TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Slingshot Suplex

The Official Gateway Championship Wrestling Thread

Guest PowerPB13

"Aggies'" is the name of the building/old banquet hall in downtown St. Louis where the GCW event took place, and where they still do shows(usually of the "Adults F'n Only" variety).

-Patrick

Some nobody...

gcwrvd.jpg

Guest PowerPB13

BUMP so that I can shill GCW's shows this weekend. :)

Friday at the Big Top Skatepark in Belleville:

-Diamond Back Dingo vs. "Pretty Boy" Kevin Sharp for the GCW Title

-Makaze(w/ Sindy) vs. Matt for the GCW Light Heavyweight Title

-Nikodemus Ravendark vs. OuTtKaSt

-"The Irish Luchador" Billy McNeil & Rat Boy vs. Diabolic Khaos(Delirious & MsChif) vs. Double Negative(Shawn Almighty & Ian Storm)

-The Old School Warriors(Chaz Wesson & D'Mon G, w/ "The King Of Bling" Coach Chuck Farley) vs. Johnny Greenpeace & "The Whole Drunken Show" Sam Bacardi

-Daizee Haze vs. "Slim Sexy" Sean Vincent

-Nemesis(w/ Sindy) vs. Cabal(of Nightbreed)

-Jynx vs. Jackal(of Nightbreed)

Saturday "Adults F'n Only" at Aggies' on South Broadway in St. Louis:

-No matches announced, but they're promising GCW's first bra & panties match.

Also, congratulations to Matt(aka Matt Sydal), Delirious, and "Hard Knox" Ryan Ash for making encore appearances for NWA-TNA Wednesday night for their XPlosion taping; Matt teamed with Shark Boy and Salvatore Rinauro to defeat Jimmy Rave, Delirious, and Ash in a match that will air this coming weekend on XPlosion.

Next month's shows are scheduled to feature a new female competitor named Lady Victoria(the XPW one?) and also two appearances by The Sandman; Sandman is scheduled to team up with Big Bad Ben against the OSWs on May 17th in Cape Girardeau and is also working the May 16th AF'NO at Aggies'. Also next month, GCW has shows in Overland on the 23rd and DeSoto on the 24th.

-Patrick

Look out below...

gcwasai.jpg

Guest PowerPB13

Originally, they never DID announce matches for Adults F'n Only shows(except maybe the top few matches) as a way of promoting the "expect the unexpected" aspect of the show. This is kind of a return to that after a few months of announcing the matches beforehand like any other show.

-Patrick

gcwooc15.jpg

Guest Slingshot Suplex

St.Louis is a long way to go for not knowing anything at all on the show though. I'm going anyway this time,but just saying.......

Guest PowerPB13

Quick results from tonight in Belleville:

Sean Vincent beat Daizee Haze(with help from D'Mon and Coach).

Jynx beat Jackal.

Nemesis and Cabal fought to a double countout.

Outtkast beat the debuting Kory Twist.

Sam Bacardi and Sean Vincent(named by Commissioner Keith Smith as a replacement for the absent Johnny Greenpeace) beat Chaz Wesson and D'Mon G when a Vincent attack backfired and Bacardi pinned Wesson.

Ryan Ash beat Christian Haze.

Billy McNeil & Rat Boy won the three-way tag team dance; MsChif pinned Ian Storm to eliminate Double Negative, then Rat Boy pinned Delirious after the Dolphin Dive to eliminate Diabolic Khaos and win the match.

Makaze beat Matt to retain the GCW Light Heavyweight Title

Diamond Back Dingo beat Kevin Sharp to retain the GCW Heavyweight Title.

I had to ask around for the results since I got off work at 10 and went to the show right after, only to get there just as it was ending...ah well.

-Patrick

Guest PowerPB13

Quick GCW results from tonight(early ones gotten from another fan who was there, later ones from personal viewing)...these are cross-posted from the message board on gatewaywrestling.com.

-Jackal won the opener against the debuting "Mike The Mime".

-Kory Twist scored his first GCW victory by defeating Jynx.

-OuTtKaSt continued his recent winning ways with a pinfall over Ian Storm.

-Heart Attack Jack defeated Sean Vincent in, yes, a bra & panties match. It was scheduled to be MsChif vs. Daizee Haze with Sean Vincent as referee, but Commissioner Keith Smith decided to screw with Vincent yet again by changing the match and making MsChif and Daizee the referees.

