviewing some Devil.

Heh.Detroit had higher ratings than either of the 2 teams' markets.

Guest treble charged

And the Detroit rating doesn't even take into account how many people were watching the CBC coverage.

Guest Lightning Flik
And the Detroit rating doesn't even take into account how many people were watching the CBC coverage.

That's right. They get our CBC coverage, don't they?

Guest nl5xsk1

Melrose is fine ... he can get annoying when he pimps too much for one of his teams, but he fits his role well: I think he's there to be the "antagonistic sidekick" to the "straight man", a role normally filled by Levy or Buccigross.

Berman, on the other hand, sucks ... keep him the fuck away from hockey. It's bad enough that he ruins my enjoyment of the football highlights. I especially like it when he mispronounces a players last name in order to make it fit one of his little nickname things.

And the more I watched the games, the more I dug watching Sam Ryan do her pointless interviews. To describe her in one word: tasty.

Guest MaxPower27

Melrose should take his head out of his ass. He's an analysist. Not a plug man for his Devils/Flyers. It's fine to like one team, but to undermine a lot of what some of the other teams did is ridiculous.

And I agree about Sam Ryan.

ryan_samantha_small.jpg

Guest Slingshot Suplex

Yeah,they get the station out of Windsor,Ontario.

Guest Lightning Flik

Yeah,they get the station out of Windsor,Ontario.

Thanks for the info.

I feel bad for the Ducks, cause IMO they shoulda won. But oh well, it was hard fought and I enjoyed the series. It was a lot better than I expected and was probably the classiest (thanks to the Devils team, not the fans) one in a long time.

Guest The Czech Republic
Detroit is a major hockey market that abuts Canada.

You mean "aboots" Canada. Hahahahahahahahahaha. It's funny because they say it.

Well it's cool that Buffalo got such a high rating, which should prove to Bettman that the Sabres belong where they are. Though that buffalo head should be replaced with the third-jersey sword logo.

I assume Neilsen doesn't or can't count ratings for CBC in border cities.