TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crazy Dan

The Official 2003 NBA Playoffs Thread

Guest Ripper

Shaq in shape still isn't half the ball player that Duncan is. He is a great player no doubt, and I still think that most of his limitations are due to the fact that he can't bend his left wrist back which kills any shot outside of 7 feet.

BUT

Duncan is a better shooter, passer, DEFENDER (and I please don't try to argue this one), low post player, rebounder and better ball handler. Shaq is a better physically agressive player, but take away the moves that are illegal per the NBA rule book and he is still a great Center (somewhere in the top 10...behind Kareem, Wilt, Russell, Hakeem, Moses, David Robinson, and one day Tim Duncan) but not on par with Duncan.

Hell, Kevin Garnett is the second best player in the game as a matter of fact so shaQ ain't in the top two.

Guest razazteca

I say have a Free Throw shooting contest...........whoever makes the most out of ten wins.

Tim Duncan had a Triple Double in the Finals and was just 2 blocks from the rare QUAD~DOUBLE!

Can Shaq shoot a bank shot from 15 feet? I don't think so.

Guest Polish_Rifle

Duncan proved all season long and especially in the playoffs why he is better than Shaq.

1. He has the complete game…points, assists, rebounds, blocks

2. He makes his teammates better by giving them the ball at their comfort zones.

3. He knows when to turn up his own game when needed and when to look for his teammates. (For example, when the Spurs went on that 19-0 run, Duncan had “0” points.

4. When his game is not there, he does not mope around and let his head get out of the game.

5. He doesn’t complain to his coach about not touching the ball when he runs up and down the floor a few times.

6. He’s humble yet aggressive when necessary.

7. He can read.

8. He knows the difference between singular and plural.

Need more?

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

Rifle, Shaq at the top of his game also has all of those things. Well, the first 5 anyway.

But I agree Duncan passed Shaq this year and I am a very big Shaq fan. He's right there with Garnett as the most complete player in the NBA.

Anyway, what does everybody see thier teams doing in free agency? This could be a pretty big offseason, because there are a lot of good-great players avaliable this year. Actually, I just remembered there is a list on ESPN so I'll go get it...

ok, actually the list was on SI, but whatever

The Superstars

Elton Brand

Jason Kidd

Jermaine O’Neal

Tim Duncan

Secondary Stars

Andre Miller

Brad Miller

Lamar Odom

Michael Olowokandi

James Posey

Jerry Stackhouse

Jason Terry

Rising Studs

Gilbert Arena

Corey Maggette

Oldies but Goodies

Karl Malone

Alonzo Mourning

Gary Payton

Scottie Pippen

Role Players

Darrell Armstrong

P.J. Brown

Elden Campbell

Derrick Coleman

Lucious Harris

Juwan Howard

Stephen Jackson

Rasho Nesterovic

Kenny Thomas

Kenny Anderson

Raja Bell

Speedy Claxton

Antonio Daniels

Jim Jackson

Lee Nailon

Walt Williams

Guest Polish_Rifle

Realistically, I see my Clips dropping the ball yet again and losing Odom, Brand, Kandi, Corey, Andre, Pike, Rooks and Parks. I also see them letting Rick Carlisle slip away and eventually hiring a WNBA-caliber coach.

Hopefully, they will do the right thing and hire Fratello or Carlisle as their coach and signing at leadt 3 of their big time free agents, preferably, Odom, Brand and Kandi. Quentin Richardson can step in for Corey and Marko Jaric and Keyon Dooling can fill the void left behind by Miller. However, I am not keeping my hopes up.

Guest razazteca

Jason Kidd, Jermaine O'Neal, Brad Miller could be Spurs.

Derrick Coleman could be the oldie but goodie surprise like Kevin Willas was.

Guest Vern Gagne

I see PJ Brown filling the Kevin Willis role more Derrick Coleman. I don't want Derrick Coleman anywhere near my team. The Spurs have plenty of other options in free agency.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

Well, the Clippers have to get up to the minimum salary, so they will keep the two worst players, Maggette and Olowakandi.

As for the Spurs, I think they will still get Kidd instead of O'Neal, and it will bite them in the ass. Seriously, just watch.

If they do get Kidd, I think they should try and get Mourning with the exception. But otherwise either Brand or O'Neal is the obvious choice.

Guest Polish_Rifle

Is Kevin Willis retiring? If not, I think they should definitely keep him around the bench until playoff time. He can still contribute in this league.

Guest Vern Gagne

The Pacers still have first rights to O'Neal. Of all the Group A free agents for the Spurs to sign I think Eldon Brand would be a good decision. Besides that, look for more role players.

Guest Polish_Rifle

I love Elton Brand's game but I think the Spurs should get another 6'11 - 7 footer so Duncan can continue to play the 4. He seems more confortable there and he can also help out on the big man who will be guarding Shaq/Yao/other centers.

Guest Ripper

Elton Brand has put up 20 10 for his career and is a better shot blocker and defender than O'neil.

Jermaine and Duncan running the highpost would be wonderful but Brand can give you nearly everything that Oneil can...and he would be easier to get.

Guest Polish_Rifle

No way. My man Donald Sterling will match any offer for Brand and Odom (wishful thinking).

Kandiman would fit in nicely as a guy who gives you 20-10. I think he could flourish in San Antonio's system. At this point, O'Neal, Brand and Kandi are all a step up from the Admiral.

Guest Ripper

Sterling ain't gonna match anything. Its Sterling.

Plus Brand is a better shot blocker and scorer and cuts to the basket better than Kandi(who we KNOW is gone)...he would be a better fit.

Now, in the COlangelos would get their thumbs OUT of thier asses, they would Sign Kandi for their starting center (shotblocker and guy that can score with his back to the basket) and get Jaric as a back-up point and 2 guard and give up on Joe Johnson's worthless ASS then the Suns would be a top West team. ahhh...wishful thinking.

Guest razazteca

Suns will be a contender next season, I like that Jake Tsuewoiraeiosfjae guy.

Guest Polish_Rifle

I will not pass judgement on Sterling and the Clips until July 16th. We’ll see if he’s serious about contending this year when free agents are eligible for extensions/signings.