-In a followup to that match, Daizee faced Cabal. The match ended in a DQ/no-contest when Diamond Back Dingo ran in to break up the match and save Daizee. This would set up the tag team main event for the night, Dingo and Daizee against Delirious and MsChif.

-In a "Japanese Madhouse" match, Makaze retained the GCW Light Heavyweight Title in what was basically a three-way ladder match involving Billy McNeil and Matt. Makaze won by climbing a ladder to retrieve the belt that was hung from the ceiling.

-I arrived just in time for a modified Royal Rumble which started with the Old School Warriors and also included Jackal, Trainee #10(Melvin Root), Trainee #-whatever trainee number Jim Aggie is(who took some particularly vicious chops during the match), Jynx, Nemesis, and Super Electro(who strutted into the ring, strutted across the ring, and then bailed over the top rope to eliminate himself), among others. The OSWs managed to clear the ring and co-win the match(last eliminating Nemesis), but when they bumped into each other after the final elimination, they came to blows! Not a good sign leading up to their tag match against Big Bad Ben and The Sandman next month...

-Damian Blade came out for action next, but his opponent turned out to be "Miguel The Mime", who appeared to have visited Sam Bacardi's usual barstool between his first match and this one. Blade dominated and won with a chokeslam, hurling insults at Big Bad Ben the whole way. But when Ben entered the ring to take Blade up on his threats, Blade simply walked away.

-In the main event, Dingo and Daizee won a wild matchup against Delirious and MsChif. A guardrail was brought into the ring and Dingo attempted to suplex Delirious onto it, but the move was blocked. Dingo then attempted a chairsault off the guardrail, but Delirious and MsChif tripped him up and he landed rather...painfully on the guardrail. The match ended with a Daizee Cutter on MsChif, a Dingo Driver on Delirious, and a Dingosault on Delirious to give the GCW Heavyweight Champion the victory along with Daizee Haze!

-Patrick

Guest Slingshot Suplex
Heart Attack Jack defeated Sean Vincent in, yes, a bra & panties match. It was scheduled to be MsChif vs. Daizee Haze with Sean Vincent as referee, but Commissioner Keith Smith decided to screw with Vincent yet again by changing the match and making MsChif and Daizee the referees.

Those Gateway promoters/bookers are some sick bastards. :bonk:

Guest Slingshot Suplex

Delirious gets pinned 2 straight nights?? Diabolic Khaos owns GCW,dammit.

Anyway,fun show. The tag main event was great. The Mime vs Jackal match was hilarious as was the Heart Attack Jack vs Sean Vincent carnage and Super Electro's battle royale appearance.

Daizee......damn, that woman takes a beating. I thought Cabal just about killed her.

I'm starting to really dig the Old School Warriors. Well,Chaz and D'Mon G.

I've been to 4 shows now and I don't think I've seen Ryan Ash on any of them.

I think Aggie is trainee # 8 by the way.

Nothing for me till Cape now. I didn't even buy my shirt after all tonight. No shirt,no tape.....nothing. Next time.....

Guest PowerPB13

From my knowledge of trainee numbers, I think Shawn Almighty used to be Trainee #8, actually...ah well. He was announced as just "Jim Aggie" anyway...(and I dunno if you got a look at him, but he was beet red all over, on the front of him from the chops, on the back of him from the kendo stick...eep).

-Patrick

Guest Slingshot Suplex

I thought he was wearing the 8 shirt when he came into the ring. But then again,I may not have been paying that much attention to it.

It was a decent show. Smaller crowd than I was expecting considering the Cape and DeSoto shows drew pretty well. I figured since they kinda announced it last minute that maybe word didn't get out. The main event totally saved it. And the Mime. And Jack vs Vincent. Daizee's reactions in that match were priceless.

Guest PowerPB13

The Adults F'n Only shows traditionally have smaller crowds, I suppose, simply because of the "18 and over" rule. They often feature some of GCW's best stuff, though.

As far as the trainee numbers go, who knows. I remember one night where the artist not yet known as Ian Storm(then known as Trainee #1) came out as Trainee #2(w/ matching shirt) for unexplained reasons, then was back to being Trainee #1 the next time he wrestled. Maybe he just forgot his #1 shirt. :)

Never thought I'd be happy to miss a bra & panties match...

How was the three-way ladder match? I got mixed reviews on it from the people I talked to...

-Patrick

Guest Slingshot Suplex

The three way ladder match......considering the people involved,I thought it would be better. It wasn't bad..it was completely watchable. It just didn't really ever seem to click.

Guest PowerPB13

From talking to the guys after the show, I got that impression...either way, I'll have to go to the videotapes from this month's shows once they're released.

-Patrick, disappointed that the six-man featuring GCW wrestlers reportedly didn't make the cut for XPlosion :(

Guest Slingshot Suplex

I didn't like the rules to it.If you're gonna have a ladder match..suspend the belt above the ring so the guys can actually have a reason to be in the ring and doing something. They couldn't really do any 'trying to get the belt while on the ladder spots' because they were between a ring apron and a wall.

Guest PowerPB13

Well, I guess we can chalk that up to a failed experiment and leave it at that.

GCW's had some great ladder matches in the past(two of the best actually happened within the same month...Ryan Ash vs. OuTtKaSt at the second AF'NO show(the first hair vs. hair ladder match) and Billy McNeil's first Light Heavyweight Title win over Diamond Back Dingo in a TLC match at "TLC X-Mas"...both were in December 2001).

The Matt vs. Ash ladder match at the anniversary show last month was good but unfortunately a bit short(I think it was due to time constraints; they try to fit as much as they can onto the two-hour home video releases).

-Patrick

gcwtlc6.jpg

Guest Slingshot Suplex
Well, I guess we can chalk that up to a failed experiment and leave it at that.

Yeah, I was gonna add that too but I never did

Guest PowerPB13

Looks like GCW won't be back in DeSoto any time soon, from the sound of a few posts on the GCW message board, the show that was scheduled for May 24th is off. At least there's still Cape Girardeau with Sandman and Big Bad Ben against the Old School Warriors. (AF'NO the previous night is Sandman vs. D'Mon G, I think.)

-Patrick

gcwtable.jpg

Guest Slingshot Suplex

Damn,one less show to go to this month. At least the Cape one is still on.

Guest Slingshot Suplex

I guess Dingo,Delirious and Daizee all worked both LAW shows in Poplar Bluff and I think Kennett this past weekend. Which I saw none of the above.

Hopefully,somebody from GCW will be on the Paragould show Saturday. And hopefully,with DeSoto cancelled..maybe they'll be on the Dexter show the 24th.

Guest PowerPB13

BUMP because Dave Rogers has posted the lineups for this weekend's shows:

AF'NO at Aggies' on Friday:

-Sandman vs. D'Mon G

-Dingo vs. Nikodemus Ravendark for the GCW Title

-Makaze vs. Matt vs. OuTtKaSt vs. Jynx vs. Ian Storm in a five-way elimination match for the Light Heavyweight Title

-MsChif vs. Lady Victoria

-Kevin Sharp vs. Chaz Wesson

-Nemesis vs. Sean Vincent

-Heart Attack Jack vs. Cabal

-Daizee Haze vs. Jackal

Cape G on Saturday:

-Sandman & Big Bad Ben vs. Chaz & D'Mon

-Dingo vs. Billy McNeil for the GCW Title

-Daizee vs. Lady Victoria

-Matt vs. Delirious

-MsChif vs. OuTtKaSt

-Kevin Sharp vs. Ian Storm

-Nightbreed(Cabal & Jackal) vs. Jynx & Rat Boy

-Shawn Almighty vs. Super Electro

And it does appear that the Overland show is off as well, I think it has to do with low turnout at shows on Memorial Day weekend but don't hold me to that.

-Patrick

Nemesis vs. Big Bad Ben

gcwfinale06.jpg

Guest Slingshot Suplex

Unfortunately,I can't go Fridays because of work. They need more A F'N O shows on Saturdays as far as I'm concerned.

And no Mike the Mime on either show??? He's over like Austin!

Guest PowerPB13

You never know what's gonna happen at AF'NO, so we'll see if the mime shows his face. :)

And add the matches for the "Gateway Challenge" to AF'NO, whatever those might be...we'll see how those turn out.

As far as Nikki goes, he hasn't been working shows as often since losing the title(and hasn't appeared at shows where he was originally scheduled to wrestle), but I couldn't tell you the reason why.

-Patrick

Guest PowerPB13

BUMP to add a bit more to the Friday lineup...

Friday will be a busy show, with the announced lineup plus the "Gateway Challenge" matches...courtesy of The Stranglehold website(www.thestranglehold.com), here are three of the matches for the challenge:

Representing GCW: Billy McNeil vs. Delirious

Representing South Broadway: Kory Twist vs. Jeremy Lightfoot(Twist worked a couple of GCW shows last month, I don't know anything about Lightfoot)

Representing Midwest Powerhouse Wrestling: Christian Haze vs. Chico Es Loco(I've seen Haze in action and have been impressed, don't know anything about Chico).

Also added, Sickle vs. Hammer. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about them or even what fed they're representing...

For more info about the other feds in question:

MPW: http://www.mpwrestling.com/

South Broadway: http://www.mmwa-sicw.com/

-Patrick

Edited by PowerPB13

Guest Slingshot Suplex

Is South Broadway the one that runs down the street from Aggie's? I remember seeing a sign for wrestling along the way before I finally figured out where Aggie's was.

I may report when I get back from Cape Saturday but I'm bad about remembering matches and I'm usually too busy taking pics to bother writing down results.....but I might.

Guest PowerPB13

Results from AF'NO tonight:

Mike The Mime got caned into next week by Sandman.

Jackal beat Daizee Haze.

Nemesis beat Sean Vincent.

Cabal upset Heart Attack Jack after the dreaded Nut Slam.

Chaz Wesson pinned Kevin Sharp after D'Mon G interfered.

Damian Blade beat Chico Es Loco in Midwest Powerhouse Wrestling's contribution to the Gateway Challenge.

Billy McNeil pinned Delirious after a shooting star press in GCW's entry for the challenge.

Kory Twist beat Jeremy Lightfoot in South Broadway's entry...both guys got over huge with the live crowd in one match.

MsChif pinned Lady Victoria after some help from the rest of Diabolic Khaos. (I arrived during this match.)

In the award ceremony for the Gateway Challenge, it was a dead heat between the GCW guys and the Broadway guys(from the reports, Twist-Lightfoot was THAT GOOD)...the compromise ended up being that Twist and Lightfoot were offered regular spots on the GCW roster, so good for them and good for us fans.

Makaze retained the Light Heavyweight Title in a Five-Way Dance. OuTtKaSt pinned Ian Storm and Jynx pinned Matt simultaneously(KaSt did a Greetings From Asbury Park off the top and Jynx did a face-first Razor's Edge...yikes). Makaze pinned Jynx after a DVD off the top and legdrop off the top. KaSt rallied, but Makaze blocked the third part of the Six-Sic-Six and hit his own Northern Lights suplex for the win.

D'Mon G upset The Sandman after interference from Chaz. A ton of plunder and a super-extended entrance for Sandman in this one.

Dingo was set to defend against Nikodemus Ravendark, but the lights went out...and when they came back on, it wasn't Nikodemus Ravendark standing in the ring with Dingo...it was NIKKI STRYCHNINE! He said "someone" had helped him see the light and offered one last bit of poetry(including the lines "That scum-sucking whore...MADE ME MISS A WHOLE WAR!")...and the fight was on! Awesome match which may have even surpassed Sandman vs. D'Mon in terms of sheer brutality. Dingo unscrewed the top rope to attack Nikki with the turnbuckle hook...Dingo got whipped into the barbed-wire cross, breaking it in two...Dingo baseball-slid a table into Nikki while he was hung up in the corner...Dingo got powerbombed through a table...you name it, it probably happened. End came with Dingo getting slammed onto the remains of the barbed-wire cross and Nikki climbing a ladder to splash Dingo onto the cross for the win, becoming the FOUR-TIME GCW Champion!

Suffice it to say, ME WANT TAPE, this was one for the ages(even if I only saw half of it).

-Patrick

Guest Slingshot Suplex

"Mike The Mime got caned into next week by Sandman"

That's just crap. Mike the Mime f'n rules.

"D'Mon G upset The Sandman after interference from Chaz. A ton of plunder and a super-extended entrance for Sandman in this one"

So the Old School Warriors are intact? And the extended entrance......what a shock. Sandman is the master of the 15 minute run-in.

"Suffice it to say, ME WANT TAPE, this was one for the ages(even if I only saw half of it)."

The return of Nikki Strychnine.....yeah I definitely want this tape too. I wouldn't expect them to have any in Cape tonight but it'd be a nice surprise. But I'll get it eventually.

Guest Slingshot Suplex

OK here's what I remember......bear in mind these are probably not in order. And I have a funny feeling I've forgotten a match.

Super Electro beat Mike the Mime (booooo..although the Electro strut is great.)

Sean Vincent beat Ian Storm

Lady Victoria beat Daizee Haze

Cabal and Jackal beat Jynx and Ratboy

Dingo beat Billy McNeil in an Irish table match

Delirious beat Matt

Sandman and Big Bad Ben beat the Old School Warriors

And most importantly.....MsChif beat OuTtKaSt

and Makaze in a three way dance for the GCW light heavyweight title.